Sponsored

If you guys wanna see how the GT350 performs at the track...

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Here is some video I took last weekend at Road Atlanta in the mix with some fast cars. Hopefully, I can find the video form the trailing car (GT3RS) showing the Cup car and Ferrari getting very itchy to pass the Mustang. Man, this car needs more tire.

In fact, I called a local dealer and told him to do what he needs to do in order for an R to appear on my car as a 2017!

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]SbO2Jn1gE-c[/MEDIA]"]
Sponsored

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
One of my favorite tracks! Awesome stuff, look forward to getting out there.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Nice! And yesssss MORE tire is the key! :thumbsup:

Sprintamx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Great video. Thanks for posting.

Road Atlanta is on the list of "must visit!"

Sponsored

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Here is some video I took last weekend at Road Atlanta in the mix with some fast cars. Hopefully, I can find the video form the trailing car (GT3RS) showing the Cup car and Ferrari getting very itchy to pass the Mustang. Man, this car needs more tire.

In fact, I called a local dealer and told him to do what he needs to do in order for an R to appear on my car as a 2017!

Very nice. Of all of the 911 variants you own, how would you say the GT350 ranks compared to those on the track. Very nice lines BTW.

scoarm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000,2016 GT350 Tech (gone), 2017 GT350
Nice video. I've run Road Atlanta on a motorcycle and it was a lot of fun.

Is yours a base, track pack or tech? Any limp mode issues?

OP
OP
mmm635

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Very nice. Of all of the 911 variants you own, how would you say the GT350 ranks compared to those on the track. Very nice lines BTW.
Thanks! In some respects it is very Porsche like - but you can still tell there is much mass, similar in nature to a Panamera Turbo. The brakes are one aspect that make you feel confident on the track. It pulls like a freight train in the higher range like a GT3, whereas other cars lose steam. You can tell in the video on the back stretch how the Mustang just pulls on cars as it hits high revs. The sound, shifter, clutch, brakes, suspension, all work well together and you can tell it was engineered well. They should have just made the GT350R as the only choice in my opinion. Now I have to fork out more money to get one.

So, if any of you guys have a lead on a GT350R with out stupid ADM, then let me know. I expect ADM, but not "stupid" ADM. Thanks!!

Nice video. I've run Road Atlanta on a motorcycle and it was a lot of fun.

Is yours a base, track pack or tech? Any limp mode issues?
Thanks! Track Pack.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Awesome video, I bet if you removed the passenger seat and rear seat you would drop some weight. I agree that these cars need wider tires, at least they werent 285 like whats on the gt500. Not sure whats on the boss, but i bet its under tire'd too.

For reference the tires on the Viper ACR are 295 front and 355 rear. The rears have 13" wide rims!

mmm635, did you swap brake fluid?

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
Thanks! In some respects it is very Porsche like - but you can still tell there is much mass, similar in nature to a Panamera Turbo. The brakes are one aspect that make you feel confident on the track. It pulls like a freight train in the higher range like a GT3, whereas other cars lose steam. You can tell in the video on the back stretch how the Mustang just pulls on cars as it hits high revs. The sound, shifter, clutch, brakes, suspension, all work well together and you can tell it was engineered well. They should have just made the GT350R as the only choice in my opinion. Now I have to fork out more money to get one.

So, if any of you guys have a lead on a GT350R with out stupid ADM, then let me know. I expect ADM, but not "stupid" ADM. Thanks!!

Thanks! Track Pack.

Eh .. keep what ya got! CF trunk lid, rear seat delete, yank the floor mats, forgelines with 315s up front and 325s in the rear and i'll bet you're right there with the R.

Throw a tune on it and you'll probably be faster than an R.

Sponsored
OP
OP
mmm635

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Awesome video, I bet if you removed the passenger seat and rear seat you would drop some weight. I agree that these cars need wider tires, at least they werent 285 like whats on the gt500. Not sure whats on the boss, but i bet its under tire'd too.

For reference the tires on the Viper ACR are 295 front and 355 rear. The rears have 13" wide rims!

mmm635, did you swap brake fluid?
Thanks! At least if I could get the cup tires that GT350R has I would be happy.

No. I ran everything on the car as it came from the factory. I will change out the fluid with Castrol CHF, which is what I use in all of my track cars.

Eh .. keep what ya got! CF trunk lid, rear seat delete, yank the floor mats, forgelines with 315s up front and 325s in the rear and i'll bet you're right there with the R.

Throw a tune on it and you'll probably be faster than an R.
True that. I might as well leave the car as a true Shelby from the factory and switch it out with an R - it will hold it's value at least for now.

Thanks for posting. Excellent driving too.
Thanks!

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
Top speed

What was your top speed during this run.

OP
OP
mmm635

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R