Sponsored

If you're not washing your car using Optimum No Rinse

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I have the optimum no rise but haven't used it yet. I'm confused at how people say its different than the traditional 2 bucket wash method. You are still using a bucket of water with cleaning solution and you are still using the same towels to wipe the surface. I guess the key difference is you aren't using the hard water from the hose to rinse the surface...To me I would think that would be worse do to the water possibly drying on the surface before you are able to wipe it dry.
Of course, but you are also not pre-rinsing the car. Imagine how much loose dirt that water (a solvent) takes off before you even touch it. When you spray your car just with water a hell of a lot of dirt and grit comes off right away without touching it.

People are completely confusing that waterless wash is not waterless, rather it is not having free flowing water/hose. And no one is saying waterless doesn't have it's place but traditional washing done right is much safer for the paint because as above you are getting the loose dirt off first reducing the chance of scratching when dragging your towel/mit/whatever across the paint. Even the people selling the waterless products are saying (see my video from Garry Dean) that if you don't think you are leaving tiny scratches doing a waterless wash vs using free-flowing water that you are fooling yourself.
Sponsored

bew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 GT PP
How well does this do on the front of a car where bugs and other junk might be splattered on? If not well, hell I'd consider just old-school-washing my front bumper and using this for the rest of my car. Black car + AZ heat (even with the sun down) makes it tough for me to dry my car in time after a hose wash.

stangdan26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
Of course, but you are also not pre-rinsing the car. Imagine how much loose dirt that water (a solvent) takes off before you even touch it. When you spray your car just with water a hell of a lot of dirt and grit comes off right away without touching it.

People are completely confusing that waterless wash is not waterless, rather it is not having free flowing water/hose. And no one is saying waterless doesn't have it's place but traditional washing done right is much safer for the paint because as above you are getting the loose dirt off first reducing the chance of scratching when dragging your towel/mit/whatever across the paint. Even the people selling the waterless products are saying (see my video from Garry Dean) that if you don't think you are leaving tiny scratches doing a waterless wash vs using free-flowing water that you are fooling yourself.

Please get the facts straight brother - waterless car washes are "chemical washes" and they require no water. ONR is not a waterless car wash. It's the same exact process of using soap except you don't pre and post rinse.

It seems like you're just trying to bait people now.

Quit hijacking and take this argument to a thread about waterless wash or create a new one about it. I'm sure no one will disagree with you there.

ONR falls under the traditional car wash category.

Waterless = Chemical based spray and wipe with NO WATER.

mjhousto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB, 50 Years AP
How well does this do on the front of a car where bugs and other junk might be splattered on?
When there is anything that would not wipe off easily, use a bug an tar remover before washing with ONR.

Reactions: bew

Hogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Waterless washes do in fact use water. Most of the "chemical" is water. I can't speak for ONR as I use ultima waterless wash instead, but rinseless washing really is pretty stinking safe. I however am not a fan of waterless washing unless you are barely even dirty.

Most of the time I use the old standard soap and 2bm.

Either way a little bit of marring isn't the end of the world. My car is a daily driver, it will get chips and door dings. Polishing once a year is fine by me.

Sponsored

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
Always seemed to me that this was a way to keep your car clean during the winter when water freezes. You can do it in the garage and takes less time so you won't freeze your ass off. Sounds like a good alternative for those with water restrictions and judgmental neighbors, too.

But to be honest, unless your hose is continually running while you're wiping down your car, you probably use more water doing other rituals such as bathing, laundry, dishes, etc. You'd also be surprised how often a household of people flush the toilet in a week.

Hogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I mostly use the UWWA as a rinseless in the winter. If it is warm enough to stick my hand in a bucket of cold water I will almost always use soap.

I don't know that buy into the polymers encapsulating the dirt particles and protecting your paint. However, even after a nasty winter I don't have much marring on my paint and I have been using it for several years.

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
Subjective arguments based upon biased opinions smh. I'll say I have never tried this or even heard about but I am sure I can find some that have and weigh the positive and negative remarks and decide for myself if I want to give it a try. I like to think I am open minded especially when I am under- or un-informed.

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
I use it and I love it. If the car is very dirty I will spray it down first. This is not a waterless product guys. It's 1 Oz of product for every 2 gallons of water. I use the 2 bucket method. Saves water too!

OP
OP
BBB

BBB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Premium GT Poverty Snack
Washed again today with ONR, stuff amazes me more and more every time

Sponsored

njarmstrong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
I love ONR. I use a cap full in all my washes regardless. I prefer to not use it solely for a really good wash, however, I do find it to be a nice and quick alternative to a very light dusting where I don't want to spend the time on a full wash. Basically, I can do it in 20 minutes and feel safe, or if I don't want to I just leave the dusting on a few more days and do a proper wash when I have time. But as an in-between major wash cycles it can really extend the time between those if the weather is playing nice. I would never use it for a fully soiled car - but that is just me.

Kudarat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Konrad
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I used meguirs wash and wax anywhere and swicthed to ONR. I can say that both products have great results, I prefer ONR since its waterbased and much cheaper. Using 2 bucket method, 4 microfiber towels and 1 waffle weave drying towel.

Mustang99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Used this stuff for the first time this weekend and I have mixed feelings about it. First off, my car looks amazing and it is super quick and easy. But, and this is a huge but, since you don't have to rinse your car the dirt is still on there when you scrub your car... I put a HUGE scratch in my hood! Needless to say next time I will definitely rinse the car off first.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
I think there is a lot of misconception about products like ONR. I have used ONR and more recently adams rinseless wash on my cars since 2009. Rinseless washes use water, I use the 2 bucket method. I have used these products year round including the winter where my car is so dirty from crap on the roads(I live in new england and all my cars are DD) that you cant even tell what color it is. If you follow the proper procedures you should not damage your car at all. I used multiple microfibers, make sure I have 2 buckets and have never, ever damaged my cars finish in anyway. I am talking removing caked on salt and grime with no issues. The stuff works as advertised and is much easier to use than lugging hoses around.

I have washed my mustang a few times with a hose and normal soap, but most of the time its an ONR type product.
Sponsored