Sponsored

Impressions on the S550 GT PP manual magnetic premium after 500 miles

rfcs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby Track Pak Triple Yellow
Not in order of importance, here is my take on the GT manual PP:

4 months from date of order to delivery (in Pto Rico). Worth the wait.

About the color. Magnetic looks much better "live" than in any picture I've seen. It's bright metallic; not dull.

About the 302 engine. It's a fast ride. I've owned a G 37s and a 2005 Stang GT 4.6 manual and the S550 is much quicker. Love the shift points and the manual has been seemless. Torque is plentiful and consistent on all shifts.

No complaints about fit and finish.

About the engine sound. Wanting more sound than stock, I deleted the mid-pipe stock resonator and installed a Ford Racing x-pipe and left in place the stock exhaust. Sounds deeper and throatier. Would not change the stock exhaust to add more noise. With the x-pipe there's a perfect balance to me between the engine sound coming from the tube and the exhaust. I added a K&N drop in filter but have not noticed a difference.

Driving impresssions and options. I have the Recaros and the performance pack. I like both options a lot. I also like the black wheels. Not so hard to clean and car looks stealthy. If you can afford the expense of these options it's worth it. The back seats have more room than my G37s and the trunk is bigger (golf clubs fit nicely).

Way to go for a setting is with the sports mode for the steering and the sports mode for the suspension. Throttle response changes noticeably with the sports setting. Ride is comfortable in either setting. Normal settings are fine for every day driving. I run 87 octane gas (lowest recommended in the manual) and the engine has not knocked without 91 or higher. Handling is tight and responsive in the corners. But, the GT (being a big car) does not feel as nimble as my prior G37s.

About the radio. I ordered the premium package without the shaker 401a option. Have read lots of complaints about the 400a premium sound system but the quality of the sound is satisfactory by me. I'm an audiophile of sorts but I would not raise the volume in this car so high to override the sound coming from the glorious V8.

Overall, this car is the best value sports car in the US today. Looks great, rides superb and performs as it should. This car turns heads. Thumbs up to Ford. :clap2:
Sponsored

dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Conv V6 4.0; 2016 BMW 340i
Great review. Care to post a video of the sound with your mods? :D

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Not in order of importance, here is my take on the GT manual PP:

4 months from date of order to delivery (in Pto Rico). Worth the wait.

About the color. Magnetic looks much better "live" than in any picture I've seen. It's bright metallic; not dull.

About the 302 engine. It's a fast ride. I've owned a G 37s and a 2005 Stang GT 4.6 manual and the S550 is much quicker. Love the shift points and the manual has been seemless. Torque is plentiful and consistent on all shifts.

No complaints about fit and finish.

About the engine sound. Wanting more sound than stock, I deleted the mid-pipe stock resonator and installed a Ford Racing x-pipe and left in place the stock exhaust. Sounds deeper and throatier. Would not change the stock exhaust to add more noise. With the x-pipe there's a perfect balance to me between the engine sound coming from the tube and the exhaust. I added a K&N drop in filter but have not noticed a difference.

Driving impresssions and options. I have the Recaros and the performance pack. I like both options a lot. I also like the black wheels. Not so hard to clean and car looks stealthy. If you can afford the expense of these options it's worth it. The back seats have more room than my G37s and the trunk is bigger (golf clubs fit nicely).

Way to go for a setting is with the sports mode for the steering and the sports mode for the suspension. Throttle response changes noticeably with the sports setting. Ride is comfortable in either setting. Normal settings are fine for every day driving. I run 87 octane gas (lowest recommended in the manual) and the engine has not knocked without 91 or higher. Handling is tight and responsive in the corners. But, the GT (being a big car) does not feel as nimble as my prior G37s.

About the radio. I ordered the premium package without the shaker 401a option. Have read lots of complaints about the 400a premium sound system but the quality of the sound is satisfactory by me. I'm an audiophile of sorts but I would not raise the volume in this car so high to override the sound coming from the glorious V8.

Overall, this car is the best value sports car in the US today. Looks great, rides superb and performs as it should. This car turns heads. Thumbs up to Ford. :clap2:
Hey man, we should meet when I get mine in a couple of months. I saw one in your same color combo in Carolina like a month ago. Loved it!! Gonna get a CO!!!

OP
OP
rfcs550

rfcs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby Track Pak Triple Yellow
Check out this video on YouTube:

[ame]

My car sounds just like this one. Resonator delete, ford racing x-pipe and stock exhaust. If you can't open the thread do a search on google ford racing x-pipe mustang gt 2015 stock exhaust. it's a magnetic s550. won't miss it.

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
Very nice... that is what I have ford racing X pipe and stock exhaust. Who the hell needs blaring noise abatement issues.

Sponsored

The Game

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Check out this video on YouTube:

My car sounds just like this one. Resonator delete, ford racing x-pipe and stock exhaust. If you can't open the thread do a search on google ford racing x-pipe mustang gt 2015 stock exhaust. it's a magnetic s550. won't miss it.

Haha this is my car. Glad the vid is helping others hear what the cars sound like utilizing factory mufflers and a Ford Racing X Pipe. Loved the review by the way. I recommend the JLT intake too guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sinister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Good review. The 400a radio is complete crap though. I'll definitely be swapping out all the speakers.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
How's it sound inside the car? Can you post a video of that?

How much weight did you save dropping the suitcase?
Sponsored