Light'em up!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Deep Impact Blue CS
I'm sure that won't last long.

Although, you can be exempt from testing if you go down the right channels.

"Vehicles operated exclusively in organized amateur or professional sporting activities as defined in the Environmental Protection Act (415 ILCS 5/1 et seq.);
Race Car/Show Car affidavits are available at test stations. Please read and complete the affidavit carefully, and enclose all required documentation. The affidavit must be resubmitted every two years to retain the exemption. Any questions can be directed to the Illinois EPA at (800) 635-2380."

You need to fill out a form and say it's a show car.

JohnG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I've never lived in a part of IL where emission testing is required. It's crazy how much they have collected in fines/fees from the registration notice stoppage!

86merc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Nowhere does that article say you don't have to go for emissions. It just says you will not be mailed notices for emissions. It is saying that temporarily you can renew your license plate stickers without passing emissions first. It even gives a link to let you be notified by email about driver's license and plate sticker renewals.

OP
OP

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Nowhere does that article say you don't have to go for emissions. It just says you will not be mailed notices for emissions. It is saying that temporarily you can renew your license plate stickers without passing emissions first. It even gives a link to let you be notified by email about driver's license and plate sticker renewals.
Lol mr technical. It might not say that you can skip emissions, but you definitely don't need to pass them to get your registration renewed. Is there a link to be notified about when your emissions testing is due?

Have you ever been asked to show your emissions test papers proving you passed?:headbonk:

Sponsored

86merc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
In the past if you didn't pass emissions they would not renew your plate stickers. The next step was suspending your drivers license if the emissions were not passed in a set time. I had this happen to me in the early 2000's with my 83 Capri. It might not be the case anymore. So I would not be telling people they don't have to take emissions just in case that is still the case.

The link for reminders is in the link you provided. :doh: But for those of you who can't read, like Jeffie, here is the link for reminders...

https://www.ilsos.gov/greenmail/

OP
OP

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Been a few days since I read the article so wasn't sure about a link for emissions. I'm all but positive that the only thing that can happen by not passing emissions is not being able to renew registration. I know several people(I'm sure you do too) that have not passed emissions on a vehicle for a couple years. Still have their licenses...

I'll say it again just to piss little anal Prattford off. YOU DONT HAVE TO PASS EMISSIONS IN IL RIGHT MEOW.

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD
Im in Huntley IL and have always been exempt from emission :) Certain zip codes are in Illinois...mine is
Sponsored