Installed AA PP1 Spare Tire Kit, some Modifications to Get Exact Secure Fit

DrewT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
Does the trunk liner still lay flat with everything in the tire well? Do you have a link to this kit? Thanks.

Bigred911s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big Red
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I had one in my 2016 GT. Paid $450 shipped which I thought was expensive but on the other hand having a spare in a jam was worth the money in my opinion.

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Does the trunk liner still lay flat with everything in the tire well? Do you have a link to this kit? Thanks.
- Yes But: You need to ensure only 32 PSI is in the spare tire as they state to due. This allows the tire to fully seat (Very Tight, must press down hard to seat fully in tire well).
- I did not remove the felt backing back side pad on my trunk tire cover/Lid like they said to do. I purchased 1/8" Gorilla Rubber/Felt pad and cut a 25" circular to make a round pad to lay under the tire.

NOTE: I cut a small hole in the center of the pad to give clearance to the center bracket which the tire screw bolt cap screws into.
NOTE: The Tire does not move, the jack and jack handle does not move.
Very tight fit.

1684597558625.png

1684596793540.png

Cyberbill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 Premium Gt Convertible
I just bought one from Sames Kingsville Ford, in Texas and it arrived yesterday.
Sliped into my 2019 Gt PP wheel well with no problem. Had it shipped to Austin..Fellows down there good to work with and know their parts.
GrandPa Bill…Austin

Sponsored

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
I had one in my 2016 GT. Paid $450 shipped which I thought was expensive but on the other hand having a spare in a jam was worth the money in my opinion.
When I bought my car the spare tire and jack option was around $250. I told the dealer if they included that option along with a set of weather floor mats front and rear, I'd buy it. So they ordered them for me and threw it in the deal. OEM kit was a nice black alloy rim and spare tire which was a temp spare type but not as skinny as some of the temp spares we used to have before. I don't think the spare tire well would accept a standard full size 18" wheel and keep the trunk floor flat.

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
When I bought my car the spare tire and jack option was around $250. I told the dealer if they included that option along with a set of weather floor mats front and rear, I'd buy it. So they ordered them for me and threw it in the deal. OEM kit was a nice black alloy rim and spare tire which was a temp spare type but not as skinny as some of the temp spares we used to have before. I don't think the spare tire well would accept a standard full size 18" wheel and keep the trunk floor flat.
For the PP cars with Brembos, the One you purchased will not work on the front Brembos. Ford does not make a spare tire for the PP Cars with Brembos. No, A full size tire will not fit in the trunk tire well, Only Donuts.
Sponsored