Sponsored

Nctong01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang D1X GT, 2018 GT350, '17 Turbo Silverado, '99 Turbo Integra
This will be an ongoing build thread. In 2017 I bought my S550 new. The intention was never to go to extremes with the car, just to build it into a nice weekend car that had some balls. Now with some recent health issues that have left me unable to pursue my previous main hobby, and having owned "quick" cars and some exotics, I've never had something that genuinely scared me.... so, now's the time. Previously the car was Procharged on e85 and made about 700wheel on the largest pulley.

I also want to utilize this build to expand my skillset with this stuff. I'm by far and away not a newb, but there's plenty I know I'll learn during this process. Luckily, I'll have my buddy Chris Walton of Rockford Speed helping me out when needed.

The generalized plan of attack is a stock head minus valve springs+retainers (potentially valves), triple pump fuel system with a BAP due to the fact I already have most the setup, TH400, 9 inch rear end, built bottom end (3.7 bore pistons/rod/crank/sleeves), air to water intercooler setup, bigger single turbo and a little bit of nitrous off the hit to get things spooled. Haltech elite 2500 will handle engine management.

I do have an odd way in which I'd like to challenge myself however...I was to run that 7 on the air suspension that was previously installed. I forsee this as being the biggest aspect to wrap my head around in order to get the car to launch...there's not a ton out there to work with.

I've already started ordering parts and begun tearing the car down. So far on order/already in:

Current ordered updated parts list on page 3

MMR Valve springs+retainers
Steeda Front Bumper Bar
BMR K member
ATI Super Damper
All ARP engine hardware
BOSS Crankshaft
Dry Sleeves
MMR Drag wing (my previous spoiler was damaged, so I just went for it lol)
Set of OEM timing chains
Billet rear main cover
Oil squirter block offs
Oil pump with billet gears
Manley I beam Rods
Manley forged pistons with top coating
Total seal steel rings
Clevite bearings
Head cooling mod (not sure about this...a lot of failures I see are cylinder 8 though so I didn't think it'd hurt anything)
JPC line lock
AED Billet knuckles
Baer rear drag brakes for AED knuckles
Bogart 11.5" beadlocks
Cometic head gaskets
BL fab radiator overflow/catch can
SVE radiator
Motion Raceworks steering column kit
Motion Raceworks parachute setup
Nitrous system (will probably run just a 50 jet)
Fuel pumps

And I could be missing a few things but I think that's it for now. Main components I still need are the th400 setup, 9" and turbo setup however that will come last once everything else is in position. Looking forward to having you all along here!

tempImagesUlW4q.png

tempImageVohn6V.png

tempImageBergBK.png

tempImageS45x93.png
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nctong01

Nctong01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also..hence the picture of my current welds...I'll have a lot of stuff for sale during this build so if anyone wants to shoot me a line:

17*10 Welds with 305 MT ET street R's....80% life
6r80 DSS CF driveshaft
1400hp DSS axles
perfect stock 6r80
Procharger d1x setup with bigger intercooler and BOV
1050x injectors
AWE track catback exhaust
Stainless power non-catted 1 3/4 headers
AM performance pack style 20x10 gloss black wheels w/ 285 and 295 continental extreme contact tires

Last edited:

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
If anyone has thought about running the AED knuckles...I know they're expensive but they are damn sure beautiful. They weighed out to about -10lbs lighter than stock each.

tempImagegY14TV.png
def nice pieces :)

OP
OP
Nctong01

Nctong01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
def nice pieces :)
100%. Don't know many other types of people that would get so excited over a piece of machine billet :rockon: I'll be shooting you a line in regards to parts for a lot of this build, always appreciate the help.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Nctong01

Nctong01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Went ahead and finalized the order with Bogart Wheels today. I'll be going with this style (eliminator) in a 15x11.5 beadlock with additional bolts on the hub face...gloss black beadlock ring and barrel and satin black center. Same setup for the 17x4.5 minus the beadlock in the front. They aren't cheap but if you want something absolutely specific, they took all the time on the phone we needed to get everything squared away.

15x10_Polished_Eliminator_Beadlock-scaled.jpg

turbofiveoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Nice build. Do you have a tuner selected for the Haltech or will you be tuning it yourself? I'm sure you already know this but the Elite 2500 is now able to run on the NSP software.

