Sponsored

Informal Survey: Who in here is signed up/using Ford Pass?

_zOmbIE_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 22 GT Prem PP
For what it's worth, once you add the vehicle to the app and collect your points, you can always disable it (uninstall the app and turn off the communications settings through sync)

I think there's no way short of pulling the fuses or the SIM card to permanently disable it, but personally I don't really care. Even if you don't use the app, Ford has comms to your vehicle.
Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
FIne, no additonal cost? I've seen my invoice, have you?

Ford gives 40,000 ford pass "points" for new vehicle purchases, which can be put towards accessories, etc. I used them for my extended warranty.

FYI you do not have to "offered" fordpass, every new Ford (or at the very least, every new Mustang and Bronco, since those are the only vehicles I can speak of personally)
O.k.....I wasn't informed of it's existence.

Last edited:

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT California Special
I'm with those who think it's silly to worry about FordPass when we use things like Google, Alexa, smart devices, smartphones, smart TVs, etc., etc., all of which are gathering data and passing it off to various parties. Ford is the least of my concerns when it comes to my data.

And FordPass paid for my oil change, so that was nice.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I use it. Mainly for the remote start function and I use it to put in my service history when I change my oil and such. I'm not too worried about being tracked. My phone, watch, computer, tablet, etc, etc all track me anyway.

sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Ecoboost 10R80 w/ FP Tune
I signed up for it - well, the salesmen told me I had to :rolleyes:

I never ever use it - except to update my cars maintenance history.

I also use it to see when the dealer is working on my car.... when they are doing warranty work lol

Sponsored

WV millwright

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jackie
Vehicle(s)
2018 F 150 2017 Escape
If you have an automatic with Sync 3, you can also remote start your vehicle from anywhere with the FordPass app. My wife uses hers regularly to warm up her Escape when she gets off work. She just grabs her phone, starts her car 10 minutes before quitting time and it's warmed up and unthawed when she walks out to it. My F150 and my GT neither one have the remote start ability so I don't really use it.

You are given 42000 points for a new vehicle purchase which is equal to $210 which can be used for service, accessories or toward the purchase of an extended service contract. The amount you paid for your vehicle or the interest rate you received has nothing to do with the app. If your dealer didn't offer to set it up for you, or at least give you the information to do it yourself, it's because they are just plain lazy. It takes less than 5 minutes to complete.

As far as Ford collecting data on you, as others have stated, every device you use collects data on you. You can turn off most of it but not all of it so unless you plan on living under a rock the rest of your life, we just have to get used to it. It comes along with the luxury of technology.

Stangomydreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Cali Special Convertible
Iā€™m a user. Itā€™s ok. The usual phone as key remote start, gps tracking, tire pressure, oil life etc and some points for ford service. Most manufacturers are doing something similar and some are charging for it. Ford is not - so far at least.

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang M1 HP
Nope. And I disconnected the TCU (4G/LTE modem.) Ford and company do not need to know my driving habits and/or locations.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I used it for around 2 and a half years and then disabled it and uninstalled it, as well as turning off connectivity settings in the vehicle options. I realized there really isn't any purpose to it on a base vehicle, other than being able to lock and unlock. But with proximity lock/unlock, what's the point? No remote start on manual vehicles either.

Bullittproof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium Fastback - Race Red !
I see monitoring (looking-in-on) tire pressures as valuable, I would like to see a problem (ie a tire woefully lower psi than its mates) when I can do something about it rather than when the alarm sounds while driving.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I see monitoring (looking-in-on) tire pressures as valuable, I would like to see a problem (ie a tire woefully lower psi than its mates) when I can do something about it rather than when the alarm sounds while driving.
I don't think the sensors actually read when the car isn't on, so I believe it just displays what the pressures last were

Bullittproof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium Fastback - Race Red !
Good point, I suppose to a lesser ā€˜valueā€™ the engine can be started and then the pressures viewed, that beats a four tire exercise of uncapping, reading, recapping especially in the winter monthsā€¦

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Nope. And I disconnected the TCU (4G/LTE modem.) Ford and company do not need to know my driving habits and/or locations.
But your internet Company and Mobile Phone Company track ya....

LOL... šŸ˜ šŸ¤£

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang M1 HP
But your internet Company and Mobile Phone Company track ya....

LOL... šŸ˜ šŸ¤£
Not really. Plus, I have measures in place to minimize tracking. Also, these are means of everyday communication. Thatā€™s a HUGE difference.

Why does Ford need to know my location? Why do they need to know my driving habits? Whatā€™s the purpose and logic? They sell that info and I donā€™t get a good cut of the profits. Oil changes are cheap in comparison to personal data.

If they cut me a check every month for my personal data, Iā€™d consider.
Sponsored