Sponsored

If I wanted to add a sub to my system...

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
in the trunk. How difficult would it be? I have the corner sub but that sounds muddy. I have a sub and amp from another car that I want to install (and be able to remove when needing more trunk space). Should I leave this to a professional installer or would it be a rather simple install?
Sponsored

OP
OP
20ducks

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Lets see...maybe if I asked the same question in a different way.....I want to add a stand alone sub with its own amp....what do I need to do? Please help me!!

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
It truly is not a simple task. My suggestion would be to read the sticky at the top of this section. It's long and drawn out but what you'll need to do is covered. I'm only to page 41 and I at least have a plan to do what your asking but it's not an easy task. And I'm working on the 9 speaker system with no sub, wanting to add a sub. Now that said my plan is to install a t-harness behind the acm and tap into the low signal there and split it so that i can hook up RCA cables to run to the trunk. That way factory system and signals stay intact to oe amp and I'll have a signal to run to the trunk for a sub.

OP
OP
20ducks

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It truly is not a simple task. My suggestion would be to read the sticky at the top of this section. It's long and drawn out but what you'll need to do is covered. I'm only to page 41 and I at least have a plan to do what your asking but it's not an easy task. And I'm working on the 9 speaker system with no sub, wanting to add a sub. Now that said my plan is to install a t-harness behind the acm and tap into the low signal there and split it so that i can hook up RCA cables to run to the trunk. That way factory system and signals stay intact to oe amp and I'll have a signal to run to the trunk for a sub.
With all due respect, although that "sticky" original purpose had meaning and application it no longer is a "sticky", it is a novel. I went through many of the pages and what I tried to understand I quickly became mired in technojumble. It is a godsend to those that understand it but to get a clear direction to my question it appears to me to be impossible.

I also understand that for some asking a question such as: "what time is it?", you'll get an answer how to build a clock. I get it and to that end, I'll go elsewhere in my quest.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
With all due respect, although that "sticky" original purpose had meaning and application it no longer is a "sticky", it is a novel. I went through many of the pages and what I tried to understand I quickly became mired in technojumble. It is a godsend to those that understand it but to get a clear direction to my question it appears to me to be impossible.

I also understand that for some asking a question such as: "what time is it?", you'll get an answer how to build a clock. I get it and to that end, I'll go elsewhere in my quest.
Call me tomorrow sometime. sending a PM

he's right it really is a process. I did it though last year. I just dont feel like typing it out

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
If all you are wanting to do is add a subwoofer and amplifier and your system has the stock subwoofer, it is not that difficult, as you can pull the audio signal from the wires at the subwoofer. You will have to run the power wire and fuse up to battery and there is a ground between the seats in the trunk. If the amplifier has speaker level input then that saves a step of having to adding a low level converter.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
If all you are wanting to do is add a subwoofer and amplifier and your system has the stock subwoofer, it is not that difficult, as you can pull the audio signal from the wires at the subwoofer. You will have to run the power wire and fuse up to battery and there is a ground between the seats in the trunk. If the amplifier has speaker level input then that saves a step of having to adding a low level converter.
I thought he had 9 speaker system but we talked and I told him his clip has his signal wires just grab them there

I recommended him use forescan and disable eq to make low level signal though for his aftermarket amp
Sponsored