Sponsored

If you wrecked and totalled your Mustang, what would you replace it with?

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
The upcoming 2018 GT Stinger as seen in the NAIAS. :eyebulge:
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
If i were a Ford rep, I'd be really worried about the majority of responses being not only something other than Mustang, but something other than Ford. I'm in that boat too. I'll need something sporty-ish and practical, maybe a Forester XT, Q5 3.0T. Although in a few years I'll kick around the idea of a used 2018+GT, but I'll never buy a new Ford again.
I think a lot of people just spit ball and throw out wild ideas in a thread like this. I'd like to buy a 911 or a GS Corvette, but I'm really just dreaming. In reality I am most likely to end up with another Mustang. Partially it's being sensible and partially it's knowledge because I have already test driven the competition and I know how it compares in price and performance.

mike15gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I would get the newest model year of Mustang there is. My insurance will pay for new car replacement up to 5 years into owning the vehicle in the event of a total loss.
I might opt for the performance pack and pay the difference if I did get a new one though.

KV Racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP
I didn't mean to imply I have anything against some of the cars mentioned here. Brand loyalty is for chumps. Corvettes are great cars. In fact, it used to be my dream "fun" car since I was a kid... but then, incidentally, my 2007 Lexus IS350 got totaled, and I bought 2015 Mustang GT. At that point, I felt like a Corvette was too similar to the Stang to put them in the same garage (ironic, I know).
I guess I'm a "chump", I have ZERO desire to own any GM car. I've driven plenty, and spent more time leaned over the fender of them for one lifetime. Plus I've dealt with too many corvette owners to ever want to be in that group, regardless of the caliber of the car.

If my S550 was totaled and I was to buy another new car, it would be another S550, and probably just like the one I have now.

Akwarreng

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
warren
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt premium PP
I would replace it with a Suzuki Hayabusa, it's top speed is 248mph which is a little slow but it's ok for me.

TC :ninja:
They're governed at 186 as is the Zx14r and all liter bikes. Kawasaki h2 is the most powerful bike available. Whatever Hayabusa you saw was probably set up for half mile or mile races. Nothing close to stock.

Sponsored

earlingy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package
I really wanted to like the Camaro better, and the torque was awesome. But the visibility was so bad, and it just didn't feel well put together. The car mags all love the new one with 1LE so maybe it's improved. I'd give it a chance. If not, I think I'd want 4 doors, so maybe an Audi S3.

oldgeezer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT base, Ingot Silver, 6MT, 3.55
I guess I'm a "chump", I have ZERO desire to own any GM car. I've driven plenty, and spent more time leaned over the fender of them for one lifetime. Plus I've dealt with too many corvette owners to ever want to be in that group, regardless of the caliber of the car.

If my S550 was totaled and I was to buy another new car, it would be another S550, and probably just like the one I have now.
This.

legendary mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 mustang gt
Would you replace it with another S550? If only the Camaro didn't have such poor visibility, I would make the switch without hesitation. I've even seen some base Challenger Scat Packs get as low as $32,900.
get the 2018 mustang,easy choice to make.:ford:

earlingy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package
Speaking of Corvette owners, 6th gen Mustang owners are a pretty awesome crowd.

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost; coupe; guard; dark-saddle; MT; PP; Nav;
Not the same because guard color is gone. But it would be a Mustang

Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4

If you distrust a particular brand, that's a different thing entirely. Quite the opposite of brand loyalty. I get that some bad experiences, even if anecdotal, can really make it hard to give a company anymore of your money. But there are also more manufacturers out there than Ford and GM. ;-)

Anyways, if the Mustang is the best car for you on the market, that's fine. But that's hopefully not just because it's a Ford. I, too, would probably buy another S550, but only because I think, for me, it is the best car I can buy for that money. The badge it wears is mostly irrelevant... Not that I'm saying brand shouldn't at least be a consideration.

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Last edited:

Aarron_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit
Satin White Pearl, my man! :thumbsup:. I' wouldn't mind finding a hatch myself. I was never much into them and all my Subarus were sedans but now that they aren't around I like them. I have a buddy with a widebody 09 hatch and it's nasty from the back.
I do miss mine.
sti_3.jpg

QRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Being that my first S550 was totaled (not my fault) after a mere 6 months of ownership, I replaced it with basically the exact same car, just a different color and no spoiler (which I preferred anyway).

Now, though? That's tough. A part of me would like something different after two years with the same car if given the opportunity to change, but at the same time I have no clue where I would even begin.

My necessity for a stick-shift makes things a bit tough. If I wanted to move up-market, I'd go with a BMW M240i or maybe a 440i but the issue with that would be I'd have to spend an extra $5-15k more to get all the options I'd want while further sacrificing a 100-115hp deficit to the Mustang.

Mike A.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
I'd look for a clean 2013 to mod and also get a used truck rather than one more expensive car.
Sponsored