Sponsored

If your planning on a whipple with a custom tune / fueling, order now, pricing going up!!!!

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
If your planning on a mustang or f150 whipple kit with a custom tune, we encourage you to order soon on the ford side. Whipple is transitioning to only complete kits, and complete kits with no tune due to emissions.

so you will have to buy the fueling from their complete kits come with even if you don't plan on using it. this is already started on the gm and dodge kits and is coming on the ford kits.

as most guys usually do larger ids or fics, the custom package pricing is going to get more expensive. youll basically be buying a complete kit less $200, and still all the custom fueling and tuning.

get while the getting is good!!!!
Sponsored

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
So if I'm understanding correctly, no more 'tuner' kits will be offered by Whipple? Just complete kits, but the complete kits no longer come with a tune? Is Whipple abandoning turning for their kits?

AZ_whippleS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
So if I'm understanding correctly, no more 'tuner' kits will be offered by Whipple? Just complete kits, but the complete kits no longer come with a tune? Is Whipple abandoning turning for their kits?
No the full kit still comes with a tune however the "tuner" kit will now come with injectors and all the other stuff just without a tune

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
No the full kit still comes with a tune however the "tuner" kit will now come with injectors and all the other stuff just without a tune
Ah! Got it, thanks. I just misread that part.

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grey gt500 pp, recaros, nav
So how long is the wait for a new 3.8 kit? Still many months?

Sponsored

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
This makes me worried for the future of modifying cars.

MagCoyote5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium Magnetic(sold) '21 GT Prem PP1 MR G
If your planning on a mustang or f150 whipple kit with a custom tune, we encourage you to order soon on the ford side. Whipple is transitioning to only complete kits, and complete kits with no tune due to emissions.

so you will have to buy the fueling from their complete kits come with even if you don't plan on using it. this is already started on the gm and dodge kits and is coming on the ford kits.

as most guys usually do larger ids or fics, the custom package pricing is going to get more expensive. youll basically be buying a complete kit less $200, and still all the custom fueling and tuning.

get while the getting is good!!!!
I read this as no tune at all, meaning no can tune and tuning will be on the buyer to get done. Also having to purchase injectors separately if you want something outside the "complete" kit so if it comes with ID1050's and you want ID1300's, you will have to get them also and maybe sell the 1050's that come with the kit.

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
I read this as no tune at all, meaning no can tune and tuning will be on the buyer to get done. Also having to purchase injectors separately if you want something outside the "complete" kit so if it comes with ID1050's and you want ID1300's, you will have to get them also and maybe sell the 1050's that come with the kit.
The 15-17:
Stage 1 fuel system
55lb/hr injectors
6AN billet fuel rails

Stage 2 fuel system
72 lb/hr injectors
6AN billet fuel rails

The 18+:
stage 1 fuel system

38lb/hr injectors
6AN billet fuel rails

stage 2 fuel system
38lb/hr injectors
6AN billet fuel rails
DW400 fuel pump

I'm sure truck kits are very similar, years may be different.

This is all the potential extra fuel system components you will be buying. Not really hot resale items.
Whipples tunes are emissions compliant and they are not going to sell incomplete packages that could be used in non emissions compliant applications and be potentially be held responsible.