Sponsored

If you live in a state that requires front license plate, do you rock one?

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium, 22 Lexus 450h Luxury
My state doesn’t require one and I don’t particularly want to put a bracket on but one way or another my plate will be on the front of mine once it arrives. I’m proud of it. I earned it.
55CF7480-3FCE-46FD-A663-92CC77008128.jpeg
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
My state doesn’t require one and I don’t particularly want to put a bracket on but one way or another my plate will be on the front of mine once it arrives. I’m proud of it. I earned it.
55CF7480-3FCE-46FD-A663-92CC77008128.jpeg
Thank you for your service!

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
My car was bought used and already had the front bracket installed. If I was the only one driving it, I might take it off, but my family doesn’t need the added risk because I want to break the law. Honestly, at this point I am just too lazy to deal with a sto and show, and some other types end up looking dumber than the factory bracket.

Deleted member 35644

I got lucky with my first three Mustangs in that the dealerships did not drill license plate holes in the front bumpers, so I never installed a plate on them. Even my 2017 V6 which I bought in 2021 never got drilled in Colorado. The Mustang I have now had a plate holder, which I quickly removed and plugged with painted plugs. Dallas is very relaxed on the license plate law, something I learned when I lived near downtown and every Mercedes you saw had a Park place Mercedes tag on the front, which Dallas (and Highland Park) Police turn a blind eye to. But they will write you up for it if they pull you over for something else, which did happen to me in 2004.

Sponsored

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
It's a $150 fine in NH on the spot if they choose to pull you over for it.

The state and local policemen here are both pretty aggressive when it comes to pulling people over, so I will probably begrudgingly mount the Sto-n-sho once my temp tags expire.

We had a bill to get rid of it recently in our state senate, but our lovely police lobbied against it claiming it helped aid in car theft recoveries, so it didn't pass. Even though I know many people here who regularly not only leave their cars unlocked, but leave the keys inside and they don't get stolen.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
nope.

bryyce62

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G dub
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
No. Been cited several times over the years, in shit cars even. Still No.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
I'm glad I found out about STO N SHO when I bought my car cos I thought I would just have to drill the front bumper and that would have sucked!

Though tbh I notice most "cool" cars out there aren't even rocking a front plate. Some people do the "plate in the windshield" deal, that looks tacky to me cos it's usually what shitty ricers do

I notice some people just submit and drill their bumpers. but lot of people I've seen in chargers, challengers, camaros, even Lincolns will just not have a front plate and only use the rear plate. I figure hey if the front of your car looks cool enough, the cops will understand you not putting a plate! My friend has an S class benz and he doesn't use a front plate on his car either and he's never been pulled over.

Also I reckon' it would be pretty tough for a cop to pull you over for it cos he'd have to be opposite of you to see you not have the plate, and by the time you drive by and he sees it's not a temp sticker and you have a rear plate, he'd have to turn all the way around and then chase you down...

I got the sto n sho and I think it looks alright, though I regret having to drill the plastic under my car to put it on, cos my car is brand new and i want to keep it that way!! wish I had just said F it and been front plateless!

Of course I do.. I would never ever ever disobey the laws of my state :-).....

Bahahaaaaa

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Cobra Jet is spot on for us NJ....recently pulled over.... asked what for and officer said no front plate ( in traffic being orderly) it was my reason for getting stopped, officer was phishing for something and my car fit the bill. Good thing he didnt check my trunk ;)
Hey Dion did he let you go or give you a ticket?
I’ve been driving without my front plate for several weeks now and feel like a criminal 🤣 my Craig’s bracket failed a month ago. The adhesive pulled away from the bracket. I have the replacement bracket but have not put it back on yet. I Have the plate and failed bracket hanging out in passenger compartment in case I get pulled over. Every time I pass a cop I think he’s going to pull me over😂 definitely driving more cautiously 😁
73ADDA74-A69A-4F84-BF24-CA30B2E8A756.jpeg

Sponsored

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
No front plate for 6 years now and its required in my state. My wife’s Tesla and my GTI don’t have plates either. Never any problems with the Police.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
This reminds me of something that happened to me a number of years ago. I picked up some fast food for lunch in my 1970 Mustang convertible. I was sitting in the parking lot of the local golf course near my work having lunch.

I don't run a front plate on the '70 because it isn't required any more once a car is a certain age by Minnesota law.

A cop drove up to me and warned me for no front plate. I told him that with my car's age I don't need it. He didn't believe me. Of course I was very polite and respectful... but he was one of those guys that thinks they know everything because they have a badge.

I didn't get a ticket or even a formal warning, but after that I started carrying a copy of the law printed out and highlighted in my glove box just in case.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
43 years old and never had one permanently mounted.
Only time they give you a ticket is when you park in Chicago. Every freakin time!
IMO it ruins the look of a nice car.
I’m glad you’ve never gotten one. I lived in Chicago for 40 years and was a LEO for one. I’ve never heard of giving a ticket when a person wasn’t present unless it was a parking ticket. I’ve never seen a ticket given for a plate when you’re not there.

Prymetime1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS,
Hey Dion did he let you go or give you a ticket?
I’ve been driving without my front plate for several weeks now and feel like a criminal 🤣 my Craig’s bracket failed a month ago. The adhesive pulled away from the bracket. I have the replacement bracket but have not put it back on yet. I Have the plate and failed bracket hanging out in passenger compartment in case I get pulled over. Every time I pass a cop I think he’s going to pull me over😂 definitely driving more cautiously 😁
73ADDA74-A69A-4F84-BF24-CA30B2E8A756.jpeg
No ticket...it was roxbury so its typical of them....u know, for all that extra ticket revenue they need. Hahaha she looks much better with no plate....you outlaw you!

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Yes, and yes. And the front plate is mounted with the OEM bracket. The horror!

I've had some sort of issue with each and every non-OEM plate mount that I've ever used, so OEM it was for my S550. Far more important things to worry about than a plate mount.
Sponsored