OP
OP
Nctong01

Nctong01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not only will your Hot Rod be fast , but it will look good going fast and sitting still. Those are some gorgeous wheels.
Thanks man, Bogart has been great so far to deal with and I like that I'm going through a "smaller" company.

I have a whole new look for the car envisioned. I'm tempted to call them back and have them machine out the scallops in the beadlocks instead of it being ALL gloss black, but I'll sit on it a few days.

OP
OP
Nctong01

Nctong01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice build. Do you have a tuner selected for the Haltech or will you be tuning it yourself? I'm sure you already know this but the Elite 2500 is now able to run on the NSP software.
Aha, not tuning myself. That's one area I don't want to risk newer knowledge on given the financial risk. My buddy Chris is going to do it...he's the one that pushed me towards Haltech. I had utilized one of their systems about 12-13 years ago in a turbo miata and wasn't super fond of it, but he said they've come a crazy long way, and doing some of my own research it seems like that's the case. I think he will probably tune it through NSP as that's one of the perks he mentioned he liked...the interface itself over something like AEM.

That said, initially putting a parts list together, I found a plug and play system on both Haltech and JPC's website, and now they're both gone. Not sure if it's been discontinued...really didn't want to have to hardwire the car.

Sponsored

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
Its insane that 7’s is the new norm now

turbofiveoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Aha, not tuning myself. That's one area I don't want to risk newer knowledge on given the financial risk. My buddy Chris is going to do it...he's the one that pushed me towards Haltech. I had utilized one of their systems about 12-13 years ago in a turbo miata and wasn't super fond of it, but he said they've come a crazy long way, and doing some of my own research it seems like that's the case. I think he will probably tune it through NSP as that's one of the perks he mentioned he liked...the interface itself over something like AEM.

That said, initially putting a parts list together, I found a plug and play system on both Haltech and JPC's website, and now they're both gone. Not sure if it's been discontinued...really didn't want to have to hardwire the car.
Haltech stopped offering the Coyote terminated harness a while ago due to a lack of demand. If you ask around you might be able to find a dealer that has one sitting on a shelf collecting dust.

Does your buddy have experience tuning Ford Ti-VCT engines with the Haltech Elite? Reason I ask is that I am currently building a 5.2L Predator that will have a pair of Xona 9568s hanging off it and already have a Haltech 2500 sitting in the garage that I decided to use since it supports DBW and VCT. I can't justify the cost of using a motorsport grade ECU (Motec, Syvecs, etc.) on a street/club level car when great hobby level options like Haltech, Link, MaxxECU, etc. are out there at sub $4500 price points all in. I reached out to a few of the more notable coyote tuners and asked about Haltech support and nobody wanted to mess with it. All the specialized shops I've talked to support the Motec M150.

OP
OP
Nctong01

Nctong01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its insane that 7’s is the new norm now
Aha I don't know if it's a norm YET. If I wasn't super type A and was willing to spend a stupid amount of money to hit it I'd be just fine with 8's. I admit I'm a little dumb for being set on that goal :cwl:

OP
OP
Nctong01

Nctong01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haltech stopped offering the Coyote terminated harness a while ago due to a lack of demand. If you ask around you might be able to find a dealer that has one sitting on a shelf collecting dust.

Does your buddy have experience tuning Ford Ti-VCT engines with the Haltech Elite? Reason I ask is that I am currently building a 5.2L Predator that will have a pair of Xona 9568s hanging off it and already have a Haltech 2500 sitting in the garage that I decided to use since it supports DBW and VCT. I can't justify the cost of using a motorsport grade ECU (Motec, Syvecs, etc.) on a street/club level car when great hobby level options like Haltech, Link, MaxxECU, etc. are out there at sub $4500 price points all in. I reached out to a few of the more notable coyote tuners and asked about Haltech support and nobody wanted to mess with it. All the specialized shops I've talked to support the Motec M150.
I'm sure he has--he tunes mostly with Haltech. Mainly higher end exotics but also Camaros, Mustangs, etc. I can reach out to him and pass along his info if you'd like. Super smart guy and awesome fabricator.

turbofiveoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'm sure he has--he tunes mostly with Haltech. Mainly higher end exotics but also Camaros, Mustangs, etc. I can reach out to him and pass along his info if you'd like. Super smart guy and awesome fabricator.
I would appreciate that, would like to talk to him. Thank you.
Sponsored