Sponsored

Important thread- Please read everyone- Why is the new mustang such a shit magnet

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Smile, give thumbs up, wave, mmob (mind my own business) and drive on. I never noticed any bad vibes.
Sponsored

Allerick

First Time Mustang Buyer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang (DIB 2.3T w/ Ceramic Int.)
I generally have positive experiences. Do Canadians hate Mustangs?

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
Your Prime Ministers Politically Correct righteousness might be infusing into the population of Canada. It's not PC to like fast cars.
You went there doh! :cheers:

Kansas GT

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
I haven't had any bad experiences with the Mustang, but I've had plenty of good ones. It tends to be a great conversation starter.

I had an amusing time minding my own business today while watching a Volt attempt to dart through traffic. He kept getting boxed in since traffic was heavier than normal due to the NASCAR race this weekend. You could see him raging away in his silent little car.

Had plenty of waves from RVs heading to the speedway though. :ford:

draph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6MT PP1
The Mustang actively destroys the environment?

People have no clue how clean today's cars are or how their favorite hybrid pollutes in ways the Mustang can't.
If I didn't want to clutter my rear bumper, I've been thinking of getting custom bumper stickers to put above the tailpipes declaring them as "plant food emitters"; and one in the middle that says "I'm pro photosynthesis".

Sponsored

RLMJR58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, pp, Kona Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I get a lot of smiles, thumbs up and nice car compliments. Haven’t gotten the bird in the mustang yet. However, when I do/have gotten one in the past I find waving, smiling like they are being nice just makes them shake their head and drive on of course under my smiling breath I’m tell them where to pack it...

draph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6MT PP1
I've had my RCrimson Mustang GT for one week of commute so far. I must admit the modal exhaust is a bit juvenile, especially given quiet mode doesn't cut horsepower. It just sounds too great to keep in quiet mode though; but I've found that even half throttle on ramp acceleration seems to provoke "retaliation" or "my car is better than yours" hyper competitive behavior of other drivers. I'm thinking it will only get worse when my horse can be let out of the gate at full gallop after the break-in period. Once I get over the novelty of the awesome exhaust sounds of the 2018, MyMode may just have to be Quiet exhaust for my daily commutes.

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
I have the brightest color, and the loudest exhaust. Yet I have gotten nothing but compliments.
I have had people drive like idiots just to get beside me at a red light and tell me how awesome my car looks. It's nothing special either. Just a stock GT with black badges and aftermarket wheels. I think it's mostly about how clean I keep it.
Women tell me how pretty it is, dudes tell me how mean it sounds. *shrug* This is why I like a small, mountain town in the south.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I've had my RCrimson Mustang GT for one week of commute so far. I must admit the modal exhaust is a bit juvenile, especially given quiet mode doesn't cut horsepower. It just sounds too great to keep in quiet mode though; but I've found that even half throttle on ramp acceleration seems to provoke "retaliation" or "my car is better than yours" hyper competitive behavior of other drivers. I'm thinking it will only get worse when my horse can be let out of the gate at full gallop after the break-in period. Once I get over the novelty of the awesome exhaust sounds of the 2018, MyMode may just have to be Quiet exhaust for my daily commutes.
LMAO, I still get requests in the neighborhood to open up the exhaust valves. But for the most part I keep it quite. I already set it to a 24 hour quiet start. It has a stately Euro refinement in quiet mode. If I want all the cracks, pops and gurgles I can switch it on and appreciate it in the moment.

I love to see any nice cars or courteous drivers out on the road.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I have the brightest color, and the loudest exhaust. Yet I have gotten nothing but compliments.
I have had people drive like idiots just to get beside me at a red light and tell me how awesome my car looks. It's nothing special either. Just a stock GT with black badges and aftermarket wheels. I think it's mostly about how clean I keep it.
Women tell me how pretty it is, dudes tell me how mean it sounds. *shrug* This is why I like a small, mountain town in the south.
Have you driven the car on the Tail of the Dragon yet?

Sponsored

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
I get compliments and thumbs up from a lot of people. Dirty looks almost always come from v6 and 5.7 hemi challenger owners and ricers.

Darkstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Oxford White.
Sh*t magnet? I thought you were going to refer to the dust that collects on the rear after every drive.
I thought he was getting the same treatment from all these birds that I've been getting. There's a vulgar display of bird **** on mine at least once a week.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Compliments for my ride. No negative stuff. Well not true, the only negative I can't go a single day with at least a few peeps wanting to race lol

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
dont get me wrong I get tons of 'ey nice car!" from people all over . Im not offensive to look at and I am gentle when I drive. I find its more older people in their suvs that are giving me dirty looks. I get lots of compliments dont get me wrong but there is a lot of negative people who dont leave you alone when you drive these type of cars.
I'm an "older person" and have been driving red Mustangs for most of the last 50 years (started in 69 and skipped 74 - 88) and cannot say I've ever gotten dirty looks from anyone unless I did something stupid and didn't immediately give an "apologize" hand wave or similar. Most of the time in both our laser red 97 GT and the 15 now 18 Ruby Red GT's it is thumbs up from people of all age brackets from kid up to an including truck drivers and "older persons" in SUV's.

FYI I keep the exhaust stock and am careful where I do any "test driving" which may help. :D
Sponsored