Sponsored

Informal Survey: Who in here is signed up/using Ford Pass?

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT California Special
Just because your personal experience was different than everyone else’s doesn’t make you absolutely right no matter how many times you comment this. Not trying to be rude, but I don’t know why you’re disregarding what everyone else is saying, other than you’re trying to justify choosing to give up the $210 you could have. Did you get a specific $210 discount for the “FordPass delete,” or did the rest of us see a $210 add-on for the FordPass option? No, so either way if you choose not to use FordPass, you are certainly the one missing out. It also certainly has nothing to do with the dealers purposely hiding FordPass in an attempt to earn some kind of bonus or something. In fact, as others have already said, the opposite is true which is why the majority of dealers actually promote it as Ford wants them to sign up a certain percentage of customers for the service. My dealer actually had me set up FordPass and activated it a couple days before I even completed the deal and took delivery of my car. The whole privacy issue is another deal and if that is the reason why you choose not to use it, then fine. But your justification that somehow it costs you something to use it, or that it costs the dealer something and so they purposely don’t “offer” you the app is just wrong. And again, whether or not the dealer helps you with setting it up, you can just do it at any time on your own if you want to.
Yeah, my salesperson made a point of setting up FordPass on my phone. I had no idea it existed, so he could easily have just let it go.
Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
I didn't see a benefit for me, so I never bothered.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
I’m using it, strictly to check the oil life occasionally and the tire pressures, although I’m not sure how reliable (read “current”) the latter is.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Just because your personal experience was different than everyone else’s doesn’t make you absolutely right no matter how many times you comment this. Not trying to be rude, but I don’t know why you’re disregarding what everyone else is saying, other than you’re trying to justify choosing to give up the $210 you could have. Did you get a specific $210 discount for the “FordPass delete,” or did the rest of us see a $210 add-on for the FordPass option? No, so either way if you choose not to use FordPass, you are certainly the one missing out. It also certainly has nothing to do with the dealers purposely hiding FordPass in an attempt to earn some kind of bonus or something. In fact, as others have already said, the opposite is true which is why the majority of dealers actually promote it as Ford wants them to sign up a certain percentage of customers for the service. My dealer actually had me set up FordPass and activated it a couple days before I even completed the deal and took delivery of my car. The whole privacy issue is another deal and if that is the reason why you choose not to use it, then fine. But your justification that somehow it costs you something to use it, or that it costs the dealer something and so they purposely don’t “offer” you the app is just wrong. And again, whether or not the dealer helps you with setting it up, you can just do it at any time on your own if you want to.

I think you're confused. You might want to read the entire thread before you comment.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Use the tire pressure, check them out before I go out for a drive, air up as needed.

The oil life forecast is good, nothing else. The FordPass had much more info in 2020. Although useless most likely removed over the past couple of years.

Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I'm not sure I understand the question. Ultimately, the purchaser is paying for everything.....
Then go back and read the entire thread. There was a specific point being made.

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT California Special
Use the tire pressure, check them out before I go out for a drive, air up as needed.

The oil life forecast is good, nothing else. The FordPass had much more info in 2020. Although useless most likely removed over the past couple of years.
I've found the tire pressure sensors on the car to be about a pound less than my digital gauge. Just in case you're someone who wants to keep them at exactly 32 pounds when cold, like I do. Not that a pound or two matters, of course.

momalle1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I use it for my wife's Escape primarily for the remote start. Some of the other features are nice, and her car tells me some other info, but I get no use out of it for my Mustang.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
I drove my 2018 Eco 45K miles and never paid for an oil change, and I change oil every 5K miles. I also use the Ford Pass Visa card on road trips to get points. Lost a key fob and points paid the $250 for the replacement. I've used the door lock feature several times for valuable deliveries. Then sometimes when I'm having a bad day at work, I'll pull up the app and see Da Grape is waiting for me at home.

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
Good point, I suppose to a lesser ‘value’ the engine can be started and then the pressures viewed, that beats a four tire exercise of uncapping, reading, recapping especially in the winter months…
I believe that the TPMS sensors only transmit data when the tires are spinning. They don't turn on until the car is moving otherwise the batteries in the sensors would be dead a lot sooner than 10 years of age, which is the average life for TPMS sensors, though I've seen some that are older and still functioning. Of course, if you have a TPMS tool, it can activate the sensor by transmitting an RF signal (they typically use one of 2 UHF frequencies).

Sponsored

Bullittproof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium Fastback - Race Red !
I believe that the TPMS sensors only transmit data when the tires are spinning. They don't turn on until the car is moving otherwise the batteries in the sensors would be dead a lot sooner than 10 years of age, which is the average life for TPMS sensors, though I've seen some that are older and still functioning. Of course, if you have a TPMS tool, it can activate the sensor by transmitting an RF signal (they typically use one of 2 UHF frequencies).
I honestly don’t know, but it makes sense that it would likely hold/show the last registered pressures. I can say from my experience that when performing a seasonal tire change the ‘just-installed’ assemblies the TOMSs need a good ride around the block to wake them up, but, I am referring to what is likely previous generation sensors that needed to be re-matched to the vehicle.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I honestly don’t know, but it makes sense that it would likely hold/show the last registered pressures. I can say from my experience that when performing a seasonal tire change the ‘just-installed’ assemblies the TOMSs need a good ride around the block to wake them up, but, I am referring to what is likely previous generation sensors that needed to be re-matched to the vehicle.
If you update your screen the app will show you latest TPMS numbers.

IMG_4309.jpg

IMG_4308.jpg

IMG_4310.jpg

IMG_4311.jpg

Bullittproof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium Fastback - Race Red !
so, ‘key’ on? or remotely from the vehicle? and it provides a real time update of pressures (after refreshing)?

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
Use the phone app and select vehicle at bottom of screen then when it shows the location, miles and fuel level info swipe down on the screen for it to update to current info then scroll down to status and open to see TPMS and oil life index.

You must have your vehicle connect to a WI-FI network for it to update.

BD