Sponsored

Inflated Trade-In Value (Too Good to be True?)

Maddog1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Hi All,

I have a 2017 V6 Mustang with auto trans and 15,000mi. Today I received a flyer in the mail regarding a massive trade-in event from the Ford dealership where I purchased my car from. The flyer had a unique code tied to my car and a call-in number, much to my surprise, the automated line said my trade-in value was $22,300.

I find this hard to believe because sticker on my car was around $27K, and I paid $25K. KBB for my car is around $15-$16K trade-in. I know this is a typical dealership tactic, but assuming I could return the car to stock and press on the $22.3K offer, I think I'd at least have to explore it? I am more than satisfied with my V6, however I am intrigued about going V8 down the line. They have inventory of 2019 base auto GT's for ~$33K.

I was considering going in and just saying that if they were willing to get me in a new 2019 GT for <$10K after trade, that I'd strongly consider making a deal. Is the $22.3K too good to be true?

Thanks in advance
Sponsored

vancouver_voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
GT350 2019
If you have to ask, then usually it is. However, I'd explore it still. Just make sure you have a strong and firm mentality. If you say <$10K and you don't get that, then walk away and don't waste anymore time.