Sponsored

Installers of 2019 Ford Performance Stage 1 Tune

alex9j4m

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ecoboost
Does anyone know if a list of certified ford performance tuners exist? I called 3 ford dealers near me (suburbs near Chicago) all of which dont know anything about the tune or installing it.

For those that's done the tune did you just call around till someone said they do it?

This is the one I'm talking about: https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9603-M4C

Thanks,
Alex
Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Just use any certified Auto Mechanic. Or ask your dealership to watch you do it and sign off.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
This is why I decided against their tune, no one in my area wanted to " install a high performance part" so I am just going with Cobb

Cmw458

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow black ford mustang ecoboost premium PP
It took me 3 dealers to get one that knew what I was talking about. You'd think even though it's an "aftermarket company" these dealers would know atleast a Little about these products.

OP
OP
alex9j4m

alex9j4m

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ecoboost
Well it's good to hear I'm not the only one having this issue.
I was going to go with a third party certified mechanic, but it just makes me nervous because the whole reason I'm doing with this tune is to maintain the warranty and I could see Ford trying to play games it I don't go through them.

Cmw458, how much did it cost to get the tune if you don't mind me asking?

Sponsored

lawrencecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP
Well it's good to hear I'm not the only one having this issue.
I was going to go with a third party certified mechanic, but it just makes me nervous because the whole reason I'm doing with this tune is to maintain the warranty and I could see Ford trying to play games it I don't go through them.

Cmw458, how much did it cost to get the tune if you don't mind me asking?
Ford is not the ones who maintain the warranty it is Ford Performance who will cover an issue caused by the tune for whatever is left on your 3/36 after you have it installed. Just need to send copy of purchase and copy of certified install to FP via email.

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
As long as u go to any AES certified shop, your warranty is covered as long as you send ford performance (not the dealership) a copy of the invoice and your car info. A dealership does not need to do the install. The tune is literally the click of a button, takes no skill what so ever. My 2016 FP tune also had the CAI that needed installed as well. Now that it is just the tune, makes it an even cheaper install. The shop could literally just watch you do it and sign off on it if they wanted.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Ford Performance lists all the FP certified dealer/installers, check for one in your area.

As others have said it does not have to be installed at a Ford Dealer. Any ASE certified mechanic can do it. I installed mine myself and had my son print a receipt for one hours labor for the install. I emailed that, the purchase receipt and a copy of my sons ASE certificate to Ford Performance and i had an email back from Ford Performance less than 2 hours latter confirming the warranty had been registered against my VIN.

OP
OP
alex9j4m

alex9j4m

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ecoboost
Thanks everyone for your responses, this makes much more sense now.

One more question, did you purchase the tune through their website or did you find it elsewhere?

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Does anyone know if a list of certified ford performance tuners exist? I called 3 ford dealers near me (suburbs near Chicago) all of which dont know anything about the tune or installing it.

For those that's done the tune did you just call around till someone said they do it?

This is the one I'm talking about: https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9603-M4C

Thanks,
Alex
We are a Ford Performance dealer / certified installation facility and also offer our own Mycalibrator Touch handheld tuning devices that we could load our own custom tuning to your vehicle with as well. Having us do the installation of the Ford Performance products here at our facility would allow full warranty from them also, so no worries there. We are located in Dearborn Heights MI so not in the Chicagoland area but we have plenty of customers in your area that make the drive in 3-4 hours depending on their exact location of course. Feel free to give us a shout if either one of those options would be something you would be interested in and we would be happy to help out!

313-561-5500 ext 1
[email protected]

Sponsored

Min Ahn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Min
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
You can easily install this tune using a laptop on your own

lawrencecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP

One more question, did you purchase the tune through their website or did you find it elsewhere?
Best i see at the moment is late model restoration has it for $450.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium

I bought the tune for my 17 from Levitton Ford. They were almost $100 cheaper than anyone else. Tasca Ford also has prices close to Levitton Ford. Both these places have online sites, don't call the parts department they will try and get retail.
Sponsored