Sponsored

Installed ford racing oil-air separator, need help!

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
You need a Bullitt TB not a GT350. Different actuators. Bullitt's is Digital, GT350 is analog. I'd bet the Mach1 uses the Bullitt's newer style.
You‘ve got me on that one Schwerin. I‘m surprised they would change the tab between the GT350, Bullitt and Mach 1, but hey, you might be 8 to something there.

OP
OP
Atlas1

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
You need a Bullitt TB not a GT350. Different actuators. Bullitt's is Digital, GT350 is analog. I'd bet the Mach1 uses the Bullitt's newer style. OEM part number for a Bullitt is KR3Z-9E926-A
thats the same part number that comes up for the mach 1 so nice to know they use the same one

OP
OP
Atlas1

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I run the ctek, not the ford branded one and it works well. They have a cigarette lighter adapter that you can use to plug into the car and not have to hook it up directly to the battery.

That one linked shows the lithium battery version, which is odd since the 5.0 uses lead acid.
in the description it mentions.........
  • AGM and EFB battery charging capability to include all 12V lead-acid batteries
are you seeing something else i missed? maybe i linked the wrong one. i just did a quick search and liked the idea of a ford product. do you like the ctek one you have? do you know is that who makes the ford one?

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
in the description it mentions.........
  • AGM and EFB battery charging capability to include all 12V lead-acid batteries
are you seeing something else i missed? maybe i linked the wrong one. i just did a quick search and liked the idea of a ford product. do you like the ctek one you have? do you know is that who makes the ford one?
No no, the description does indeed say that. It's just a picture of the ctek lithium charger (I have one of those for my other cars as well).

Also, I've found these chargers only last for a few years before the "mode" button on the front breaks and you have to buy another one. They work well, but their lifespan isn't long. The problem is I've yet to find a higher quality charger.

Sponsored

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
funny you guys mention that. as simple as the install is, i looked on youtube but couldn't find anything. the only videos i found were for the gt350 or pre 18 mustang gt which are different. i guess i should have filmed it and posted it on youtube..........a video of apparently what not to do lol

I found this one. Hope it helps! fast forward to about 1 min. mark.

BigBeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium 401a PP2
OP
OP
Atlas1

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A little update on my car……….
New throttle body assy is in courtesy of ford. Dealer looked at it and the service writer had the tech talk to me about it. Conclusion was it was likely broken or severely weakened before I ever got to it. Took a few days to get the part in which is not bad considering all of the supply issues!

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
A little update on my car……….
New throttle body assy is in courtesy of ford. Dealer looked at it and the service writer had the tech talk to me about it. Conclusion was it was likely broken or severely weakened before I ever got to it. Took a few days to get the part in which is not bad considering all of the supply issues!
nice! Glad that got sorted.

now get them to order that little clip I need and mail it to me :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Atlas1

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nice! Glad that got sorted.

now get them to order that little clip I need and mail it to me :)
I tried! The tech was going to think about a way to obtain one and let me know next time I go in. I have another appointment on sept 16th for a cold start chirp coming from one of the pulleys that I can’t narrow down which one it is. Hopefully he just takes one off of a car on the lot and problem is solved lol

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
I tried! The tech was going to think about a way to obtain one and let me know next time I go in. I have another appointment on sept 16th for a cold start chirp coming from one of the pulleys that I can’t narrow down which one it is. Hopefully he just takes one off of a car on the lot and problem is solved lol
Makes sense considering how easy it came apart. Like I said I have swapped out a few and never encountered this.

As far as the chirp, I think I remember my 08 ford fusion having this issue with one of the pulleys too. It was easy troubleshooting with the auto as I would hold the brake and give it a little gas to reproduce. That car didn't have enough power to move so it was quite easy.

OP
OP
Atlas1

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Makes sense considering how easy it came apart. Like I said I have swapped out a few and never encountered this.

As far as the chirp, I think I remember my 08 ford fusion having this issue with one of the pulleys too. It was easy troubleshooting with the auto as I would hold the brake and give it a little gas to reproduce. That car didn't have enough power to move so it was quite easy.
Check your messages I sent you a clip of the noise

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
I have that on one of my old trucks, it is the alternator itself, not really the pulley. or rather, the alternator is supplying too much resistance at immediate startup so the belt slips over the pulley for a split second.

OP
OP
Atlas1

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have that on one of my old trucks, it is the alternator itself, not really the pulley. or rather, the alternator is supplying too much resistance at immediate startup so the belt slips over the pulley for a split second.
It seems to last for a couple min on mine until it’s warmed up then the motor sounds normal.
Sponsored