Sponsored

If the new s650 has a v8 hybrid, does that mean it will be more expensive to maintain?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Of course it will. And much harder and more expensive to hotrod. How many out there modding hybrids?
How many hybrids models are there that people have any interest in modding?

As far as a hybrid Mustang other than specific powertrain related mods everything else will be available. Wheel, tires, suspension, interior and exterior cosmetics. There will be plenty to do and may ways to make it your own.

If you want a supercharger better buy a V8 now
Sponsored

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT / 68 Mustang Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Well considering the new F150 Lightning tops out at damn near a 100 grand, I don't think hybrid's are going to be far behind price wise. Especially with a true Mustang nameplate on it (The Mach-E is not a Mustang).

EV are not cheap and when the world is slapped in the face with a bunch of realities regarding service, disposal, creation, etc, about EV's, it's gonna get real interesting...

Last edited:

07S281E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Saleen S281E, 2020 Shelby GT 350
This is the very reason I bought a 2020 GT350. I wanted a non Hybrid EV platform I could keep and modify over time, once the warranty runs out. I figure even if a V8, manual, RWD mustang is offered over the next 5 to 10 years the supply will be limited and the demand will be high.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Well considering the new F150 Lightning tops out at damn near a 100 grand, I don't think hybrid's are going to be far behind price wise. Especially with a true Mustang nameplate on it (The Mach-E is not a Mustang).

EV are not cheap and when the world is slapped in the face with a bunch of realities regarding service, disposal, creation, etc, about EV's, it's gonna get real interesting...
Hybrid Maverick truck starts at $19,995, so it doesn't have to be crazy expensive.

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT / 68 Mustang Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
True, it certainly doesn't.

But, we are talking about a performance car that will be intended to match performance with others in the EV world.

Sponsored

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
V8 mustang with electric motor, batteries, wiring and etc - even modding and cost questions aside, who would want a sports car that weights like an oil tanker and drives like one? I would assume that the hybrid power train would be a replacement for ecoboost, would be 2-door Prius essentially.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
V8 mustang with electric motor, batteries, wiring and etc - even modding and cost questions aside, who would want a sports car that weights like an oil tanker and drives like one? I would assume that the hybrid power train would be a replacement for ecoboost, would be 2-door Prius essentially.
It is unlikely we will see. V8 for exactly the reasons you mentioned. Better chance to see a V6 Hybrid as the new middle car in the lineup. Would love to see a 500HP V8, a 420ish hybrid and a 350ish EB.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
The 4000lb GT500 has proved Ford can make a heavy car handle superbly.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
The 4000lb GT500 has proved Ford can make a heavy car handle superbly.
If my data is correct. The GT500 runs neck and neck with the Porsche GT3 on the Neurbergring.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
True, it certainly doesn't.

But, we are talking about a performance car that will be intended to match performance with others in the EV world.
A V8 Hybrid most likely will not match other performance EV's on the market. It would be a similar system to the Aviators hybrid drive. Maybe 100HP/250TQ out of the hybrid part.

Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.

Nah, the world will just send it all off to a 3rd world country to never be seen again, other than a a youtube video of mountains of trash and ev waste. Just like the world does now with 85% of it's waste. But they'll feel so green that they lowered their carbon footprint from their sight, to somone elses nightmare.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Maverick truck starts at $19,995, so it doesn't have to be crazy expensive.
Lets see how long they last and cost/repair before passing judgement.
Knowing Ford they cheeped out in the wrong places and once the word gets out that they have problems that cause headaches for owners, it won't matter if they start at 20k.
You'd think they learn, build a touff as nails unit and people will line up for it. build a cheap pos people will be fooled only shortly

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only reason they'll build a hybrid is to help meet c.a.f.e.
Weight and complexity won't matter.
I don't see it happening in a v8 powered car. but I see the v8 going away and the v6 turbo hybrid replacing it.
No way to keep building a v8 car in any big volume with the new cafe regs. A v8 will have to be a outside builder on paper anyways, To keep a v8 alive. it have to be for example a Roush Mustang. With a Rouch window sticker, not a ford.
My Crystall ball see's the v8 production going to that above and limited to the volume of a small vehicle producer.
the 2.7 or 3.7 dual turbo v6 being the gt and the 4 banger size shrinking and a hybrid added to it.

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
If people still buy coyote f150 in size, the mustang will retain its.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
Lets see how long they last and cost/repair before passing judgement.
Knowing Ford they cheeped out in the wrong places and once the word gets out that they have problems that cause headaches for owners, it won't matter if they start at 20k.
You'd think they learn, build a touff as nails unit and people will line up for it. build a cheap pos people will be fooled only shortly
It's the same basic drivetrain that's been out over 2 years on the Escape, and I've heard of no issues yet. The Mustang system should be more robust.
Sponsored