Sponsored

Edwin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang - Triple Yellow
Those struts look great. Very clean looking. I didn't used to like Ruby Red but that video makes your car look awesome.

OP
OP
MostlyHarmless

MostlyHarmless

Middle Aged Punk
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Within 10 mph of the limit...mostly.
Those struts look great. Very clean looking. I didn't used to like Ruby Red but that video makes your car look awesome.
Thanks, I'm really loving the Ruby Red; it looks so great in person, especially when it's clean, polished, and the sun is out.

Infamous

President of Honda
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP
How was the install on the other side? I heard something gets in the way.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
The passenger side is easy. Just have to drill through the battery cover. Comes with the stepped bit and everything.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MostlyHarmless

MostlyHarmless

Middle Aged Punk
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
The passenger side is easy. Just have to drill through the battery cover. Comes with the stepped bit and everything.
Yeah, the passenger side was not bad at all. You do have to take off the battery cover and drill a 3/4" hole, but like Zodiac said, it comes with a stepped drill bit and it also comes with a plastic hole guide to help you get the hole placed in the right spot.

Overall, the install was easy enough for a beginner to do it. The video I found from CJ Pony Parts was also very helpful.
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]irs57uWKDnU[/MEDIA]"]CJ Pony Parts [/ame]

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Any pics of the hood when closed with these installed? Just curious as to any 'lift' at the rear of the hood/misalignment with the fender?

Thanks

OP
OP
MostlyHarmless

MostlyHarmless

Middle Aged Punk
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Any pics of the hood when closed with these installed? Just curious as to any 'lift' at the rear of the hood/misalignment with the fender?

Thanks
I don't have a pic ready to go right now, but I can probably post one tomorrow. Suffice to say, there is no noticeable difference; alignment is perfect and there is no 'lift' at the rear of the hood.

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
I don't have a pic ready to go right now, but I can probably post one tomorrow. Suffice to say, there is no noticeable difference; alignment is perfect and there is no 'lift' at the rear of the hood.
Thanks, look forward to the pics :thumbsup:

2wheels4me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GTPP, Much-Modded Fiat 500 Sport, 911 Carrera S
Yeah, the passenger side was not bad at all. You do have to take off the battery cover and drill a 3/4" hole, but like Zodiac said, it comes with a stepped drill bit and it also comes with a plastic hole guide to help you get the hole placed in the right spot.

Overall, the install was easy enough for a beginner to do it. The video I found from CJ Pony Parts was also very helpful.
CJ Pony Parts
Looks great (!), and I too am Ruby Red. Where did you get the matching paint version of the struts/hardware? Do all of the kits come with the stepped drill bit? I never see it mentioned on any of the sites, including Redline itself. Thanks.

Update:
Did some digging; Just found this link ($100+20, free shipping):
http://shop.bobsautosports.com/Redl...ter-2015-Mustang-redline-2015-hood-struts.htm

And this one ($100+49 - 5% and DOES mention the stepped drill bit):
http://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=5136

Was it one of these?

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
MostlyHarmless

MostlyHarmless

Middle Aged Punk
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Looks great (!), and I too am Ruby Red. Where did you get the matching paint version of the struts/hardware? Do all of the kits come with the stepped drill bit? I never see it mentioned on any of the sites, including Redline itself. Thanks.

Update:
Did some digging; Just found this link ($100+20, free shipping):
http://shop.bobsautosports.com/Redl...ter-2015-Mustang-redline-2015-hood-struts.htm

And this one ($100+49 - 5% and DOES mention the stepped drill bit):
http://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=5136

Was it one of these?
Got mine at JLT Performance (JLT Coldair) for $99.95 + $35, free shipping. I chose JLT because they also color match their cold air intakes and I might get one of those eventually. The price at Bob's Motorsports is really good though!

2wheels4me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GTPP, Much-Modded Fiat 500 Sport, 911 Carrera S
Got mine at JLT Performance (JLT Coldair) for $99.95 + $35, free shipping. I chose JLT because they also color match their cold air intakes and I might get one of those eventually. The price at Bob's Motorsports is really good though!
Great! JLT is a good company. How did you get the free shipping? Is that a Mustang6G offer? On the site they list $9. Thanks.

OP
OP
MostlyHarmless

MostlyHarmless

Middle Aged Punk
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Great! JLT is a good company. How did you get the free shipping? Is that a Mustang6G offer? On the site they list $9. Thanks.
Well, it wasn't quite free. I used the discount code MF6G5% that is for Mustang6G members and it knocked the total price down by about $7.

Redline Tuning

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.redlinetuning.com
First Name
Andreas
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Looks Great! JLT does a great job color matching our system to the vehicle. :thumbsup: We just got back from Mustang Week in Myrtle beach and saw a ton of 2015's rocking our Hood QuickLIFT system! :headbang:
Sponsored