Sponsored

I'm running a GT350 manifold--do I need anything to swap my stock TB for a GT350 TB?

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Hey everyone! I'm currently running a GT350 manifold with the stock throttle body and adapter. It's been 7 months or so since I did the swap, so I can't really remember what all was involved. Do I need anything--parts, bolts, etc.--in order to swap out my stock throttle body and adapter for the GT350 throttle body? I want to make sure I'll be able to make all of the proper connections. Yes, I know I need a new tune to account for the new throttle body.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Sponsored

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hey everyone! I'm currently running a GT350 manifold with the stock throttle body and adapter. It's been 7 months or so since I did the swap, so I can't really remember what all was involved. Do I need anything--parts, bolts, etc.--in order to swap out my stock throttle body and adapter for the GT350 throttle body? I want to make sure I'll be able to make all of the proper connections. Yes, I know I need a new tune to account for the new throttle body.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Which tune you're thinking about getting will play a big role if you should go with the GT350 TB or sticking with the stock GT TB.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Lund recommends the stock TB. I did the swap with the stock TB and am very happy. Previous post is true. Depends on which tune you go with.

OP
OP

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I actually going to go with a Palm Beach Dyno remote tune. I'm swapping in some different Comp Cams at the same time.

Type550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Absolute Black 2017 GT Fastback (Manual)
I actually going to go with a Palm Beach Dyno remote tune. I'm swapping in some different Comp Cams at the same time.
Interesting project :thumbsup:

Curious, what's your reasoning for going with the GT350 TB? Are they any significant gains to be had over the OEM GT TB? I've read there isn't that much gain for the effort, and you'll get better all round drivability with the GT TB?

I'm considering the GT350 IM in the near future but retaining the OEM GT TB as it's my daily driver, and don't really want to sacrifice smoothness for an insignificant bump in HP.

Sponsored

SQ_S550

rollin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Interesting project :thumbsup:

Curious, what's your reasoning for going with the GT350 TB? Are they any significant gains to be had over the OEM GT TB? I've read there isn't that much gain for the effort, and you'll get better all round drivability with the GT TB?

I'm considering the GT350 IM in the near future but retaining the OEM GT TB as it's my daily driver, and don't really want to sacrifice smoothness for an insignificant bump in HP.

I'm on a Lund tune with the 350 mani and TB, driveability isn't really that bad. 1st gear normal take off there is some hesitation under 1800 RPM. and if I run 91 octane I will get some surging at 75-80mph with the cruise on. The TB does allow a bit more air in, and the more air you can get in the better IMO!

I have about 22000 miles on my setup.

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
I never had any issues with my gt350 im / tb setup.
Here is an old low rpm throttle response vid I took a while back.

FF AED tune

[ame]https://vimeo.com/179403031[/ame]

Type550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm on a Lund tune with the 350 mani and TB, driveability isn't really that bad. 1st gear normal take off there is some hesitation under 1800 RPM. and if I run 91 octane I will get some surging at 75-80mph with the cruise on. The TB does allow a bit more air in, and the more air you can get in the better IMO!

I have about 22000 miles on my setup.
OK, fair enough... as long as you're willing to live with the annoying hesitation and surging, then all good. I daily drive my car to/from work too, and I need light/part throttle response to be as OEM as possible.

Maybe it's the Lund tune as I've heard others have had better success with the AED tune and the GT350 TB?

I never had any issues with my gt350 im / tb setup.
Here is an old low rpm throttle response vid I took a while back.

FF AED tune
Nice! That throttle response sounds really crisp and snappy. Perhaps Shaun @ AED has figured out the tip in tuning of the throttle with the GT350 TB ;)

Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
I had my stock TB ported out by maxbore. quick turnaround and looks great, runs awesome!

Type550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had my stock TB ported out by maxbore. quick turnaround and looks great, runs awesome!
Nice! How do you find the 2018 GT manifold with the bored out OEM TB? Has it made a significant difference? Is the 2018 IM ported too?

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! How do you find the 2018 GT manifold with the bored out OEM TB? Has it made a significant difference? Is the 2018 IM ported too?
the intake isn't ported, in fact still not in. Just got car back yesterday from being in dealership for A/C repair. Calling my mech buddy today to see if he can do it Sunday. It would have been on already but its been raining for almost 2 weeks straight now (also took a little time to receive tune). I will let you know once its on. I do have the F150 intake on now and it pulls hard. Never had any issues with the ported TB from www.maxbore.com

OP
OP

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I appreciate the discussion going on. Does anyone know if all of the connections will fit when swapping to the GT350 throttle body? I bought the JDM kit when I installed my 350 manifold, and I remember it coming with some kind of extension, but I don't remember if I used it, and of course I can't find the box will the unused stuff in it. :doh:

Also, will a Mustang GT CAI fit the GT350 throttle body, or do I need any sort of adapter?

Thanks for the help!
Sponsored