Sponsored

Installing a full GT350 catback on a GT

Synyster06Gates

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
As the title says - I'm looking to see what all is required when installing a 350 catback on a GT. From what I can tell, it looks like I'll just need reducers on the front of the midpipe where it meets the cats. Is there anything I'm missing here? The rest should go together as usual. I've already got the rear valance so I'm set there.

I will also soon be looking for a way to wire up a factory like switch for active exhaust if anyone has insight on that. The motors look to run $100 each and the OEM GT350 wiring is around $30 but I'm not sure what else is needed.
Sponsored

kingstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
As the title says - I'm looking to see what all is required when installing a 350 catback on a GT. From what I can tell, it looks like I'll just need reducers on the front of the midpipe where it meets the cats. Is there anything I'm missing here? The rest should go together as usual. I've already got the rear valance so I'm set there.

I will also soon be looking for a way to wire up a factory like switch for active exhaust if anyone has insight on that. The motors look to run $100 each and the OEM GT350 wiring is around $30 but I'm not sure what else is needed.
I bolted the gt350 corsa system without issue, I just had to change the the lead reducer. That system doesn't come with the active exhaust so I can't comment on that.

But I did find out the this corsa xtreme doesn't sound like the 5.0 xtreme because corsa tunes the mufflers for the voodoo motor.

OP
OP

Synyster06Gates

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I bolted the gt350 corsa system without issue, I just had to change the the lead reducer. That system doesn't come with the active exhaust so I can't comment on that.

But I did find out the this corsa xtreme doesn't sound like the 5.0 xtreme because corsa tunes the mufflers for the voodoo motor.
Interesting. I've got a Magnaflow Competition coming - I'm not sure if it'll sound like the kit for the 5.0 or not. I know the 5.0 system is also 3'' after the mid pipe to cat connection so I guess we'll see! This one does have active exhaust, so it'll be fun to figure out a way to make it work without spending $1600 on the Roush setup.

kingstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Interesting. I've got a Magnaflow Competition coming - I'm not sure if it'll sound like the kit for the 5.0 or not. I know the 5.0 system is also 3'' after the mid pipe to cat connection so I guess we'll see! This one does have active exhaust, so it'll be fun to figure out a way to make it work without spending $1600 on the Roush setup.

Corsa's response for putting the gt350 system on 5.0:
In theory you could make it happen but the sound isn't tuned for it and we have no idea what it would sound like. Good bad or ugly. It would only work if you have a fastback (not convertible) and have the GT350 stock rear end(valance). You'd need a mix of GT and GT350 products as well.

OP
OP

Synyster06Gates

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Corsa's response for putting the gt350 system on 5.0:
In theory you could make it happen but the sound isn't tuned for it and we have no idea what it would sound like. Good bad or ugly. It would only work if you have a fastback (not convertible) and have the GT350 stock rear end(valance). You'd need a mix of GT and GT350 products as well.
What exactly does that last sentence supposed to mean? Just talking about the midpipe?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Synyster06Gates

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Basically saying you need the 5.0 lead reducer in a nutshell.
Unless you're running 3" Cat-Deletes or headers w/3" piping and no reducer.
Do you have a link for what you used? or was it just a generic 2.5 to 2.25'' reducer? Did you cut the midpipe back and weld it or did you have another way of getting it done?

kingstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Do you have a link for what you used? or was it just a generic 2.5 to 2.25'' reducer? Did you cut the midpipe back and weld it or did you have another way of getting it done?
The reducer was obtained from a member in the WTB section of the classifieds on here, a lot of guys run headers with full 3" piping and no longer have need for the factory 5.0 Corsa reducer.

I did no cutting or welding, the whole system mounts right up.

OP
OP

Synyster06Gates

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
The reducer was obtained from a member in the WTB section of the classifieds on here, a lot of guys run headers with full 3" piping and no longer have need for the factory 5.0 Corsa reducer.

I did no cutting or welding, the whole system mounts right up.
Ahh got it. Looks like the Magnaflow kit I picked up is a little different - shouldn't really be an issue - I can have some 2.5'' to 2.25'' adapters put on.

34289247050_be302626e4_b.jpg

kingstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Ahh got it. Looks like the Magnaflow kit I picked up is a little different - shouldn't really be an issue - I can have some 2.5'' to 2.25'' adapters put on.

34289247050_be302626e4_b.jpg
The lead pipes are 2.5" and the 5.0 is 2.25", so you would need to have yours modified or use a 2.25" to 2.5" lap joint.
reducer-2.jpg
reducers-1.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP

Synyster06Gates

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Perfect. Do you happen to know if they are 2.25'' ID or 2.25'' OD?

I think I'll just take it to an exhaust shop and have them weld on stainless reducers.