Sponsored

Illegal to sell under x-plan price? EAA rebate not allowed?

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP N3451 2015 Focus
I'm assuming the dealer meant its illegal based on the rules of Ford, not Law ... Ford's rules when it comes to a purchase using x-plan are quite specific. Read the web site from fordpartners and you'll understand. In other words, you cannot haggle from x-plan.

As far as allowing other offers besides 0%/$1000 rebate, that just shows me the dealer is either uninformed or trying to take your money.

I've had several dealers try to get me as many incentives as possible (it doesn't come out of their pockets). I have an extra $1500 in private customer cash to use when I buy, but was told that it cannot be combined with EAA $750 e-cert when using x-plan, so who knows.

Keep trying ...

BULLITTGUY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
I just came back from the dealer and it didn't go well. I got an xplan price for a '15 GT premium. I tried to haggle, but he said that it's illegal to go under that price and he can't do it. So I asked him to throw in something else to sweeten the deal. He said he can throw in 3 oil changes and 2 free tanks of gas, with the first one already included in the car... I could not believe it. So I tried to use my $750 eCertificate rebate from ford that I got from signing up for EAA and he said that it wouldn't work and that it's not valid with the 0% apr labor day sale. He said no rebates work with this deal.

I tried so hard to buy the car, but the assistant GM just wouldn't work with me and I walked out.

Can someone confirm if these statements are true or false? I'm considering another dealership or even just preordering the '16 instead...

(btw, I apologize if I'm taking up a lot of posts for my buying issues, but I figured this one definitely needed some light)
I just bought a 2015 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Pack today. Thanks to everyone on this forum for their help and advice. I bought from a low volume dealer (small town) so I didn't try to haggle. Instead I did EAA xplan + $750 EAA rebate + the 0% for 72 months + $1000 incentive.

Prior to me going to the dealer, I emailed the xplan Program Headquarters to verify I could use the EAA rebate + EAA xplan + the 0% for 72 months + $1000 incentive. Here is their response:
EAA REBATE.jpg

WeinerDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT/PP
I just bought a 2015 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Pack today. Thanks to everyone on this forum for their help and advice. I bought from a low volume dealer (small town) so I didn't try to haggle. Instead I did EAA xplan + $750 EAA rebate + the 0% for 72 months + $1000 incentive.

Prior to me going to the dealer, I emailed the xplan Program Headquarters to verify I could use the EAA rebate + EAA xplan + the 0% for 72 months + $1000 incentive. Here is their response:
That's great! Did you have to show "proof of membership" in EAA, or just the eCertificate?

Reactions: 113
OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Coming soon

Can you forward me that e-mail? My dealer won't call them for me.

Sponsored

BULLITTGUY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
That's great! Did you have to show "proof of membership" in EAA, or just the eCertificate?
The dealer didn't ask to see any proof. I had printed my info from my EAA account just incase, but they were only interested in the xplan pin # and the $750 EAA rebate. It was the easiest car purchase I've had yet. i arrived at 1100 am and was out by 130pm. And it only took that long because I noticed that were the panel meets under the passanger side headlight had popped loose (I was checking the car for misaligned panels thanks to this forum, lol) and had to wait for the body shop to install new clips.

xsamxiamx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samir
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium w/ PP
800-392-3673, and select option 1 then option 4.

I called in to complain that I never got my brochures, and asked them to ship me some. Thrn I asked them about coupons and they offered me the $750 coupon and gave me the program code and expiration date.

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk
If I call them and ask for the coupon, would they be able to send it to my email, because I plan on getting my 16' Ecoboost this weekend?

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mach 1/GT500 Owner
1000$ private? hmm i was only able to get 750 from calling the marketing dept.
Could you explain this as I called customer service and the marketing department and was very polite but they told me they did not have the ability to give me any coupons or incentives and that they are only sent out randomly and hope that I will get one at some point.

Thanks!!

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
Just find another dealer because yours is not being truthful.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

nortoncommando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Metallic GT PP Premium w/Nav