OP
OP
drummerboy

drummerboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
I don't remember for sure, but I seem to remember reading a honeybadger post that the available adjustable FLCA's available were less than ideal for some reason.

Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
......interesting. Doesn't look like SPL is a vendor on here. Bummer, would if they could answer some questions. I'm struggling how this doesn't completely mess with the geometry?

A camber plate/concentric bolt just tilts the tire at a pivot point. However, this would appear to push the knuckle from the bottom - but that will physically move the entire knuckle either further or closer to the frame. Additionally, since there's a second control arm behind this one, I'd assume the knuckle has to pivot around that (pushing outwards would push the knuckle back and tightening would pull it forward). But maybe I'm not thinking about it right.

Either way, I don't think they're a replacement for camber plates/bolts.They're probably more target for folks with much more custom suspension components.

@Epiphany @JAJ @oldbmwfan - any of you gents have thoughts?

https://www.splparts.com/products/gt350-mustang-front-lower-control-arms.html
1614804601418.png

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
which is on a threaded rod (nee bump-steer kit) so both can be adjusted in tandem, no? Inconvenient to adjust the latter for sure. @BmacIL might have seen this before.
You're thinking of the steering tie rod. The rear control arms are completely solid with no adjustment. At least mine are.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
(Is this what you meant @shogun32 ?).
you're too kind. I was indeed referencing the wrong rod.

With both, you should be fine. But that's a rough price tag.
Yowza is right! $650 for the set of 4 would be FAR more rational because I can't see installing one without the other.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
A camber plate/concentric bolt just tilts the tire at a pivot point. However, this would appear to push the knuckle from the bottom - but that will physically move the entire knuckle either further or closer to the frame. Additionally, since there's a second control arm behind this one, I'd assume the knuckle has to pivot around that (pushing outwards would push the knuckle back and tightening would pull it forward). But maybe I'm not thinking about it right.

@Epiphany @JAJ @oldbmwfan - any of you gents have thoughts?
In theory, I'm a huge fan of this hardware in terms of adjustment. You're right though as if one were to leave the strut top alone and move the knuckle outboard to gain more negative camber, you'd be increasing track width - however minute it may be. It would be really nice if you could simply make all your adjustments at the bottom and not have to deal with the strut top at all.

Hardware-wise, I love FK's rod ends and these arms are using their best. The only thing I wonder about is impact harshness. The factory S550 uses a large diameter rubber bushing at the body end of the tension rod. A rod end used here, even one of the best quality, is likely to transmit some unwanted resonance into the body or chassis. How much? I think you'd have to experience it for yourself. That said, a rod end at that juncture should bode well for consistency in terms of the link's necessary arc of travel at the knuckle end.

I also have no issue with jam nuts but they went all in against them here. If the method they chose works without issue then great.

Sponsored

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Nothing to add on top of that ^^^ excellent response, other than the benefit of the bearing mount on the inboard end of the arm is absolutely no binding throughout the suspension's range of travel, which means no unplanned changes in spring and damper curves. For a street car, that's a negligible benefit and the NVH increase is likely not worth it. Solid suspension mounts are pretty harsh.

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
So did you buy the package of 8? Wanna mail me two of them? :wink: Getting ready to do this soon... The Steeda strut tower cutting tool is already sitting on my workbench.
Wanna rent/sell me the tool when you’re done with it? :)

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
Wanna rent/sell me the tool when you’re done with it? :)
Sure, no problem. It will be a few weeks at least before I plan to cut my strut tower holes. (I'm using the excuse that it's still too cold out, while the real reason is that I just need to get up the courage to do it!) I'll PM you when I'm done with it. I have a track weekend at Putnam coming up in April, so one way or another, I'll have it done by then.

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Sure, no problem. It will be a few weeks at least before I plan to cut my strut tower holes. (I'm using the excuse that it's still too cold out, while the real reason is that I just need to get up the courage to do it!) I'll PM you when I'm done with it. I have a track weekend at Putnam coming up in April, so one way or another, I'll have it done by then.
Sweet, thanks! No rush.

If It’s April 10-11 at putnam then I’ll plan to see you there!

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
Sweet, thanks! No rush.

If It’s April 10-11 at putnam then I’ll plan to see you there!
No, it's the 23-25 with the Porsche club. I have a conflict with the 10/10ths event.
Sponsored