Sponsored

Installed the MRT resonator delete H-Pipe

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Not the easiest thing I've ever done, but fairly straight forward.

The 6 1/4" measurement from the resonator body should be closer to 6 1/2. I don't think my pipes are quite straight, but I got everything tight and was tired of being wedged between chassis and concrete. We'll see how it looks in the daylight.

The sound as I came off of the ramps was nice! H-Pipe with Borla S-Types. Nice burble at idle, and not too much noise puttering around the neighborhood. Great voice when I give it a little throttle.:cheers:
Sponsored

Rdot9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT Premium w/ Performance Package
Nice. Now where's the videos!! :D I'm interested in that exhaust setup actually.

OP
OP
TexasRebel

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
I'll work on a video.

This setup definitely gets raspy around 2,500. Very little drone on the highway, almost stock cabin noise at 2,000 RPM (70 mph). I've already had a couple people notice and compliment the idle.

If I did it over again I'd probably do the H-Pipe first before the S-Type mufflers. It's a great sound, but might be a little on the loud side for a daily commuter.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'll work on a video.

This setup definitely gets raspy around 2,500. Very little drone on the highway, almost stock cabin noise at 2,000 RPM (70 mph). I've already had a couple people notice and compliment the idle.

If I did it over again I'd probably do the H-Pipe first before the S-Type mufflers. It's a great sound, but might be a little on the loud side for a daily commuter.
This with stock mufflers is really raspy above 4000 rpm and very tinny sounding. Good at part throttle, though.

The S-type catback (with X instead of H) does sound fantastic but is pretty loud for sure. If you decide to tone it down, the FRPP Touring or Corsa Touring axlebacks would be good.

OP
OP
TexasRebel

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
I was a little baffled (pun intended) that you can't get a Borla cat-back with an H-Pipe.

I looked at the Borla Touring Cat-Back. I could still get the touring resonator. The part numbers for the mufflers were the same. I don't know how the FRPP "by Borla" mufflers compare to the Borla mufflers.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I was a little baffled (pun intended) that you can't get a Borla cat-back with an H-Pipe.

I looked at the Borla Touring Cat-Back. I could still get the touring resonator. The part numbers for the mufflers were the same. I don't know how the FRPP "by Borla" mufflers compare to the Borla mufflers.
The touring resonator is also an internal H design, but will only be just a tad louder than the stock resonator.

The FRPP by Borla are slightly higher pitched than the Borla S mufflers, but the Touring is a half notch quieter, with the Sport being very similar in volume to the Borla mufflers. This would be if your scale was a 1-5, with 1 being stock and 5 being catbacks with LTs (Roush+X+LTs and Corsa Xtreme+LTs are a 6 lol)
Sponsored