Sponsored

Installing Tesla in Premium

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, D1 Procharger Stage 2
So, about 5 months ago I bought a Tesla Android stereo but it didn't work with my Premium car. I bought another unit, and I plan to install and bypass the factory stereo.

Does anyone have any tips to bypass the stock amp? I'm looking to tap into the the stock amp speaker wire and run to my aftermarket amp.

Does anyone have any tips to tap into the factory amp? I'm pretty knowledgeable but I'm far from expert. I want to unplug the factory amp, then tap into the speaker wires from my aftermarket amp.

Thanks guys.
Sponsored

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW

Schlusel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sven
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I would like to bring this topic up again.
I'm trying to install a 10.2 Android System to a Premium 2016 GT while using the 12 Speaker Shaker System.
For now everthing works fine except of sound and rear camera.
My Problem at the Moment is, that the cable Colours don't match the ones shown in the wiring thread.
Did anyone already succeed in combining an Andoriod Radio with the 12 Speaker System?
IMG_20180903_213105.jpg

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Hey guys, very interested in this. I've started to read the other thread (its massive) but a lot of the original links are dead and the pix are all gone.

I've already upgraded the original 4" Sat/Nav to the 8" piece but looking for a little more... My question is in regards to compatibility of buttons.
Since I didn't start with a premium will all the toggle functions remain intact? Will the whole APIM be replaced? How is the customization on it?

Also, I have not any luck finding the attached Carbon Fiber Bezel. I've searched for a while now and sent several emails. Anyone have any leads?

TIA

I would like to bring this topic up again.
I'm trying to install a 10.2 Android System to a Premium 2016 GT while using the 12 Speaker Shaker System.
For now everything works fine except of sound and rear camera.
My Problem at the Moment is, that the cable Colours don't match the ones shown in the wiring thread.
Did anyone already succeed in combining an Android Radio with the 12 Speaker System?
IMG_20180903_213105.jpg
I'm also very interested in this option^^^. How do you like it so far?

Thanks all!
-Todd
20180930_212033.jpg