Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Bagged & Boosted 50th Anniversary
Last week, during vacation, I was able to install Ikon's diffuser. Installation is pretty straight forward and there's a few walkthroughs on this already, so I'll spare you the details. I will mention that I didn't remove the bumper for this. You don't need to.

Fitment was very good everything lines up. Texture looks pretty good and is almost a spot on match to the OE side skirts. You'd have to stare at it to see the difference. GTs have 2 lower supports inside the bumper on either side of the reverse light that some people have cut off when installing the FRPP 350 valance- Ikon's actually uses those. I didn't like how two insert mounts are used for the bottom of the reverse light (I didn't trust it and cemented them down to the valance) and the part underneath where the push tabs go was molded basically upside down. On the sides of the bumper, underneath, the OE textured plastic is shaped like "[" for 2 push-pins to clip into a plastic brace. The Ikon unit is incorrect here. Theirs comes out like an sideways "L" and just points at the ground and is visible if you're just standing at a slight distance. So, I cut it off. Doesn't do much, anyway. Other than that, it fits nicely, went together well and looks good

Where this install gets tricky is the exhaust. There are, to my knowledge, no quad tips available for this application. So, What I decided to do was modify Corsa's quads designed for the Roush valance.

This week I was finally able to take a day and finish this project up. Cut the inlet off and then cut a hole into the middle of the cross section of pipe. V cut a piece of 2.5" pipe stainless and welded it in place. Capped off the corner where the inlet originally was and welded the inlet onto the new center-mounted piece of 2.5".

I do wish I had a tig for this job, but I made due with the mig set up I have. Welds aren't pretty as Corsa's... But hey, they're solid and that's about all that matters.

i-dZcCTZQ-L.jpg

i-nrrPGjb-L.jpg

i-Jb7LzM5-X3.jpg

i-f6hVwPM-X3.jpg

i-GgWzNvw-X3.jpg

i-CrFMQXb-X3.jpg

i-gzPQmXq-X3.jpg

i-hjjzrSZ-X3.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Looks s.w.e.e.t!

Any photos showing the modifications you made?

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Looks s.w.e.e.t!

Any photos showing the modifications you made?
Thanks!

Yeah, I probably should have posted that up along with this. Oops. I'll update the OP as well.
Considering the mig set up used, this is as clean a weld I could hope for. However, I really wish I had a tig so I could have kept it cleaner.

i-dZcCTZQ-L.jpg

i-nrrPGjb-L.jpg

Sponsored

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
Honestly your car looks amazing. Best build I have seen. Great job.

And I need those fenders.

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still looking
Well done dude! Thats sick! This is exactly what I want. Too bad I cant weld HAHAHA

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
That looks boss!!!

I'm assuming this won't fit the base bumper without hacking it up... -__-

chris_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Premium PP
That looks awesome! Makes me want to do it. If I already have the roush valance would this swap out with it or not?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Looks great!
Yessss the write up!!!! Looks awesome
Honestly your car looks amazing. Best build I have seen. Great job.

And I need those fenders.
Thanks you guys! :cheers:

Well done dude! Thats sick! This is exactly what I want. Too bad I cant weld HAHAHA
Thanks! Haha, a competent exhaust shop should be able to do this for you- it's honestly not hard

That looks boss!!!

I'm assuming this won't fit the base bumper without hacking it up... -__-
Thank you :thumbsup:
It won't fit a base without cutting it, true. I do know a couple people that have done it though- I think there's even a guide on here for cutting and mounting the new diffuser
That looks awesome! Makes me want to do it. If I already have the roush valance would this swap out with it or not?
It should swap, but correct me if I'm wrong: doesn't the rough require modifying the mounting points? That may cause an issue if so...

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Very nice!
What mufflers are you using? Roush?

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Very nice!
What mufflers are you using? Roush?
Thanks Jason! Corsa Xtreme mufflers. I could have gone with the FRPP quad mufflers and saved a lot of work, but I just can't imagine anything other than Corsa on my car lol
Sponsored