Sponsored

immediate attention

v-man

Still Plays With Cars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt 350 LB Black stripe
h6013 arrived today after a 4 month wait I was in the area of the dealer when they called and stopped by for a quick look. just as you some have said it was like it 6 months of dirt on it. I asked them to clean it up and give it a quick wash
1. front stripe has left side has a flaw in it I have old eyes but think it would need to be replaced rather than cleaned. never ever should have made it thru qa

2. behind drivers side wheel at the very bottom of painted plastic piece fender skirt imagine the tip a medium size pen tip or 1/4 the size of the front license plate dimple indentation it is not scraped or punctured it is painted and cleared not sure how I found it. This is a msrp deal

I am not going to go into a diatribe of why nothing seems to be total right as it should be any more but I am bummed out after waiting so long let alone dropping 60 grand I will drive this car and it will be hit with stones birds shit ect anything I should be concerned about thoughts would be appreciated as I would pick up car first thing tomorrow am
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I just received HR871 from transport. Yes, the shipping process leaves lots of grunge and dirt on the vehicle. However most dealers have (for this type of car) VIP detailing. I declined mine only because I was going to take care of it myself.

Now, A defect in a vinyl stripe is something else. that needs to be taken care of. Its not a big deal, however it can be costly if you have to pay for it yourself. I'm sure your dealer will take care of it. Thankfully, it is not something major like paint. stripes = easy, paint = PITA.

Best,

T

riversidedawg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB, 2010 mustang GT
I would have them fix it. I had a small paint flaw in the rear quarter pannel and I had the dealer fix the flaw also had some gouges in the rear passenger side arm rest and they replaced the pannel for me.

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Amazing how expensive these Shelby's are and how shitty the quality is.

Sponsored

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
Mine too had a couple of flaws. 99 and 9/10ths percent of the people on the planet would never see them. I didn't notice for a couple of days after taking delivery. I'm just living with them. Birds, bugs and stones will eventually take enough of a toll that I'll forget all about the couple of flaws.

Falconetti

cash me outside howbow da
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 1994 SVT COBRA
mine had a couple of small flaws that were completly forgotten about after the first trip to the hamburger/car show joint. A huge rock was flung up on the hood taking off the paint, probably an 1/8 of an inch. Had to dr. color chip it. anyway I think my point is, if you are going to drive that car at any point little flaws should just be character marks. nothing to loose your mind or frett over.

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
Had to dr. color chip it.
How did that work for you? I have a few small chips on the 350 and just bought a used Fusion for a DD that looks like someone took a shotgun to the front of the car.

Falconetti

cash me outside howbow da
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 1994 SVT COBRA
How did that work for you? I have a few small chips on the 350 and just bought a used Fusion for a DD that looks like someone took a shotgun to the front of the car.
nothing special, color is a good match and ill always be able to see it. My dad picked up the touch up paint from the dealer for his rock chips and i dont see a difference in one product from the other in terms of concealing the blemishes. Long story short, both will conceal, most wont notice, but you will.

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
When I had my blue Shelby it had a gouge mark about 3 in. long on the lower rear fascia. Dealer took car to a reputable body shop here and they completely repainted the rear fascia and put new stripes on it. Paint was a perfect match. You would have never known it had been repainted.

Sponsored

Lilby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Best piece of advice I heard about these cars was something along the lines of “Regardless of the end product and special parts, the base vehicle you are working from is the same factory and line that produces hundreds of thousands of $20k - 4 and 6 cylinder base rental cars”. The shipping process is very basic but it can be washed, the stripe is superficial and can be swapped out, the paint dimple like you said, amazing you found it in the first place. I personally wouldn’t be getting sections of the car repainted for that, it’s like a supermodels beauty mark in my mind. Call it character or something, haha.

At the end of the day it’s your car and I’m absolutely not trying to minimize your feelings on the car and the issues you found, but stripes, dirt and paint can all be fixed. Your R is finally here, don’t let those things bring you down. Much like supermodels secretly thinking they are ugly and fat, we all run the risk of focusing on the small defects. I’m betting the vast majority of people that see your car won’t see those things, they’ll just think “OMG look at that R!!!” Enjoy the new car my friend!! Let’s see some pics!

swish77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 LB GT350 C-package White Stripes
Car lovers often have OCD tendencies, as I do, and always look for perfection. The trick is to get over that quickly, especially if you drive your GT350 a lot.

I had my Shelby just a week when a massive rock on the highway shot up and hit the lip/edge of the roof right above the windshield, leaving a small divot. It hit so hard I thought it had cracked the windshield. So, all that stress I had about trying to keep the car perfect vanished, and now I have a couple of other battle scars too. None of it bothers me any more.

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Mine had a few "flaws" on it - a rub mark on the lower cladding, some paint swirls, and a couple spots where there were tiny, superficial divots in the paint work. Even finely hand crafted cars have flaws and these are mass produced - granted, a special version of a mass produced car, but mass produced nonetheless.

I chalked the "flaws" up to birth marks and haven't looked back. The last thing I want is for someone at the dealership attempting to fix one thing and breaking two more - or resulting in an even worse finish that doesn't have the durability of the original.

AirBusPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I must have got lucky. My car is flawless in every respect.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I must have got lucky. My car is flawless in every respect.��
I lucked out for the most part. I gave mine a 99% quality inspection. I figured anything I didn't notice at that point, I don't need to keep trying to find something wrong...would just bother me :)
Sponsored