Installing BMR camber bolts / torqueing bolts

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Dumb question....it seems to be that after getting the desired camber I would need to remove the wheel, caliper and disc to properly torque the bolts. Is this what an alignment shop would actually do?
ps I had to do the opposite of what the BMR instructions said to get more positive camber and turn the big tab to the inside
Sponsored

bmrylnd5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
@sugoispec
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS
Are you using 1 or 2 camber bolts per strut? If 1, which side did you put it on?

OP
OP

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Just the top bolt per the instructions. The big tab was pointing to the wheel initially. Now it points inwards and I can get 1.5 deg neg camber.

bmrylnd5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
@sugoispec
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS
yeah, I have the same setup, although IIRC I have the nut side facing the rear so it's easier to get access to (flip the bolt around so bolt head is towards front of car). My alignment shop had no issues aligning anything.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
You should be able to torque the camber bolt from underneath while it's on the alignment rack. If you can't then you might need to switch the bolt around for easier access to the nut.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I've got the camber dialed in and have been meaning to try torquing from under neath....maybe next weekend.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
I've got the camber dialed in and have been meaning to try torquing from under neath....maybe next weekend.
Mark them with a paint marker once they're set then you can make sure they don't move easily by just doing a quick visual.
Sponsored