Sponsored

If you wrecked and totalled your Mustang, what would you replace it with?

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
If you wrecked and totalled your Mustang, what would you replace it with?
Therapy
Sponsored

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Corvette GS or Alfa 4C

Or turn a Miata into an Exocet for track duty

Last edited:

SynisterGT

Kooks + Corsa FTW!!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Mag/Redline
In no order
18 Auto vert
09 GT500

And I'm shocked no one said this
A MINT TERMINATOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'd probably finally commit to not buying a "performance" or car I'd want to modify again. I have a Mazda 6 that I really enjoy driving despite being slow so I'd probably get something similar.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Not sure at the moment, haven't put any real thought into replacement for any reason yet. But off the top of my head for a new car, maybe a 2018 GT/GT350, maybe a 1SS/1LE. Maybe a GS Corvette if I could justify a price-as-only-minimal-object purchase. Or maybe something a good bit smaller and lighter as a project with a V6 engine swap . . . perhaps Miata-based but more street-usable than an Exocet.

As far as I'm concerned, Mr. Goodwin's/ANCAP's complaints about the current Mustang (lack of speed assistance systems, lane support systems, autonomous emergency braking, forward collision warning, rear seat belt reminders and rear seat passenger concerns) lie somewhere between irrelevance and potential distractions that I'd rather do without.

Norm

Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
I hear what you are saying, but there is more to eat than steak. Sometimes its nice to have the chicken. Nothing wrong with trying different things.

Having said that, I dearly love my CS vert and I am planning on having it for a long time. But there is nothing wrong with me thinking, that someday, I will own a corvette as well....:ford:
I didn't mean to imply I have anything against some of the cars mentioned here. Brand loyalty is for chumps. Corvettes are great cars. In fact, it used to be my dream "fun" car since I was a kid... but then, incidentally, my 2007 Lexus IS350 got totaled, and I bought 2015 Mustang GT. At that point, I felt like a Corvette was too similar to the Stang to put them in the same garage (ironic, I know).

/lifestory

... So on that note, I guess I know the desire to buy a pretty different car after yours gets totaled, even though I loved that Lexus to death. But I had it for eight years and 90K miles, so it was time to try something new. The current gen Mustang is so new that it seems slightly weird to me for owners to be dreaming about Corvettes and roadsters. But maybe most of them are thinking it's not something that would happen very soon...?

Dannyho

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP DIB
If i were a Ford rep, I'd be really worried about the majority of responses being not only something other than Mustang, but something other than Ford. I'm in that boat too. I'll need something sporty-ish and practical, maybe a Forester XT, Q5 3.0T. Although in a few years I'll kick around the idea of a used 2018+GT, but I'll never buy a new Ford again.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
If i were a Ford rep, I'd be really worried about the majority of responses being not only something other than Mustang, but something other than Ford. I'm in that boat too. I'll need something sporty-ish and practical, maybe a Forester XT, Q5 3.0T. Although in a few years I'll kick around the idea of a used 2018+GT, but I'll never buy a new Ford again.
I am not brand loyal. If it flicks my switch then I buy it.

I think brand loyalty is waning a little bit these days. A lot of great choices and platforms to be had.

Sponsored

SnoopisTDI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard 2015 GTPP, Recaros, 2004 Lexus GX470
Honestly, I probably wouldn't. At least not in the immediate future. I got a GX470 as a back-up car for bad weather days and trips out west for hunting, camping, etc. It seems like I drive the GX 75% of the time anyway. I would miss the Mustang, but I'd probably be content to have the money in the bank, no more car payment, cheaper insurance, etc.

I know, boring. :shrug:

matteos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'd get another Mustang. I'd be tempted by the GT, but I probably wouldn't bother as about 70% of my driving is done under 20mph.. So I'd get another V6 (Damn LA traffic).

Aarron_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit
I'd get an 11-14 STI hatch in white if I could find a low-mileage, stock version. Otherwise, I'm likely to get a white 2017 STI sedan. With some changes in my life, the RWD, lowered v8 isn't as useful.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I'd get an 11-14 STI hatch in white if I could find a low-mileage, stock version. Otherwise, I'm likely to get a white 2017 STI sedan. With some changes in my life, the RWD, lowered v8 isn't as useful.
Satin White Pearl, my man! :thumbsup:. I' wouldn't mind finding a hatch myself. I was never much into them and all my Subarus were sedans but now that they aren't around I like them. I have a buddy with a widebody 09 hatch and it's nasty from the back.

Detector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
If they come out with a 2018 Mach I or GT500 I might consider one of them, otherwise I'd look for another low mileage 2015 Mustang GT.
Sponsored