Sponsored

Installed mercedes style AC vents, thoughts?

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
It's a no from me, dawg.
Sponsored

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I think they look cool.

Rodpwnz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 PP1 401A GT
Although I have no issues with the stock vents, I think this was a cool experiment and I can appreciate the customization and aesthetic. I also come from a Mercedes family, so might be a bit biased but to each their own!

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Found these ac vents from china and installed them recently. It required some epoxy and dremeling to make the final product. Dresses up the interior a bit, however I am kind of mixed on them and not sure if I will keep them. What do you guys think, do they work well with the rest of the center dash or do they look out of place? Functionally they feel higher quality then the original but the air direction angle is a bit constricted.

IMG_7005.jpg

Sorry man, no bueno from me. Fixing a problem that doesn't exist.

Sponsored

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
They look pretty good. It's one of those "I kinda like that, but am not motivated enough to do it myself" lol.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Found these ac vents from china and installed them recently. It required some epoxy and dremeling to make the final product. Dresses up the interior a bit, however I am kind of mixed on them and not sure if I will keep them. What do you guys think, do they work well with the rest of the center dash or do they look out of place? Functionally they feel higher quality then the original but the air direction angle is a bit constricted.

IMG_7005.jpg
It's hard to tell from the image, but can the vents be adjusted for air flow and be angled or rotated like the stockers?

Also any additional info as to how you actually did the swap or install?

I think it looks cool, it's different.

Personally the S550 HVAC vents are goofy looking in the S550 interior. They're basically parts bin vents and are the design of the same vents that first showed up in the F-Series product line - like very early 2000's.... To me, our HVAC vents just never looked like they belonged in the S550 interior, like an afterthought.

OP
OP
mediumrare

mediumrare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anton
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
It's hard to tell from the image, but can the vents be adjusted for air flow and be angled or rotated like the stockers?

Also any additional info as to how you actually did the swap or install?

I think it looks cool, it's different.

Personally the S550 HVAC vents are goofy looking in the S550 interior. They're basically parts bin vents and are the design of the same vents that first showed up in the F-Series product line - like very early 2000's.... To me, our HVAC vents just never looked like they belonged in the S550 interior, like an afterthought.
The angle can be adjusted of course and they can be turned 90 degrees so the center knob can be vertical or horizontal but the air flow cannot be adjusted.

They were sold as a set of three vents on AliExpress with led inside for ambient light, I asked the seller for just 2 without the lights. You have to trim the length of these and then you have to glue the edge of the vent itself to the original ring bezel. I also used some electrical tape on the edge of the center dash piece so that the vents would not wiggle since they do not have little fins that keeps them as stable as the stock ones. Not too complicated of an install. Let me know if you have any questions or want a link to the parts.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
They don't look bad at all, but functionally they're definitely inferior. The OEM vents offer infinite adjustability, while the Mercedes ones are designed purely for looks, not function. I drove a Mercedes with this kind of vents and found them next to useless.

Edit: I had missed this part:
The angle can be adjusted of course and they can be turned 90 degrees so the center knob can be vertical or horizontal but the air flow cannot be adjusted.
In that case they're even worse than the Mercedes ones I was talking about. At least in the Mercedes you can adjust the flow by rotating the knob.

Sponsored

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase

ruffchance

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Auto, 1942 Harley Davidson,1994 Custom Harley Softail

They were sold as a set of three vents on AliExpress with led inside for ambient light, I asked the seller for just 2 without the lights. You have to trim the length of these and then you have to glue the edge of the vent itself to the original ring bezel. I also used some electrical tape on the edge of the center dash piece so that the vents would not wiggle since they do not have little fins that keeps them as stable as the stock ones. Not too complicated of an install. Let me know if you have any questions or want a link to the parts.
Yep...like 'em!..... Do you have the link , please?

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
Glad to hear some of you like it, I ordered a set of oem vents that I will probably put back eventually and have these around if I get bored. Sometimes you gotta try mods to see if you'll actually like them
No doubt...I think it looks pretty cool, but just not my cup of tea. That doesn't mean you should remove it
Sponsored