OP
OP

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD 13 Nissan Titan Wknd ride 17 Mustang GT
Wait...what?
Has the installer had a decent look at it?
Which block are we talking about here?
Gen2 Block. 2017 GT. I haven’t gotten it back to him yet. Taking it after work.
I’m guessing he’s talking about where the manifold bolts up? Isn’t there an area that requires a little bit of shaving?
Sponsored

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
theres one metal chunk up there that needs to be cut along with a fit bits in the front cover. hope you get it sorted out , you will love it!

Gen2 Block. 2017 GT. I haven’t gotten it back to him yet. Taking it after work.
I’m guessing he’s talking about where the manifold bolts up? Isn’t there an area that requires a little bit of shaving?

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Guessing this would be the bit.
B576FCA4-797B-4DE3-BAB1-D7618C65ED7A.jpeg

OP
OP

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
theres one metal chunk up there that needs to be cut along with a fit bits in the front cover. hope you get it sorted out , you will love it!
Thanks! I’m already loving it. But definitely want it all right.

Last edited:
OP
OP

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well the installer had it smoke tested this morning. He said it had a faint leak where the block and Intercooler mate so he has to remove the blower and manifold and grind down a touch more.

Hopefully it is solid after that and I can get the final tune revision and rev this car out.

Sponsored

OP
OP

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car is back together. VMP reviewed logs and said it was perfect and good to go on their original tune. No revision needed. Car is PISSED off in a good way.
Still feels like there is a bit of a dead spot at times in the throttle.
I’ll ask VMP about it tomorrow. Maybe I need to upgrade the throttle body? Or maybe it’s just something I need to get used to but it runs great.

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What throttle body is on the car? Im running their twin 67s on my gen 3 with their tune and the car is perfect. What rpm are you feeling the dead spots?

OP
OP

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What throttle body is on the car? Im running their twin 67s on my gen 3 with their tune and the car is perfect. What rpm are you feeling the dead spots?

I have the Ford Twin 60MM. It was different RPM’s and not necessarily all the time. Usually over 2500. The best way I can describe it is me doing a hard pull and then slowing down and then barely mashing it to maintain speed. It seemed like it just needed a touch more pedal than when stock They did a tune revision today and now it’s almost too touchy. Hard to tell. It was raining here so I couldn’t really test it out today.

I basically have the base Gen2r kit with the addition of the plug and play fuel pump booster.

What is your idle speed?

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
idle is what stock was. car drives just like stock when not in boost

I have the Ford Twin 60MM. It was different RPM’s and not necessarily all the time. Usually over 2500. The best way I can describe it is me doing a hard pull and then slowing down and then barely mashing it to maintain speed. It seemed like it just needed a touch more pedal than when stock They did a tune revision today and now it’s almost too touchy. Hard to tell. It was raining here so I couldn’t really test it out today.

I basically have the base Gen2r kit with the addition of the plug and play fuel pump booster.

What is your idle speed?

OP
OP

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As I put a few more miles on the car I'm slowly learning it. It seems well for the most part.
One weird thing it does is after doing say a 3rd to 4th pull, it feels fine, but then I go to 5th and cruise. There is a slight dead spot in the throttle only after the pull. It doesn't have to be a hard pull. Going into any boost at all will cause it. All temps are well within good range.

VMP retuned and the throttle after that was too sensitive, and the dead spot would still happen after a pull so I didn't bother logging it. I went back to the original tune where the logs looked great, and I will be running that tune on the dyno today.

This sound normal?

Sponsored
OP
OP

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car laid down 602 WHP Today. They logged for me and VMP said the logs looked good. The dead spot is weird. Only happens after a pull. The car will always go you just have to push the pedal a touch more but after a bit of cruising it feels normal
Again. It will always pull hard when you ask it to though.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
The GEN3 kit is a $1000 more on their site right now, but it wasn’t a cost issue. It was more me not looking to make record breaking power.

I was also able to get my kit brand new for $5900. Once I get my car fully sorted it should see 600 WHP which is plenty for me.
That Gen 2R will make 950whp when asked to anyway. :).

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
And a gen 3 will make 1200.. With a bigger heat exchanger and throttle body..
95% of people will buy compressor that is too large, and will never even get into it’s sweet spot too!
Sponsored