Sponsored

Installed ford racing oil-air separator, need help!

OP
OP
Atlas1

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
*another UPDATE*
The chirping was not coming from the belt. Picked the car up last night. It wasn’t completely cold and I thought I heard a chirp for a second but it warmed up too quick to really say anything. Started up this morning and it’s there. So for anyone else that encounters this, skip the belt change and try something else lol.
During the process of swapping the belt someone managed to scrape the front splitter in a couple places. Does anyone pay attention to their work anymore????!!!! I know it’s not a $100k gt500 but it’s not your average focus or some other POS that comes in. You’d think it would get a little better treatment!

1BF89FA9-6BDB-4FE5-9A01-EF40687670FB.jpeg

65F2EA25-8F0F-4093-A350-9C46663921EA.jpeg

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
*another UPDATE*
The chirping was not coming from the belt. Picked the car up last night. It wasn’t completely cold and I thought I heard a chirp for a second but it warmed up too quick to really say anything. Started up this morning and it’s there. So for anyone else that encounters this, skip the belt change and try something else lol.
During the process of swapping the belt someone managed to scrape the front splitter in a couple places. Does anyone pay attention to their work anymore????!!!! I know it’s not a $100k gt500 but it’s not your average focus or some other POS that comes in. You’d think it would get a little better treatment!

1BF89FA9-6BDB-4FE5-9A01-EF40687670FB.jpeg

65F2EA25-8F0F-4093-A350-9C46663921EA.jpeg
No doubt. Did you bring this to their attention? That is why I prefer to leave mine off for the time being.

For the record that is an easy fix by lightly sanding as this has happen quite a bit to me with various vehicles.

So, they have no clue what was causing that sound? Well, it will eventually show its head before the warranty expires this early in the game.

OP
OP
Atlas1

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
No doubt. Did you bring this to their attention? That is why I prefer to leave mine off for the time being.

For the record that is an easy fix by lightly sanding as this has happen quite a bit to me with various vehicles.

So, they have no clue what was causing that sound? Well, it will eventually show its head before the warranty expires this early in the game.
I have a call in to the service advisor, waiting on a call back. It was closing time when I picked it up so I didn’t see it until I got home.
I know it’s going to accumulate some road rash over time but I want to be the one inflicting it! Not someone at the dealer who isn’t making the car payment lol.
when he calls back I’ll find out more info on the noise. It’s obviously not the belt. Im thinking it has to be a pulley. As it warms up it expands slightly? Not sure what else it could be. I don’t know if anything internal that could make that sound and disappear at temp.
Sponsored