GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
I took my Roush CAI intake out today and installed the INJEN EVO system. The Roush is OEM build quality so my expectations were high for the INJEN. The INJEN is a very nice piece. :headbang: Intake bore has nice radiuses and is super smooth throughout. Vacuum hookups are beefy and all of the couplers are heavy duty.

First thing I did was cut the intake tube and removed the molded-in reducer to obtain the 106mm bore. My current tune is for the Roush 105mm tune so I doubt any chances will be made. I used a dremel with a cut-off wheel and went around the circumference of the tube. The tube is pretty thick so it takes some time. Once done, I pulled the insert out and cleaned it up with a file and some sandpaper, followed by a rinse in the sink.
1.PNG
2.PNG
Sponsored

OP
OP
GTBOB

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Next is some pics of how massive the air box is. Fit and finish of everything is very good.
3.PNG
4.PNG
5.PNG
6.PNG

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
Looking forward to seeing it installed with a good comparison to the roush. Edit: Never mind you posted the install right before me. In for comparison.

OP
OP
GTBOB

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ohio weather sucks right now so I haven't gotten out to drive it. But I started it up in the garage and throttle response feels pretty good. I like the shape of the intake tube. Nice gradual bends unlike the Roush. I'm not putting down the Roush by any means, but this INJEN has some great potential. Here is some comparison pics. Roush tube and air box are toward the top.
7.PNG
8.PNG

OP
OP
GTBOB

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
A couple pics of the air cleaner and exposure to the grille intake portion of the system.
9.PNG
10.PNG

Sponsored

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
This looks like a promising intake. Good work with the direct side by side comparison.

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Looking good! Keen to hear your feedback once you drive it.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
San Juan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP
in for drive feedback...thanks for the post.

djpheer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP
Why can't they just make a version that is tune required. I suck at dremeling.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Is that a flow meter on the snout of the airbox? Cool.....

Sooo, what's going to happen to the Roush?

Sponsored
OP
OP
GTBOB

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It's a meter that measures the pressure difference from the filter media. It has 3 threshold clicks so you can monitor the health of the filter.

Most likely I will sell the Roush system. I might be able to sneak out between the rain clouds today and see how the IATs are with this INJEN. If anybody is interested, send me a pm. Should have about 3k miles on the Roush.

OP
OP
GTBOB

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I took it out this morning and got a fresh tank of E85 and currently running my LUND tune for the Roush CAI. Intake temps do not fluctuate nearly as much with the INJEN. But a characteristic of a sealed intake box is that once the temps creep up, they take longer to come back. My Roush would climb really fast but then drop back down pretty quick.

I need a revised tune. My "MAF in lbm per min" during a datalog is considerably lower with INJEN EVO than the Roush CAI. I hope its just the slight variances between the intake shape/size that's causing this(yes, the MAF is facing the right way lol). I opened a ticket with LUND so hopefully the tune can be tweaked. After speaking with some knowledgable people in the tuning world, I actually need to data log while running a non flex fuel tune. So now I need to empty my tank full of E85 first.

Here is a better daytime pic of the INJEN
engine.PNG

Last edited:

Need4Speed15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Auto
I like the shape of the intake tube. Nice gradual bends unlike the Roush. I'm not putting down the Roush by any means, but this INJEN has some great potential. Here is some comparison pics. Roush tube and air box are toward the top.
I agree I like the intake tube, but I dislike the way the filter gets attached and creates an unessary 90 degree turn.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I agree I like the intake tube, but I dislike the way the filter gets attached and creates an unessary 90 degree turn.
Wouldn't be an issue with a drop-in style filter (aFE, for example), as the air has to make that turn no matter what, but the cross section it has to make that turn in is much larger.
Sponsored