Sponsored

If you could have any - one - car, what would it be and why did you choose it?

sotek2345

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2016 F-150
Everyone seems to be picking very high end sports cars - most of them 2 seaters without much storage. Remember - you only get one car! Most of these would seem very hard to live with as a daily driver!

I need a truck (or van / large SUV) to support the robotics team I coach (lots of gear to haul). Since I only get 1 vehicle to choose from I would pick a Gen 2 Raptor - fully loaded. I would have gone for the TRX, but the gas mileage would be killer on family road trips.

Would sure miss the mustang though.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
most of them 2 seaters without much storage. Remember - you only get one car
I DD a series of motorcycles for over 10 years... And with little storage means more trips which if you're driving your favorite car, is just an excuse to drive it more. Plus the question was 'car'. It didn't stipulate that you were only allowed one 4-wheeled vehicle and therefore you can also own a useful hauler like a truck.

The key to taking a test is to not read into the question what isn't there. :)

VisceralSyn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Why the GT350-R is my answer, It's actually in the realm of affordable. Otherwise a Ferrari F50, and I would daily an F50. But, the GT350-R can be driven to the road course, tear up the road course, and then driven back to her room ( the garage ).

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Everyone seems to be picking very high end sports cars - most of them 2 seaters without much storage. Remember - you only get one car! Most of these would seem very hard to live with as a daily driver!

I need a truck (or van / large SUV) to support the robotics team I coach (lots of gear to haul). Since I only get 1 vehicle to choose from I would pick a Gen 2 Raptor - fully loaded. I would have gone for the TRX, but the gas mileage would be killer on family road trips.

Would sure miss the mustang though.
I did try to make "practical" choices. I don't need a lot of space and an R8 is a very good daily driver. So is a Porsche and the fake rear seat hauls quite a lot of stuff; especially with the top down. Plus, I only drive about 2000 miles a year. My wife still has an SUV, which really doesn't hold much. So, I have most things of any size delivered.

I had a good friend who coached a robotics team. I tagged along on several occasions to help with Arduino issues. It was fascinating stuff and these kids were really talented. Some would have made good mainframe programmers. Keep up the good work.

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I love old Caddies from the 40s and early 50s. I had a restomod 47 Caddy sedan a few years ago for car meets and crusing. It barely fit in my garage. People don't realize how large some of these cars were compared to todays cars. Today, if you want room for more than 4 people, you need to buy an SUV or Minvan with 3 rows of seats. In the old days, carrying 6 people was no sweat and you could carry 7 if you squeezed 4 into the back seat.

import111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
BMW M2 Comp. If I can only have 1, it can be daily driven, track toy, transport 4 people in comfort. Do it all car.

S7N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
Mercedes-AMG GT R Roadster

2020-mercedes-amg-gt-r-roadster-212-1594044477.jpg

Beautiful car I could see myself daily driving. I know there are thousands of cars out there to chose from but this one just sings to me for some reason.

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Rolls Royce Wraith. It would be the most epic grand tourer - insanely comfortable, tons of torque, plenty of storage, and if I could afford one I probably won't be living in a winter climate so I won't have to worry about AWD. While I've never been in a Wraith, I have been in a Ghost and they're noise cancelling headphones level of silent inside - maybe even more so, which is good for a noise-phobe like me.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Porsche 911 Turbo S.

I've always wanted one, always will, and will never be able to afford to order a new one. Ridiculously ample performance with plenty of luxury, and usable as a driver in any weather. Make mine silver with a red interior.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
Honestly...... I'm already driving it. I'm not into the other exotic sports cars. Not really into the old era muscle cars. This car is .........its me

10.jpg

2020 Ford Shelby GT500_1.jpg

2020 Ford Shelby GT500_3.jpg

2020 Ford Shelby GT500_4.jpg
Sponsored