Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I have and do, and never been disappointed. In fact I know many more people that actively avoid VW, Audi and BMW than I know those that avoid a Nissan. The 1 time that I have
LOL, weird, because the two VWs I've had were among the most reliable (as in zero issues) vehicles I've owned, and were the first import for me. Most solidly built with the fewest paint/fitment issues too.
Iā€™m in the same situation as you.
I currently have a 17 Audi s6 and an 18 golf gti in the garage. Been extremely happy with both. Paint and panel alignment is perfect. No rattles or squeaks. Have not had a single issue with either car. That being said I wonā€™t be holding on to either after the warranty is up.
Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
LOL, weird, because the two VWs I've had were among the most reliable (as in zero issues) vehicles I've owned, and were the first import for me. Most solidly built with the fewest paint/fitment issues too.
They do have good initial fit/finish, but thatā€™s just a characteristic of any German car. VW Diesel engines are decently reliable, but just about anything else is junk

ā€œreliableā€ is subjective though I suppose. I consider ā€œreliableā€ to be well over 200k miles without issues outside of regular maintenance

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
NOTHING was gonna save the Mitsubishi 3000 GT from itself lol.
I know a guy who have a 3000 GT VR4 in like new condition and it's amazing car to have in this day and age.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I know a guy who have a 3000 GT VR4 in like new condition and it's amazing car to have in this day and age.
My uncle had the crazy rare VR4 Spyder with hard top convertible. Was 74K.
He went through 4 turbos, and 2 transmissions.
Syncros were starting to give out on it again and the top no longer went down when he finally got rid of it, for an Infiniti Q70.

Bone stock car, never raced and was like 74K new in '95/94. Pristine versions of the VR4 Spyder with low miles... barely hit 15K. No one wants to invest the time or money in keeping them on the road.
Beautiful cars IMO but unreliable as all get out, and so heavy that having 320HP just meant it could well... keep up with a same year Z28 that was under 1/2 the price of the VR4. Both the Supra and Skyline of the same Japanese generation were much better cars in quality and performance.

RonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 5.0 GT/ā€˜16 F150 XLT/ā€˜21 Explorer Platinum
I passed on an opportunity to buy a Mach 1 back when I was 19. I'm gonna pass again now that I'm 47. PP2 is all you need for the streets.
I agree 100%. Crazy thing here in Canada is apparently, each dealer only gets 1 Mach1 allocated, and they will likely have a +$20K additional dealer mark-up. Screw that.

Sponsored

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
What's your point?
Because mine was that Nissan wheels are massively better then Ford Performance Pack wheels. I never said that the CF wheels were not better. But unless you are tracking constantly (the MASSIVE majority of Mustang owners are NOT), there is NO added value in them for the price. I would not be amazed if the huge majority of PP2's Bullitts and Mach1's NEVER see a track other than perhaps a few 1/4 runs.

A light weight(22lb) Nissan wheel is about $650 new
A Performance Pack GT wheel(35lbs) is about $600
A 350 R wheel(17lb) is about $2,700

What do you think the average person would be in for? $200 more for better breaking, handling, MPG and acceleration, or $8,400 more?

Protip: Average person ain't rich. At 11k a set + how much they cost to fix/replace, needed a "special machine" to mount rubber on, they are gonna have to REALLY drop in price for me to care about putting them on a daily car that only tracked occasionally.
I believe Nissan ( Datsun) is a fantastic manufacturer. I have many trophies and big wins in the past with my SRL311 2000 roadster. Your comment about Ford Learning from Nissan when I donā€™t believe that you are a Ford Performance engineer or. Nissan engineer? With regards to weight/ horsepower/torque/track width/chassis stiffness and more . Fords Alloy wheels do what the engineers build them for considering the GT 350.I only brought up the weight factor because there is a better wheel that Ford does put on their GT 350 than Nissan offers . I do not believe you realize how flexible of those Alloy wheels are under extreme cornering in camber change? Different engineering design on both vehicles.? Have you driven a Ford lately??

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I believe Nissan ( Datsun) is a fantastic manufacturer. I have many trophies and big wins in the past with my SRL311 2000 roadster. Your comment about Ford Learning from Nissan when I donā€™t believe that you are a Ford Performance engineer or. Nissan engineer? With regards to weight/ horsepower/torque/track width/chassis stiffness and more . Fords Alloy wheels do what the engineers build them for considering the GT 350.I only brought up the weight factor because there is a better wheel that Ford does put on their GT 350 than Nissan offers . I do not believe you realize how flexible of those Alloy wheels are under extreme cornering in camber change? Different engineering design on both vehicles.? Have you driven a Ford lately??
Again.. has NOT A THING to do with what I said or my point.

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Itā€™s probably Enkei that make Nissan wheels. For certain GT-Rs it would be Volk. Enkei have always been good at keeping the weight down on their wheels.

DaveR.PP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
20 Mustang GT PP2 ; 67 Shelby GT350; 67 Mustang S Code Coupe; 88 Mustang LX 5.0 Coupe
Anyway, back to the subject of Mach I wheels...... they are indeed killer looking with those spokes. But for the track I am going to go Forgeline and likely 19x10 and 19x10.5 or 19x11 depending on my class and setup. But PP Mach wheels are purdy.

DaveR.PP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
20 Mustang GT PP2 ; 67 Shelby GT350; 67 Mustang S Code Coupe; 88 Mustang LX 5.0 Coupe
Anyway, back to the subject of Mach I wheels...... they are indeed killer looking with those spokes. But for the track I am going to go Forgeline and likely 19x10 and 19x10.5 or 19x11 depending on my class and setup. But PP Mach wheels are purdy.
Like the Forgeline GS1R at 16.2 lbs. Half the weight of the Mach I PP wheel. But the GS1R is obviously as this GT4 is shoed a pricey but excellent monoblock aluminum wheel at $1,550 a corner.

2-130777988_3336890696439033_6545862873893037875_n-M.jpg

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Man, if youā€™re gonna spend Forgeline money, at least do it right and get an 11ā€ (or more) square setup

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
now they just need to come pre-treated with ceramic or similar so cleaning them won't be a major PITA.
This is where grandchildren and bribery comes into play ........ "If you will clean the wheels on grandpa's "race car" :wink: , grandpa will take y'all for ice cream at 31 flavors." :rockon:

51NNED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I love those wheels and wish we could get those here. For an everyday wheel Iā€™d definitely rock them. Iā€™m leaning towards Tickford or Apex wheels when the time comes to replace the tires.
Sponsored