OP
OP
Nctong01

Nctong01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang D1X GT, 2018 GT350, '17 Turbo Silverado, '99 Turbo Integra
I would appreciate that, would like to talk to him. Thank you.
Sure thing. He's probably still hungover from NYE right now but I'm let him know when I get ahold of him and shoot you his info. Where are you located?
Sponsored

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
I wouldn't say it's the "norm"
Well maybe 8’s. All my friends twin turbo gen 3’s run high 8’s like its nothing with barely any work. Turbo kit, clutches, fuel system, converter, et streets….its crazy. Drive to and from the track

Sponsored

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Would be interesting to see the cost of your final setup!

OP
OP
Nctong01

Nctong01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Happy New Years all. Glad I'm old and not hung over today ahah.

Shitty weather out here today so wasn't motivated to get too crazy with work. Decided I was gonna go ahead and pull the diff and axles. Well...a little worked turned into a little more. After popping out the passenger axle like butter, I did everything short of using an air chisel on the drivers side without it budging. So, you do what you gotta do. That said, I do not recommend shimmying a diff with an axle attached out of the subframe of a car on jackstands :cwl:

The initial priorities are to get the engine out, machine work done, put back together and in, and getting the rear of the car buttoned up including the 9 inch, baer brakes, rear knuckles alongside mounting the nitrous bottle and air to water ice tank in the trunk.

From there we'll do the th400 install, into fabing the turbo kit, running all lines and the EMS. After that I'll be more than likely re-wrapping the car myself a different color. Interior will be last...more than likely going to do a Fathouse fab cage as they aren't too far from me so I can swing by and pick it up.

That said, as many of you know, lead times right now can vary substantially, so I'll be doing things here and there on other parts of the car when I have extra time that can't go into those initial areas.

F76E87EE-EF74-4C14-9AA9-CB44E5146910.jpeg

OP
OP
Nctong01

Nctong01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Would be interesting to see the cost of your final setup!
When I started this I put together an initial budget....let's just say I decided I'm not looking at numbers. I'll spend the money I have as I go along while keeping my total stashed away saved, however long it takes me to get the car exactly where I want without cutting corners.

My guess, including an open trailer I'll be buying alongside it, is probably around $100k.

OP
OP
Nctong01

Nctong01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well maybe 8’s. All my friends twin turbo gen 3’s run high 8’s like its nothing with barely any work. Turbo kit, clutches, fuel system, converter, et streets….its crazy. Drive to and from the track
Ya, 8's arent crazy difficult. Now I would say reliable 8's will cost a tad bit of money. I think there's a big jump price wise going from high 8's to 7's...whole drivetrain, making sure you have the ability to get the car to hook, safety gear, etc.

I'm also future proofing this to a degree to handle 2000whp when the shortblock eventually goes. It'll be getting a billet block after that.

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
When I started this I put together an initial budget....let's just say I decided I'm not looking at numbers. I'll spend the money I have as I go along while keeping my total stashed away saved, however long it takes me to get the car exactly where I want without cutting corners.

My guess, including an open trailer I'll be buying alongside it, is probably around $100k.
Jesus, you definitely aren't going for the cheapest car in the 7's that's for sure.

But good on you for having the money to build this car and doing it the way you want. Hopefully, it will be right the first time and last you a while.

I have a feeling as soon as the car runs a 7 you will be looking towards the 6's. Looking forward to seeing the 1st pass on this monster!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nctong01

Nctong01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jesus, you definitely aren't going for the cheapest car in the 7's that's for sure.

But good on you for having the money to build this car and doing it the way you want. Hopefully, it will be right the first time and last you a while.

I have a feeling as soon as the car runs a 7 you will be looking towards the 6's. Looking forward to seeing the 1st pass on this monster!

Ahahah you ain't wrong about that. I make decent money and truth be told when I had my health issues I was in the hospital for over a month, with the chance of death a reality. So, it put in perspective the fact that I won't be taking the money with me, especially given I'm dealing with a chronic condition. Things might be just fine for me, but It allowed me to see I needed to take more time prioritizing things I enjoyed rather than stacking money.

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Ahahah you ain't wrong about that. I make decent money and truth be told when I had my health issues I was in the hospital for over a month, with the chance of death a reality. So, it put in perspective the fact that I won't be taking the money with me, especially given I'm dealing with a chronic condition. Things might be just fine for me, but It allowed me to see I needed to take more time prioritizing things I enjoyed rather than stacking money.
I totally understand that philosophy. My girlfriend has a chronic disease and thankfully it isn't impacting her life very much and at the current rate, she will probably live a full life. But I totally understand the position of feeling like your life can be taken away and having no control.

I'll be looking forward to the day you run a 7!

OP
OP
Nctong01

Nctong01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I totally understand that philosophy. My girlfriend has a chronic disease and thankfully it isn't impacting her life very much and at the current rate, she will probably live a full life. But I totally understand the position of feeling like your life can be taken away and having no control.

I'll be looking forward to the day you run a 7!
Man I'm glad hers is controlled. I'm still fairly young (34) and it gave me a lot of empathy for those dealing with a chronic condition when I was diagnosed. I can go from functional one day to completely off the next. It must feel like a blessing having it under control for her.

I appreciate the faith bro, got a long road ahead!

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Man I'm glad hers is controlled. I'm still fairly young (34) and it gave me a lot of empathy for those dealing with a chronic condition when I was diagnosed. I can go from functional one day to completely off the next. It must feel like a blessing having it under control for her.

I appreciate the faith bro, got a long road ahead!
I think she was diagnosed when she was 14. She has a nerve condition called crps. It causes her nerves to be very painful at times. It has luckily not spread very much and her flare ups are pretty rare, letting her live a fairly normal life. But you always have the fear in the back of your mind that it will get worse and spread, especially when the flare ups happen.

She’s also had to give up hobbies she loved and I’ve seen how hard that can be on someone.

I hope your condition will let you enjoy your life for years to come. It at least has to behave till you run a 7 lmao

OP
OP
Nctong01

Nctong01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Little steps here and there. Temp dropped hard this week; unfortunately the individual I had scheduled to come run electricity to the workshop recently never showed up, so I think it'll be my propane heater and portable lighting for the winter.

Really waiting on the bulk of the engine internals to get here before I pull the engine. Pulled the fender liners today and cleaned out the wheel wells, removed the a/c compressor, starting to remove some grounds on the engine, and pulled the steering wheel assembly. Glad I ended up going with a different wheel this go....upon inspection, my carbon fiber wheel had 3 cracks virtually top dead center. I'm not sure if this could have happened via heat/cold cycling or what, but not going to trust the thing not splintering if I hit a wall. If anyone feels they can do anything with it, I'm glad to send it their way for shipping cost (will attach pics)

Received the BMR front bumper support, nitrous should be here this week along with the BAP and a few misc. things.

I've read hood flutter can be exacerbated with the BMR K member...so I ordered some of trackspec's hood vents to see if that at least helps the issue. However will keep an eye on this...upon inspection, it potentially might pull turbo inlet air away due to location so I'll build something to partition air that way if need be. I'd really like to run the turbo front inlet to the grill opening, but don't think the juice is worth the squeeze having to modify the cooling system to do so.

Next big purchase will be the 9 inch...should be a week and a half before funds are there. After that's ordered (hopefully) the bigger work will start rolling in place.

9CCA20E3-2C71-44B7-A042-EDCA7453FCCE.jpeg

434FAEE2-1CE2-4438-BD32-BCA60D973795.jpeg
Sponsored