OP
OP
Nctong01

Nctong01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang D1X GT, 2018 GT350, '17 Turbo Silverado, '99 Turbo Integra
Read through build...... Should be a good one. I went with Winburg Billet Crank, Billet rods and a Bear Block. Seems like your on the right track for the most part.

You will def be faster on a radial than biased on a prepped track. JPC did my TH400 kit.... so I recommend them.

ID2600's are a good choice also.
Thanks man. The goals have definitely progressed as I've gotten into it. I'll eventually be going the more aggressive route on the bottom end, but I'm gonna need a bit of a financial reprieve initially :cwl: I will say I am shocked the DSS driveshaft has held up if it's their off the shelf parameters. I think they're rated to what, 1400?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nctong01

Nctong01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VCT stuff came in from MMR. Another package from them tomorrow, we'll see. Called G-force...8-10 week lead on the 9 inch. I got impatient, so pulled some funds for the totality of the build and am gonna get all parts ordered.

Went ahead and bought the JPC Stage 4 th400 w/ SFI case, 252 diode converter, cf driveshaft.... Frankenstein manifold and G Force 9 inch w/outlaws.

Still deciding the ECU route. Haltech has discontinued the plug and play s550 package so I'd have to wire it up...so really comes down to that or AEM.

Got the K member down to the last bolts, just cold as shit here right now. Looks like Sunday/Monday will be warmer so gonna put that aside to get some more work finished.

OP
OP
Nctong01

Nctong01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got around to putting the k-member in Friday despite the cold, the steering rack removal was a chore...biggest impact wouldn't move it. I feel quite hood rich right now lmao...the guy I had coming to install electric before the winter never showed up for some reason, so I've got the foundation laid for a lift, lighting ready to go and a mini-split, but just need wiring. So my photography studio lighting , propane heater and industrial extension is doing it for now.

Put the bumper support on to look at the radiator setup. I honestly don't think I'm going horizontal; it could be done plain well, it's just more than I want to get into at this point because I DO want the option of having the car drive under it's own power rather than just down the strip. Instead I think I'm going to modify the factor rad brackets and potentially the k member to lean it forward as far as I can...wanting to really get the compressor housing outlet as close to in line with the Intake manifold as possible, and the manifolds as equal length as we can.

Can't lie, I don't think I've been so excited about an invoice (Frankenstein manifold) :cwl: 3 week lead time, I'll have to post some pictures once it's in.

Next step is really off to the machine shop once internal parts are in.

8C1D5EE2-F3E5-41AE-A33D-252C22D87A7D.jpeg

AABF5C8B-7F79-40FD-95A0-11A1DA91D30F.jpeg

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Do any of these intakes increase HP/TQ on Non- FI mustangs? Or are they mostly for the looks. Thanks

OP
OP
Nctong01

Nctong01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do any of these intakes increase HP/TQ on Non- FI mustangs? Or are they mostly for the looks. Thanks
This is an air to water manifold for FI. They offer a billet non-intercooled manifold but to be completely honest with you I would go another route if I was N/A.

If you're asking if an IM in general increases power NA, yes. The stock manifold is pretty solid so It's going to be somewhat dependent on your setup, and maybe not necessarily making crazy increases in peak maximal HP/Torque but targeting areas in the curve for a particular situation.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Nctong01

Nctong01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting high end build. Following this for sure!
Thanks man, right back at you! I hope your lead times are better than mine right now with service/parts 😂

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
Thanks man, right back at you! I hope your lead times are better than mine right now with service/parts 😂
So far, on track to meet my deadline with is April. Waiting for the engine to come back and put it all back together.

Do you have a completion date in mind?

OP
OP
Nctong01

Nctong01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So far, on track to meet my deadline with is April. Waiting for the engine to come back and put it all back together.

Do you have a completion date in mind?
Man I'd say that's moving pretty quick in this environment, good stuff.

Ya, I'd like to have it together by the end of June, however in all honesty I do feel that's kind of optimistic with the volatility in lead times, the fab work that'll eventually be needed and relying on someone elses schedule for that/machine, and just small things you run into. So I'm just gonna kinda take it as it goes.

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
Man I'd say that's moving pretty quick in this environment, good stuff.

Ya, I'd like to have it together by the end of June, however in all honesty I do feel that's kind of optimistic with the volatility in lead times, the fab work that'll eventually be needed and relying on someone elses schedule for that/machine, and just small things you run into. So I'm just gonna kinda take it as it goes.
Oh yea, that'll be the time consuming part. Its so hard for me to have anyone do anything on my car because im impatient and hard to deal with. Which is how i've learned anyway haha.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nctong01

Nctong01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have gotten less finished the last few days than I wanted to. Stripped the car down pretty quick but have been tied up with work, making decisions on the build and waiting parts the last week. Yesterday I got around to finishing the K member, installing the line lock, and front brakes. For anyone that is interested in the JPC line lock kit...super well made kit, but I WOULD strongly advise using nutserts instead of the included self tapping screws...it made a hell of a difference.

