Sponsored

im very amazed at how well equipped mustangs come - why buy anything else?

Zent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT Premium
With my gt premium i'm getting rain sensing wipers, leather seats, rear sensing, remote start, led lights, pretty much everything i could want and stuff i didn't even know existed

for the same price you can get a challenger scat pack and it doesn't even have leather seats and pretty much everything is an additional option

heck even if you got a rav4 or a highlander you'd have to add about 10k to the price to get rain sensing wiper blades

i hate this world because people don't talk plainly and they keep beating around the bush - mustangs are the best cars in every aspect in their corresponding brackets. Looks, reliability, value, performance god damn this world and all its BS!

Even if you buy a new c8 corvette you'd have to add 10k to the price to get the package for blind spot monitoring system!!!!
Sponsored

Seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Reliability... while mine seems mechanically sound, I have not had AC since the factory wrappers came off and the radio has a mind of its own...

LaMustang62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, Motorcycle
Bang for the buck also goes for 2 models. Premium and non premium differs by about 7k. Leather seats with heating and cooling and 9 speakers v 12 are thec3 functional things. Then a boat load of electronis add ons

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I agree that my GT is a great value for the money. But, some of the electronics and the GPS are suspect. The electronic quirks usually correct themselves after a bit. But the GPS is worthless in any urban area.

Sponsored

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I am absolutely in love with the fact that for $40k you get 460hp car that is frankly, B E A Utiful, with the heritage of a '67 fastback, and a million aftermarket parts readily available to make your Mustang truly and uniquely yours. I have been a Mopar guy my whole life and this gen Mustang changed my mind. Really, why would you buy anything else?

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I always like the Challenger body style. I knew they had the torque of the 60s muscle cars or more so. Then I drove one. Poor ride quality and I finally got it that the car is "big" feeling.
But, you are right OP, the car is a deal. The auto is incredibly fast. It seems impossible that for 37K (The price I paid for my used loaded '19) you could get an 11 second car that gets 25MPG on the highway with pump gas and incredible handling, and, yes, rain sensing wipers, adaptive cruise, leather, heated/cooled seats, remote start, independent suspension, etc.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Reliability... while mine seems mechanically sound, I have not had AC since the factory wrappers came off and the radio has a mind of its own...
Sounds like a pandemic special.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
I am absolutely in love with the fact that for $40k you get 460hp car that is frankly, B E A Utiful, with the heritage of a '67 fastback, and a million aftermarket parts readily available to make your Mustang truly and uniquely yours. I have been a Mopar guy my whole life and this gen Mustang changed my mind. Really, why would you buy anything else?
It's like a baby Aston Martin that does everything well and it's still worth owning after the warranty runs out.

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
I agree and disagree. I have the base GT with 301A, and because I live in Toronto, heated seats is a must for our Canadian winters, yet it's not even an option unless I opt for premium (yes, cloth seats don't get as cold, but heated seats still helps). Same goes with heated steering wheel (which may qualify more as a luxury option). Both of these options are standard on almost all Hyundai's and Kia's now, so why didn't Ford add that? I appreciate the co-Pilot 360 options being standard, but frankly I don't need forward collision warning, nor do I need lane keeping assist. I would trade those for heated seats in a heartbeat.

Sponsored

js19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Rain sensing wipers are horrible. I can't for the life of me find a good interval. It's either too fast or not fast enough and I can't see. I believe I removed the rain sensing option in the settings, but it would be 1000x better if it just functioned like a traditional windshield wiper. Adaptive cruise control is really bad too IMO. My dad was driving my car one day and didn't know the cc was adaptive and he said the car locked up its brakes because someone made a right hand turn. Dangerous.

Unfortunately a lot of the time these things are bundled with actually effective features (like blind spot monitoring) and you have to deal with them.

Aside from my small rant, yes, these cars have pretty good luxury features and good power for a not so high price. They're great cars.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
The 401a package on the premium gives both of these options included. And, yes, it does cost several thousand dollars more. However your base with 301a gives performance that would cost a goo 10K more on any other coupe. The Japs and Koreans don't have that kind of performance unless you spend a huge amount more. Ford needs to re-coup profit on a fairly low production vehicle any way they can. Charging a LOT more for options is that method. Still worth it in my estimation.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Rain sensing wipers are horrible. I can't for the life of me find a good interval. It's either too fast or not fast enough and I can't see. I believe I removed the rain sensing option in the settings, but it would be 1000x better if it just functioned like a traditional windshield wiper. Adaptive cruise control is really bad too IMO. My dad was driving my car one day and didn't know the cc was adaptive and he said the car locked up its brakes because someone made a right hand turn. Dangerous.

Unfortunately a lot of the time these things are bundled with actually effective features (like blind spot monitoring) and you have to deal with them.

Aside from my small rant, yes, these cars have pretty good luxury features and good power for a not so high price. They're great cars.
Totally disagree on the adaptive cruise. The "lock up" of the brakes is not the ACC. It is the "collision advoidance" which Ford has on all their cars now. This is easy to shut off and/or overcome with the throttle or manual brake application.

js19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Totally disagree on the adaptive cruise. The "lock up" of the brakes is not the ACC. It is the "collision advoidance" which Ford has on all their cars now. This is easy to shut off and/or overcome with the throttle or manual brake application.
That was shortly after I got my car, and I have since turned collision avoidance to the most minimally allowed setting, so you're right that's probably why.

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
The 401a package on the premium gives both of these options included. And, yes, it does cost several thousand dollars more. However your base with 301a gives performance that would cost a goo 10K more on any other coupe. The Japs and Koreans don't have that kind of performance unless you spend a huge amount more. Ford needs to re-coup profit on a fairly low production vehicle any way they can. Charging a LOT more for options is that method. Still worth it in my estimation.
Oh 100% agree with you bud. I'm especially blessed to be able to buy the car prior to the ridiculous price hikes (the base GT was starting at $34k CAD when I ordered the car March 2021, and by July 2021 when I took delivery, it went up to $41k CAD to start).

I don't know any other cars with a V8 that can be had for the same price range as our Mustangs.
Sponsored