What flavour is your Mustang? UK Only

• Total voters

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Just curious to know what the split is between Eco & v8. Sure Ford will have this info but it won't reach us until 2020...
Sponsored

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
V8 fastback auto.

Calv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 V8 convertible, Competition Orange
Ford say the most ordered vehicle is a V8 manual fastback in magnetic or a 2.3 ecoboost auto convertible in race red

SeaPadders

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Ecoboost manual fastback. But I'm still considering a new Fiesta/Focus ST3. It's really dependant upon what the insurance quotes come out like.... When we can finally get them haha.

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Ecoboost manual fastback. But I'm still considering a new Fiesta/Focus ST3. It's really dependant upon what the insurance quotes come out like.... When we can finally get them haha.
Ah good man - Fiesta to Mustang here too :) stick with the Mustang! Insurance quotes I have been getting are great; probably a couple hundred more than I pay at the moment so peanuts really for what you are getting!

Sponsored

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
I think the V8 to Ecoboost split is amazing.
Ford must have done their reseach and thought that the needed to introduce a 'sensible' engine to sell the car in Europe and then us mad idiots go and order V8s about 4 to 1.
I wonder if it will change, with the enthusiasts ordering the V8s before the cars hitting the showroom and the more normal people order Ecoboosts once they are on show.

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
I am quite surprised just how many more manuals have been chosen compared to the auto.

Now don't get me wrong, I enjoy a manual as most (my daily drive is a manual) but based on what I have read regarding reliability issues with the MT82, how practically bullet proof the 6r80 is in comparison (can handle huge potential in power increase), and having flappy paddles which is just icing on the cake, I thought the auto option would be a lot more closer as a percentage of sales.

Just goes to show what I know.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
What are these reliability issues of which you speak?

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Maybe less about reliability but more general issues (ratling, thud/clanking etc). Lots of threads in drivetrain section. Its been mentioned in many threads within this forum and others that the MT82 is just not as robust or handle potential power as the auto (one of the reasons most drag based cares are auto, sturdyness and consistent gear changes).

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I am quite surprised just how many more manuals have been chosen compared to the auto.

Now don't get me wrong, I enjoy a manual as most (my daily drive is a manual) but based on what I have read regarding reliability issues with the MT82, how practically bullet proof the 6r80 is in comparison (can handle huge potential in power increase), and having flappy paddles which is just icing on the cake, I thought the auto option would be a lot more closer as a percentage of sales.

I think a manual gearbox has a certain appeal that some people just don't get. Like the ecoboost v's the V8, there's something pleasing about a manual that you can't get from an auto - even if the auto is easier, more comfortable in traffic and (increasingly these days) more powerful and quicker to 60.

That said, I've gone for auto!

Sponsored

Paulo1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Evoke
Biggest reason why I went for the auto is i wanted the "classic" grand tourer, first trip is probably over to Spain. That and despite me thinking I'm Suffolk's version of The Stig, I cannot change gear faster than a computer!

Jimtasteek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulietta 2jdtm
Ecoboost fastback manual for me.

Manual because it's more fun (for me).
Fastback because we live in the UK (and I love the shape).
Ecoboost because it's cheaper plus I'll be driving it 60+ miles every day.

I really can't wait.

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
Ive voted (fastback V8 Auto) and I'm Australian....The "UK Only" was like a Red button marked "dont press"......Yes I'm a rebel.:headbang:

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!

My current car is an A Class AMG Sport. The first car I have ever brought in Automatic and will be the last. I appreciate that a Mustang Auto would be a completely different beast but this A Class has just proved something I kind of already know, auto is just not me!

I only brought the A Class as to tie me over to the Mustang coming last spring!!! So have been in it a little longer than I expected.

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
As much as I like the ecoboost, it had to be the manual V8. I have never driven an auto, and the manual has apparantly got its weird klonking and thudding noises,and numb clutch feel (let's wait and see).This is going to be my first and last mustang at my age, so it had to be a V8!
Sponsored