Sponsored

If you were buying a stripped GT with one option what would it be?

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Yes and yes on both comments above ...

A 95 GTS is actually quite rare these days, I've only seen less than 5 ever come up online for sale. I believe there is one currently on eBay. I knew of a blue one that a prior Corral.net member had in PA, it was sold a few years back but it was mint and was never changed from its as built factory GTS form.

The 86-93 notch deletes are harder to find today too, but there are far more examples out there in the wild. Many were SSP's, and stripped down to just the basics due to service life applications. To find a "civilian" stripped notch is difficult because many owners modified them or added back features that were factory deleted (or swapped entire interiors). Definitely lightweights of the day...

Ford should consider creating and selling a modern day lightweight GT...
Yes, it's red, and if it was a manual I would have already bought it.
Sponsored

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I personally disagree. Last car I had with 275's on the front was scary on uneven blacktop roads. It would track with the road so bad it was scary. Didn't do that when it had 245's on front.
I have 305’s on the front that are probably 60% worn and I wouldn’t say it’s ever been scary. It also depends on the tire.

OP
OP
19gtaz

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT, PP1 and 2021 Mach 1
I have 305’s on the front that are probably 60% worn and I wouldn’t say it’s ever been scary. It also depends on the tire.
I align my old mustangs myself and adding caster helps tremendously on tramlining on patched up crappy roads. As you stated some tires are worse or better than others.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
sorry but this car needs to be driven more if at possible. i thought my 12k was low... well 0k now :p (if u kno u kno)
...when I sold my '17 GT, it had 15,000 and a few miles.
Never intended to drive it much.
I've had my '21 for 7 months and it has 2200 miles on it...............:like:

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
...when I sold my '17 GT, it had 15,000 and a few miles.
Never intended to drive it much.
wow... crazy.. but as said that i remember i only drove my rental 160 miles entire time mine was in shop... so i dont know wat im talkin bout willis... lol Work from home def leads to a lot less driving..

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
You're sitting in the middle of the dense'est collection of hills and curves and that's all? That should be your monthly figure.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're sitting in the middle of the dense'est collection of hills and curves and that's all? That should be your monthly figure.
...true dat.
However, @ 67, not much fun anymore.
But when I was younger............................................. :clap:

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wow... crazy.. but as said that i remember i only drove my rental 160 miles entire time mine was in shop... so i dont know wat im talkin bout willis... lol Work from home def leads to a lot less driving..
...I got the '17 in April of '17 and sold it in Jan of '20, so................... :like:

Besides, I've had a Harley or several for years that I/we ride.
Not to mention the Sky....................:crazy::rockon:

DSC00284.JPG

IMG_0464.JPG

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
...I got the '17 in April of '17 and sold it in Jan of '20, so................... :like:

Besides, I've had a Harley or several for years that I/we ride.
Not to mention the Sky....................:crazy::rockon:

DSC00284.JPG

IMG_0464.JPG
very nice - ive been getting this back on road... by spring i hope...
IMG_1695.JPG

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
I think you would like MagneRide with your PP1.
Yes, I am sure you would be correct. But I couldn't find one.

I live everything about my car (and miss it already, even though it's been only 3 days since I dropped it off at the body shop).ee

Sponsored

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
the chassis/suspension of the Challenger is appallingly bad. The ONLY trim that works at all is the WideBody with the Bilstein adjustable dampers and also fitted with the big brakes. Basically you have to spend no less than 50K just to get something resembling parity to a PP1-equipped (non-MR) GT at 43K. For all the bitching I've done over Ford's pricing trends, the real whopper is Mopar.
This is what I don't get. A local cop walked into my classroom when we had a lockdown drill. He was supposed to just open the door and say all clear, but he said, "are you the guy that has the black 5.0 in the lot?" When I told him yes, he complimented my car but then he said, "you know what I like more? A Dodge Demon"...

I WANTED to say, "Okay... If we are talking about cars that we don't own... I will raise you a GT500".

A Demon will probably run rings around my GTPP1 (I say probably because I am soooo not convinced that a Challenger body will not just smoke tires and/or make the rear slide instead of putting all of that HP to forward movement).

