Results are only viewable after voting.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Eh… screw the car list, I want to know how I can get on the list to get a $100k “here ya go”….

😁
Be advised, the cost is high - based on OP's post #90 you don't get to keep your dick 🤣
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Question on this… my dad has a ‘69 Charger. If I get one of those kits to drop in a modern hellcat engine, does it now have to be smogged and all that stupid shit cause the engine is new, or does that not apply cause the car is still pre-smog?
I think you are supposed to go by the engine model year. But who would know.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Question on this… my dad has a ‘69 Charger. If I get one of those kits to drop in a modern hellcat engine, does it now have to be smogged and all that stupid shit cause the engine is new, or does that not apply cause the car is still pre-smog?

I could easily spend near 100k on getting that thing updated and fucking mint
Not sure how it is in CA, but in IL emissions testing is only required for vehicles built in 1996 or newer. It’s also done via the OBD port and there is no physical inspection of the car, so they would have no way of knowing what’s under the hood unless you fail emissions testing. And even then, they just give you a print out and tell you to go get it checked and fixed.

Järn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, Ruby Red, A10, B&O, AE

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

I could easily spend near 100k on getting that thing updated and fucking mint
I think you are supposed to go by the engine model year. But who would know.
Not sure how it is in CA, but in IL emissions testing is only required for vehicles built in 1996 or newer. It’s also done via the OBD port and there is no physical inspection of the car, so they would have no way of knowing what’s under the hood unless you fail emissions testing. And even then, they just give you a print out and tell you to go get it checked and fixed.

So to the question if installing a modern day driveline into a Classic (pre-1978), most DMV Emissions inspections are based only on the VIN and manufactured year of the vehicle.

IF the VIN of the time period didn't require or have factory installed emissions components, it's still NOT required even if retrofitting a modern day driveline into that chassis/body shell.

Some States have also eliminated emissions testing for vehicles that fall into the 25 year and older categories. Check with your State's DMV Inspection/Emissions guidelines.

For instance, in 2016 NJ legislation passed a law (N.J.A.C. 13:20-7.2) where any vehicle that is 1995 and older is no longer required to go through ANY State inspection process at all (this includes emissions) - they're totally exempt.
https://www.nj.gov/mvc/inspection/tailpipe.htm

- The only other way to get an Inspection exemption in NJ is if registered as a Street Rod or Historic Vehicle (25 years and older).
- Registered as a Collector Vehicle, but this requires a special Inspection sticker (triangle) for windshield and the vehicle IS required to go to annual DMV Inspection station only for Odometer check and replacement windshield decal.

Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I wouldn't buy any of these on the list mine would be the latest model dodge viper ACR

OP
OP
TrackMustang

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I wouldn't buy any of these on the list mine would be the latest model dodge viper ACR
Why is that

Edit; most are at least $50k above my limit

OP
OP
TrackMustang

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT

Sponsored

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
Probably down payment on Porsche GT4RS assuming I just ordered pretty basic spec without the Weissach package or too many other add-ons. Also assuming there would be no markup (dream on). And while were making arses out of u and me if I was given $100K to just spend I would actually end up with a new truck, enclosed trailer and maybe a Mach1. Selling/trading my current truck, trailer and PP2.