Sponsored

Install VMP triple pass heat exchanger on 2018+ Roush TVS kit??

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB
Anyone figure out a clean and accurate way to relocate the 2018+ Roush LTR sensor/harness to allow for a VMP Triple Pass Heat Exchanger install?

- The VMP has no port.
- I'm not looking to delete the temp sensor or Roush tune.

1655946823600.png
Sponsored

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
My LTR/heat exchanger was removed when my killer chiller was installed so to my knowledge the temp sensor is just sitting there zip tied up. I do have a custom tune but I don’t believe my tuner changed anything when it came to that sensor. I could be wrong thou…

OP
OP
SH!FT

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB
Edited because I'm dumb.

Ok thanks. I can see that making sense with the VMP relay harness running their fans when key is on.

Did you see a significant difference in IAT2 during stop and go daily driving with the VMP triple pass installed?

Are you running without a LTR/heat exchanger now that the chiller is installed?

I'm considering the Interchiller route as well, but trying avoid mods that could confuse ford service techs as I will still bring the car in for scheduled dealer service records.

Last edited:

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
I wonder if you can have a local fab shop weld on a bung and tap it for the sensor? Or maybe vmp can add the bung?

OP
OP
SH!FT

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB
I'm thinking tapping into the water hose might be an option. Would just need to confirm hose ID and NPT thread size.

1655996604728.png

Sponsored

OP
OP
SH!FT

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB
It also looks like the direction of flow through the the VMP exchanger may be swapped. The Roush pump is on the passenger side.

1655998119865.png

OP
OP
SH!FT

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB
My LTR/heat exchanger was removed when my killer chiller was installed so to my knowledge the temp sensor is just sitting there zip tied up. I do have a custom tune but I don’t believe my tuner changed anything when it came to that sensor. I could be wrong thou…
Oh whoops.. I misread this.

You never had the VMP H/E. You had the Roush LTR removed when the chiller was installed.
Got it! Thanks.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Oh whoops.. I misread this.

You never had the VMP H/E. You had the Roush LTR removed when the chiller was installed.
Got it! Thanks.
Yes the Roush was taken off and the killer chiller put in its place. I contemplated the VMP unit because they are literally right down the street from me but everyone I talked to that had it said it wasn’t worth the money so I went with the KC. I would definitely push you towards the Interchiller vs the KC just for customer service purposes alone. I have heard nothing but great things about Interchiller as a company and product.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Yes the Roush was taken off and the killer chiller put in its place. I contemplated the VMP unit because they are literally right down the street from me but everyone I talked to that had it said it wasn’t worth the money so I went with the KC. I would definitely push you towards the Interchiller vs the KC just for customer service purposes alone. I have heard nothing but great things about Interchiller as a company and product.
Did you order from Joker Performance or direct from IC? Also, do you have the universal kit? I know you sent me the spec list so I'm assuming it's not the universal kit and was tailored to your car. The universal on Jokers page is much cheaper than I remember your quote being so I'm curious about differences.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Did you order from Joker Performance or direct from IC? Also, do you have the universal kit? I know you sent me the spec list so I'm assuming it's not the universal kit and was tailored to your car. The universal on Jokers page is much cheaper than I remember your quote being so I'm curious about differences.
I have the killer chiller not the Interchiller. I ordered it from Kincaid who manufactures them and spent $1k for the drag KC. I also ordered from them a hardline that is made for the mustang so my shop didn’t have to manufacture one. Unfortunately Kincaid/killer chiller has horrible customer service and a good product I was fortunate even with the issues I had vs some others. The Interchiller is out of Australia and you spend more but from what I have heard has great customer service and a great product. When you order from Jokerz I’m not sure if he has kits in stock in IL where he is based or if they are drop shipped from Australia.

Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I have the killer chiller not the Interchiller. I ordered it from Kincaid who manufactures them and spent $1k for the drag KC. I also ordered from them a hardline that is made for the mustang so my shop didn’t have to manufacture one. Unfortunately Kincaid/killer chiller has horrible customer service and a good product I was fortunate even with the issues I had vs some others. The Interchiller is out of Australia and you spend more but from what I have heard has great customer service and a great product. When you order from Jokerz I’m not sure if he has kits in stock in IL where he is based or if they are drop shipped from Australia.
Yes, now that my brain is working I realize it was someone else :p I knew you had the KC.

OP
OP
SH!FT

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB
Nice! Must have been super tempting to get an Odin with VMP down the road.

Did you ever get as far as speaking with VMP on the details for installing their H/E on your Roushcharged 2021?

For what research I can find, looks like Roush's 422184 kit has created major fitment issues with the triple pass H/E.

I'm starting the hunt for FI Interchiller install instructions for the 2018+. I would like to do the install myself.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SH!FT

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB
Just emailed FI requesting install instructions. I'll be stocked if they send me them.

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
I'm thinking tapping into the water hose might be an option. Would just need to confirm hose ID and NPT thread size.

1655996604728.png
That could work too
Sponsored