Sponsored

mewdawn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46, desperately needing an upgrade
Hey guys, I am sure that I am not the only one here that is obsessed with the GT350 and is trying to find out if it's possible to import this beauty into Europe.

So far the one major issue that I read in another thread was that apparently the hood of the GT350 didn't pass some European requirement for pedestrian safety. I am not 100% sure about this and couldn't find a source on it yet. If that is true, then maybe it's possible to get around that in some way or perhaps even change the hood as a last resort to have this beast running on our streets and tracks.

If you also want to get the GT350 into Europe then bump this thread lets see what we can find out together and how we can make this possible. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2011 GT Premium, 2012 BMW M3, Etc Etc
Hey guys, I am sure that I am not the only one here that is obsessed with the GT350 and is trying to find out if it's possible to import this beauty into Europe.

So far the one major issue that I read in another thread was that apparently the hood of the GT350 didn't pass some European requirement for pedestrian safety. I am not 100% sure about this and couldn't find a source on it yet. If that is true, then maybe it's possible to get around that in some way or perhaps even change the hood as a last resort to have this beast running on our streets and tracks.

If you also want to get the GT350 into Europe then bump this thread lets see what we can find out together and how we can make this possible. :thumbsup:
I'd rather see it remain as an America's only exclusive. Its going to be tough enough for us to get them .... why add the UK to the equation? You guys can have the GT 5.0. and the eco-boost.

OP
OP
mewdawn

mewdawn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd rather see it remain as an America's only exclusive. Its going to be tough enough for us to get them .... why add the UK to the equation? You guys can have the GT 5.0. and the eco-boost.

I was actually thinking of Germany. It would be nice to have a stock car that can compete with the M4, GT3, C63 etc.

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Germany can have it on loan....Just to do a real world test on the Nurburgring. Then you need to give it back. You have the M4, GT3, R8.... you can keep them now. We don't need them here anymore. ;-)

OP
OP
mewdawn

mewdawn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haha FINE. Don't get me wrong, I don't want them to be sold all around the world to everyone, I just wanna get 1 import into Germany (Yes I'm a greedy little child and the Shelby badging is just too beautiful to pass up) ;)

Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
As a Ford and Mustang fan, I'd like to see this car go to every market possible. Just be sure to build enough for everyone.

I'd hate it if BMW no longer offered M models over here, or if Merc stopped offering AMGs.

With that said, it wouldn't surprise me if there were issues with emissions or hood clearance that made it pointless to offer the car for some other countries.

-T

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT

Talk to Bill Shepherd Mustang in the UK. They will be importing some as soon as they can. They should be able to advise on the logistics of getting it registered in Germany :thumbsup:

Address: 1, 100 Royston Road, Byfleet, West Byfleet KT14 7NY
Phone: +44 1932 340888

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Or just buy a GT pp and leave our stuff alone. By the time Mr. Shephard gets a hold of one....you'll be looking at a Lambo Hurican for a price comparison.

Let it go.... and for once covet what we Americans have from your side of the pond.

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Ha.... Not until I've sat in them and and taken their virginity. You my friend can buy them used (By Me). LOL.

Sponsored

FiveLiterDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I've imported a LE to New Zealand because it was a limited edition, specialty, or collector car whichever you want to call it it was exempted from a lot of requirements. I would check first with your local and country wide laws, but if it's possible on your end I know it's possible on our end as an American Ford Dealer.

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
Cruzingaround..I normally like your post ..but this one is not cool...my god, if they want to have it there to enjoy, all the more power !! (just don't supercharge it...:shrug:

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
I can be greedy about this.... Hey I love soccer.... There's no hate in my sentiment...Just possessive greed. Hands off our car.

OP
OP
mewdawn

mewdawn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As a Ford and Mustang fan, I'd like to see this car go to every market possible. Just be sure to build enough for everyone.

I'd hate it if BMW no longer offered M models over here, or if Merc stopped offering AMGs.

With that said, it wouldn't surprise me if there were issues with emissions or hood clearance that made it pointless to offer the car for some other countries.

-T
Exactly, thats the spirit! It doesn't have to be right now, but maybe in the future we can get some used ones. TBH It will be impossible for some countries like the Netherlands that have crazy emission reqs but Germany should work out.

Talk to Bill Shepherd Mustang in the UK. They will be importing some as soon as they can. They should be able to advise on the logistics of getting it registered in Germany :thumbsup:

Address: 1, 100 Royston Road, Byfleet, West Byfleet KT14 7NY
Phone: +44 1932 340888
Thanks a lot! That is exactly what I was hoping to find here. :thumbsup:

Ha.... Not until I've sat in them and and taken their virginity. You my friend can buy them used (By Me). LOL.
Fine with me ;)

I've imported a LE to New Zealand because it was a limited edition, specialty, or collector car whichever you want to call it it was exempted from a lot of requirements. I would check first with your local and country wide laws, but if it's possible on your end I know it's possible on our end as an American Ford Dealer.
You are right, also since the base Mustang is offered here it should be possible to skip most requirements (crossing fingers).

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT

Sloppy seconds, eh? Oh well, with a good clean out I'd still take it :lol:
Sponsored