I have a new coworker who turned out to be a bit of an a$$hole. When he was new, I saw that he had just purchased a new Kia K5 (Not GTLine). I complimented his car (I like anything with wheels) and he started to rave about his car. I thought he was a car guy, so we went to pick up coffee one time and I drove. When I put my AE on track and opened windows, he said, "I am thinking of getting an exhaust upgrade because I want my exhaust to be more throaty" (I am not sure if you can even get "throaty" exhaust on a 4Cyl turbo Kia? (I am saying this as someone who owned a Genesis coupe 2.0T in 2010).

On our way back, I take a short stretch of highway and floor my car on an on-ramp. As we pull into our work, he then says, "You know what I really want? A Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye"

Again, these are 800 HP cars! That's like me riding in his K5 4cyl turbo and saying, "you know what's even cooler? A 7-series, S-class, or an A-8 because... These are cars that Genesis is supposedly competing with their G90, and... Genesis is Hyundai... and... Hyundai also owns Kia... and you have a Kia...

I've had a few students that come up to me and say things like, "Nice car, but my cousin has <insert a Dodge challenger/charger here>"

I don't know how many 6g emembers do this, but when my old landlord saw my 2015 Mustang EB (I got it Dec of 2014, so it really turned heads), he drove back home, and got his '67 Camaro RS convertible to show me. when that happened, my mouth hit the floor and I got excited like a kid at Legoland. I would never say crap like, "You know... That '67 camaro isn't too bad... But you know what I REALLY like??? a '67 Shelby GT500, or a '70's Challenger with a Hemi".

Anyway, my other coworker (not a car guy) says that these folks who rave about Challengers (without owning one) are just jealous. But man... If I hear another "you know what's nicer than your Mustang???"

THis is why I was so excited to rent the Challenger R/T last week. I have never driven a Challenger so I had high expectations (not a Hellcat and/or wide-body, but still), maybe at a level of my old EB S550 with standard suspension/brakes.

I am still confused on how ridiculously unstable the RT was. Of course when people saw the Challenger in the lot, they came up to ask me if it was mine. I told them it's a rental, and that I am not sure about the car because if I put a little more than 1/3 gas really fast, then one of the rear wheels would spin. The most common response was, "THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!!! Power!"... I wanted to tell them that the 5.7L Hemi is 375HP and my 5.0 is 460HP...

I did say that to a custodian (sounds like a Mopar fan), and he said, "yeah, but it's got a lot of torque". I said, "Umm, it's 410lb-ft. My 5.0 is 420..."

I really don't get it. I don't disrespect people who own Challengers. If someone had a Challenger Hellcat/Redeye/Demon and they came up to me and started to talk about their cars, I would not be offended because that's just them getting excited about a car that they own. But NONE of the folks who told me that they like Hellcat/Redeye/Demon actually own a Muscle or a Pony car (no offense, but don't get me started on how some people think K5 is a "pony car". People used to say GenCoupe was a Korean "Pony car", and I refused to say it).

Thank God the challenger reeked of cigarette smoke. I took it back and asked for a different car. They gave me a 2021 S550 EB Premium vert. The S550 had 50k mi on the odometer! (the challenger had 7k). I drove off the lot and noticed that the front wheel bearing was shot. But even WITH that, the car handled soooo much better (predictable). Anyway, I am going to return the mustang and I guess I will have to settle for a budget SUV until my S550 is out of the body shop.

Anyway, this is just another one of my morning rants.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
high frequency Compression isn't MR's weakness. It's rebound. Over the same series of curves and pot holes and so forth, the post-fix MR car didn't wallow in transition or float over crests or shimmy/shake like it did pre-fix. There's more to be had (Camaro MR tuning is superior) but the difference was noticeable and very welcome. If I owned a MR car I would still replace the dampers with the units from the GT350R.

Regardless of suspension choice, fix the chassis and it really helps.
What would you do with the Mustang chassis?

I slightly prefer the FP track handling kit over the GT350 MR system. Less expensive, more consistent feel. I was worried it would be too stiff for daily driving, but I was pleasantly surprised at how well it works.

OP
OP
19gtaz

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT, PP1 and 2021 Mach 1