@AndrewMac drove down today and picked up the procharger setup. Good guy and reliable buyer if he reaches out to anyone for parts. I was going to use that money to get an open trailer, however at this point I'm contemplating taking the build a step further and doing a decent amount of weight reduction now...carbon trunk, doors, etc. NOT just for ET, but less weight/load on the driveline itself.

I did make the decision to have very little street time dedicated to the car...maybe once in a blue moon to scare a girlfriend :cwl: but at this point I'll be stripping it down pretty extensively and will go horizontal radiator after much badgering from the fabricator lol. Sent the SVE radiator back and will be going with a Chase Bays custom setup.

PNR tank comes in today, so going to get some work done on the rear today/tomorrow...working on the chute mount, trimming the bumper, and mocking/mounting the PNR.

ECA3E2E3-4BA9-47ED-BB0E-8E242DD25424 (1).jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nctong01

Nctong01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, this project started as kind of a "budget" 1300whp build, and has gone off the deep end. Ordered some small pieces over the last few days...mirror block off plates, Watson center stay delete, firewall pass through, billet IRS subframe brace and alignment bushing, viton valve seals, carbon fiber trunk, fiberglass transmission tunnel. Even looking at things like a lockout converter, etc. and am 99% sure I'm going to run an E-gate. I'm OK with this taking a bit longer than originally planned...I want the car to be recognized when it rolls out. I've never gone this far with a project and the more I get into it, the more obsessed I start to get and the more satisfaction I get by pushing my limits on what my mechanical skills have previously allowed.

Interior is fully stripped now minus main dash and carpet. Got to work on the bumper yesterday and while taking the bracing off to drill for the chute, decided to remove the lower valance/diffuser with a Dremel. Couple reasons, which although minimal, potentially count for something:

1. Rear end lift at the top end. If the car's light enough and makes enough power, I don't want to spin on the back half. The rear lower valance with how it attaches is more of a wind catcher than anything.

2. Weight, although it's probably 10lbs, it's something from the rear where I'll be adding a good amount of weight. Between the nitrous, full ice tank and air lift setup, probably looking at 100-120lbs. Hopefully the 9 inch is lighter and the trunk will take 35lbs off, plus some billet pieces in the rear.

3. Can't lie, a good portion was looks. I think it'll be cool seeing more of the tire and potentially rear end. Haven't seen many s550's setup like this.

If anyone has experience with a CF MMR trunk or Dzus fasteners, shoot me a line. I'll get it done but could use some tips as I've never installed Dzus'.

Lastly, props to PNR. Tank came super, super quick and looks perfect. I'm super impressed given the cost and timeframe where most parts are taking months.

Last edited:

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
Well, this project started as kind of a "budget" 1300whp build, and has gone off the deep end. Ordered some small pieces over the last few days...mirror block off plates, Watson center stay delete, firewall pass through, billet IRS subframe brace and alignment bushing, viton valve seals, carbon fiber trunk, fiberglass transmission tunnel. Even looking at things like a lockout converter, etc. and am 99% sure I'm going to run an E-gate. I'm OK with this taking a bit longer than originally planned...I want the car to be recognized when it rolls out. I've never gone this far with a project and the more I get into it, the more obsessed I start to get and the more satisfaction I get by pushing my limits on what my mechanical skills have previously allowed.

Interior is fully stripped now minus main dash and carpet. Got to work on the bumper yesterday and while taking the bracing off to drill for the chute, decided to remove the lower valance/diffuser with a Dremel. Couple reasons, which although minimal, potentially count for something:

1. Rear end lift at the top end. If the car's light enough and makes enough power, I don't want to spin on the back half. The rear lower valance with how it attaches is more of a wind catcher than anything.

2. Weight, although it's probably 10lbs, it's something from the rear where I'll be adding a good amount of weight. Between the nitrous, full ice tank and air lift setup, probably looking at 100-120lbs. Hopefully the 9 inch is lighter and the trunk will take 35lbs off, plus some billet pieces in the rear.

3. Can't lie, a good portion was looks. I think it'll be cool seeing more of the tire and potentially rear end. Haven't seen many s550's setup like this.

If anyone has experience with a CF MMR trunk or Dzus fasteners, shoot me a line. I'll get it done but could use some tips as I've never installed Dzus'.

Lastly, props to PNR. Tank came super, super quick and looks perfect. I'm super impressed given the cost and timeframe where most parts are taking months.

BRO! how you about to leave us hanging and not post a picture of the modified bumper! I've been debating doing this also. You're correct, its a parachute.

OP
OP
Nctong01

Nctong01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRO! how you about to leave us hanging and not post a picture of the modified bumper! I've been debating doing this also. You're correct, its a parachute.
Aha! I had some cracking of the paint in one spot, I actually just got finished putting a coat of paint on it. I'm a tad on the OCD side :p

I've got an appointment here in a bit but Im hoping tonight to have the parachute drilled for and the bumper back on. I'll post up when I'm finished for you my man!
Sponsored