Im New to the stang game and I have questions

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I just bought a '20 GT with the auto. I don't have many miles on it yet. Its a great transmission on the freeway or highway. The jury is out on how it performs/feels under light throttle around town but I don't do much city driving anyway. Switching to Sport mode remedies most sluggishness. If I was going to change the exhaust for something deeper without getting much louder I would go for the Magnaflow Street Series. Its a cat back system.
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I really think you are looking into this a little too serious. I am not telling anybody to buy or not to buy the spring and nowhere did I mention clutch disc and flywheel. You appear to be coming across as arguing the point of why not to buy the spring and that is fine if that is your take, but not everyone will agree.

As for driving a manual, I think I do pretty good as I've owned and driven manual cars for the past 42 years; but thanks for the lesson or reminder. See, how I didn't engage in saying hey I am right and you are wrong. The poster asked a simple question about the clutch spring and there are responses to that question all over the forum.

I didn't even say "I need the spring"; I said I was going to buy and try it just to see if I like it; the same as I have done for every part I have bought for the car thus far. The ones I liked are still on the car, those that I didn't like are no longer on the car....it really is a simple matter. If you go by what some people say, you shouldn't ever change a single thing from the way Ford built it for you, because it is no way it can be improved upon.

Take a look at your very last sentence, and tell me that couldn't be taken as a poke at Auto tranny drivers. Cheers

Pretty funny you think for the fact that you've driven a standard transmission for 42 years, and pat yourself on the back with.

I do pretty good ..........let me be the second one to say congratulations .

Was not talking to you to be clear, and last but not least.
Last sentence -taken as a poke at Auto tranny drivers.
Well all I can say is if the shoe fits wear it ....LMAO

I make fun of Prius drivers also....... cause I can.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Argumentative are you? Let's just let it be. The thread isn't about you or me.

Pretty funny you think for the fact that you've driven a standard transmission for 42 years, and pat yourself on the back with.

I do pretty good ..........let me be the second one to say congratulations .

Was not talking to you to be clear, and last but not least.
Last sentence -taken as a poke at Auto tranny drivers.
Well all I can say is if the shoe fits wear it ....LMAO

I make fun of Prius drivers also....... cause I can.
Sponsored