Im New to the stang game and I have questions

Justgonna send it

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6spd
I’m looking at getting a new or new to me Mustang GT. I’m need some advice on a few thing.

Does the 2020 MT-82 still have the 3rd gear issue?

Is there any automatic trans issues?

Looking for some in put on what’s the best sounding axle back?
Sponsored

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I honestly havent heard of many 3rd gear issues on the 2020's not to say there isn't any.
The automatics from what I know havent had any issues.
Best axle back? In my opinion you can't go wrong with anything Borla or Corsa. Roush's aren't bad either.

OP
OP
Justgonna send it

Justgonna send it

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6spd
I honestly havent heard of many 3rd gear issues on the 2020's not to say there isn't any.
The automatics from what I know havent had any issues.
Best axle back? In my opinion you can't go wrong with anything Borla or Corsa. Roush's aren't bad either.

Thanks bro.

What frist mod do you recommend?

Vstang2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
My 19 with the MT82 has no lockout issues or problems with 3rd. IMO for pure speed the auto is hard to beat as it's sorta an " I-win " button over the manual in most cases. IMO the manual is more a drivers car for those who like to be a little more engaged with their vehicle. Sound is subjective , YouTube helps by giving lots of different setups

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
I have the 18 GT - with the manual - only way to go. Love it - no problems at all - I just passed 10K miles. Way too much fun.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Looking for some in put on what’s the best sounding axle back?
If you are looking for an 18+ you might want to look at cars with the active exhaust system. Ferocious in track mode but almost silent in quiet mode.

And by the way given that neither transmission should be a concern, please tell us what way you are looking to go so we do not have another 500 post auto vs. manual thread. :facepalm::)

OP
OP
Justgonna send it

Justgonna send it

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6spd
If you are looking for an 18+ you might want to look at cars with the active exhaust system. Ferocious in track mode but almost silent in quiet mode.

And by the way given that neither transmission should be a concern, please tell us what way you are looking to go so we do not have another 500 post auto vs. manual thread. :facepalm::)
Mostly weekend driver and trip vehicle , Mountains ,beach etc.

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
For just a fun car to drive on weekends and such I'd go manual. Just more fun to drive. As for the axel backs I personally love the sound of the Roush. The first mod I'd do to it would be to put in the Steeda clutch spring. Low cost with great results. Gets rid of that spongy feeling stock spring. Good luck in your hunt

givemeadollar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 LFP 800
Thanks bro.

What first mod do you recommend?
BMR CB005 then its time for the driver mod. The best way to do that is to put some miles on the new car, give it a few thousand miles and you will find exactly what you want to change on the car if you want to change anything.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Mostly weekend driver and trip vehicle , Mountains ,beach etc.
OK, so it sounds like your going to be a MT82 guy. That's great, you're going to love it. First mod, tint and paint protection. I would recommend PPF on the front clip and A pillars. If you have the budget, ceramic coating makes keeping the car clean a breeze. Don't forget to coat the wheels too especially if you get the PP1 package.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I haven't run into tranny problems or shifter issues with my MT-82. The choice of transmission is definitely up to the individual. The AT is faster if that is what you are buying the car for; the manual is more involving if that is what you are buying for. All the exhausts mentioned above are great. I have the Steeda H-Pipe and Axle-Back. On my manual, it sounds completely different than it does on the AT's that I've heard. There are a lot more gurgles and pops with the manual...if that is your thing; I like it. I have the Premium and my first mod was I had wheels and tires waiting in the garage before I bought the car. Keep in mind, every mod recommended is going to be subjective and dependant on one's finances in many cases.

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
I've not really heard any major issues with the 2018+ cars transmission wise. Besides the stock A10 calibration that leaves a lot to be desired , but no worries a little help from some custom tuning makes them a whole new animal. I love the feel of being able to manually change gears when you are doing some spirited driving, but as others have mentioned for flat out performance it's tough to beat an A10 that's for sure. So it's really a toss up for guys all depending on what they plan to do with their cars. Drag racing it, probably best to get the A10. For exhaust I always prefer Corsa on the builds we do at the shop, but they make the entire cat back systems. Far as axle back systems go, I have been pretty fond of the Roush systems. We are a dealer of most all the exhaust manufacturers out there and have some phenomenal flex fuel tunes for these cars as well. So feel free to give us a shout if there's anything we can help you with and good luck with the new purchase!

Justin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Grabber Lime GT Premium
Like others have said transmission is personal opinion. Drive both and see how you feel, I wouldn't worry about "issues" too much as both are pretty resilient at this point. Though in general the A10 will be more "reliable" than the M6. Some of the MT guys don't like the feel of the shifter and how it shifts so give it a test drive first to see how you like it. But other than that its basically go A10 if you wanna be faster or M6 if you want to have more fun/engagement.

Exhaust is also very subjective, my favorite is Borla S Type because it maintains that deep muscle car tone while making it more aggressive than stock.