In this era of black wheels, any thoughts on silver wheels on iconic silver

Iconicgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
I have a iconic silver 550 that I am thinking of putting ferrada fr3’s in silver on. Does anyone have the silver on silver to share or thoughts on it. I have come across a silver 550 on rohana rc10s that looks good. I’ve done a lot of looking through threads and it seems a rare set up.
Pictured are
1. my car
2. Package I’m interested in, would like larger tires (maybe 285/265) but can’t figure out if they’d work and what effects on poke etc they’d have. Factory size is 275/255 but the 28 offset changes things ?
3. Wheels shown in silver and black
69BC868A-3826-4629-B13F-CF78F2F09ED4.jpeg
5C10F516-DE33-4ECF-A47F-807526A85AAD.png
3AC78125-DABC-4E78-B389-F1980C42D26B.jpeg
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I think due to the fact that your car is silver.. I think the black is actually better looking imo as a contrast.

Too much silver wouldn't give any contrast. I don't see why the tires would poke anymore if you chose similar sizing.

I just recently installed 285/35/19 on 19x9.5 on 20mm (I am 99% positive they are 20mm offset) and mine are flush with car in rear. Rohana RF2's 19x9.5 with 20mm offset I used like 3mm spacers on the front to clear the calipers.

Here is my post on the wheels- pics are at very bottom
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...ue-ecoboost-premium-build.117171/post-3063326

imo, if your car was any other color than silver, I would say get silver. I went silver, but my cars blue. I went silver because I had chrome window trim, your car is silver, with black window trim. so I think black wheels match that, and the other trim.

OP
OP
Iconicgt

Iconicgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
I think due to the fact that your car is silver.. I think the black is actually better looking imo as a contrast.

Too much silver wouldn't give any contrast. I don't see why the tires would poke anymore if you chose similar sizing.

I just recently installed 285/35/19 on 19x9.5 on 20mm (I am 99% positive they are 20mm offset) and mine are flush with car in rear. Rohana RF2's 19x9.5 with 20mm offset I used like 3mm spacers on the front to clear the calipers.

Here is my post on the wheels- pics are at very bottom
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...ue-ecoboost-premium-build.117171/post-3063326

imo, if your car was any other color than silver, I would say get silver. I went silver, but my cars blue. I went silver because I had chrome window trim, your car is silver, with black window trim. so I think black wheels match that, and the other trim.
Your wheels look awesome. Great choice. I agree dark cars with light wheels, light cars with dark wheels have better contrast. I think these black pp1 wheels are deterring me from going black again they are so solid they look like a black hole, though I’ve seen them with spacers and that changes them dramatically. So I think it’s a combination of the black, the design and the factory recess that makes them hard to distinguish. Maybe black 5 stars would be more open and easier to distinguish. Could do the brembos red too. I do I have tint and black stripes going on as well. So a good bit of black planned.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
I saw a white GT with color matched white wheels and it look sweet, not that I'm into white cars, but it surprised me that I liked it. That said, chrome on silver should look good as well.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Your wheels look awesome. Great choice. I agree dark cars with light wheels, light cars with dark wheels have better contrast. I think these black pp1 wheels are deterring me from going black again they are so solid they look like a black hole, though I’ve seen them with spacers and that changes them dramatically. So I think it’s a combination of the black, the design and the factory recess that makes them hard to distinguish. Maybe black 5 stars would be more open and easier to distinguish. Could do the brembos red too. I do I have tint and black stripes going on as well. So a good bit of black planned.
if you look at my thread, I had PP1 replicas, in black, and you are correct, there's so much surface area, it is hard to see much space from any distance at all. but, if you had a more open wheel like you are looking at, that could give a much difference look.

edit, are those wheels silver, or chrome?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Iconicgt

Iconicgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
if you look at my thread, I had PP1 replicas, in black, and you are correct, there's so much surface area, it is hard to see much space from any distance at all. but, if you had a more open wheel like you are looking at, that could give a much difference look.

edit, are those wheels silver, or chrome?
Polished with a chrome lip. I think the pictures make them look chrome but in person the star is more gray.

OP
OP
Iconicgt

Iconicgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
I saw a white GT with color matched white wheels and it look sweet, not that I'm into white cars, but it surprised me that I liked it. That said, chrome on silver should look good as well.
I could see white on white. Ive seen at least one silver with silver wheels and it was clean. think i fear the investment and ending up with same results. My original thought/idea was red wheels, may have to reconsider that. I’ve been at it for weeks and I’m tired and just want it to be done. Haha.

Geosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I personally am not a big black wheels (typically). I think dark wheels look good, but there needs to be some contrast to the tires. Silver wheels on a silver car look great to me. Or a dark charcoal grey is good too.

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Mate against silver, my thought . But I may be biased .

20190818_112048.jpg

Sponsored

BigRed550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I definitely think black wheels look good on light color cars like silver. I think silver with silver doesn’t have any contrast. That’s like a white car with white wheels. I honestly really like the PP1 wheels that you have and wish I had got a PP1. Just my opinion though.

OP
OP
Iconicgt

Iconicgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
I definitely think black wheels look good on light color cars like silver. I think silver with silver doesn’t have any contrast. That’s like a white car with white wheels. I honestly really like the PP1 wheels that you have and wish I had got a PP1. Just my opinion though.
they are definitely nice wheels. They look a hundred percent better with spacers too. It’s a struggle, wanting to make it my own or somewhat unique. Then if I start thinking about the money spent on wheels, that money could be damn near half way to a supercharger.

OP
OP
Iconicgt

Iconicgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
I See your point. I think the tires add contrast to the silver wheels. At least breaks it up. Light wheels, dark cars or dark wheels, light car seems to be most common though.

OP
OP
Iconicgt

Iconicgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
I think silver & silver would look really good. Black wheels look like empty holes. Just MHO, of course.

1611523631795.jpeg

1611523707696.jpeg

1611523761947.jpeg
I definitely like these. I really dig the center pictures wheels.
Sponsored