Sponsored

If buying Long tubes , What or who’s fit the best?

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Pay $50k+ for a car………bargain shop to save $500 on headers :crazy:

if you’re going to do something, do it right. There isn’t enough of a savings to go cheap when the labor to fix a potential problem is so intense.
But why pay $1400 for a $200 part. That’s like paying $75k for your $50k gt. If you want to pay more I’m not stopping anyone. If you’re NA LTH will not give you enough to justify the the price anyway. I don’t pay labor on anything
Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
But why pay $1400 for a $200 part. That’s like paying $75k for your $50k gt. If you want to pay more I’m not stopping anyone. If you’re NA LTH will not give you enough to justify the the price anyway. I don’t pay labor on anything
I know what you mean. They seem very expensive for what they are. But I think you’re paying for the fitment more than anything else. I don’t remember the last time I saw a thread about kooks not fitting. On the other hand you don’t have to search too hard to find guys with issues after buying lower end brands.
I wish I could install them myself on my car but i can’t. And I don’t want to risk paying someone twice

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I know what you mean. They seem very expensive for what they are. But I think you’re paying for the fitment more than anything else. I don’t remember the last time I saw a thread about kooks not fitting. On the other hand you don’t have to search too hard to find guys with issues after buying lower end brands.
I wish I could install them myself on my car but i can’t. And I don’t want to risk paying someone twice
I understand and cheaper headers are not for everyone in fact unless you are installing them yourself I would not do it. But if you are installing them yourself and don’t mind if you have to do a little extra work if they don’t fit perfectly then you can save a lot of money. I personally have never had a problem with cheap headers not fitting right the first time

GR1MxREAPER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
With all the work and swearing that goes into installing these I think most would rather spend more and do it once vs risk the lottery with these no name shops or eBay garbage. Also Kooks/corsa/Arh all do lots of hours on dynos when r&ding their products to make sure they are perfect. The others are just copying as close as they can to those guys but have no idea why the big companies do what they do lol. As stated above, I’ve never seen one thread about kooks/corsa or arh not fitting or having to do extr to make them fit.. the others have dozens of threads about how the y are junk or missing parts or poorly welded. If your a gambler you can save some money but in the end most people would rather save for another couple months and just get the right ones to start with. 👍🏼

H2P

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Just had a set of SW LTH installed two weeks ago. Shop that installed did a terrible job and let the passenger side rub. I had to jack the motor myself and push it over towards the drivers side to fix it. It’s perfect now, tons of room on both sides.
I’d spend the extra $ and go with a reputable brand, ford left very little room to play with. With that being said I didn’t buy kooks because I needed cats and paying 3200+tax seemed like insanity to me when there were so many other options.

Sponsored

Djetok

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1
we did stainless works fit perfect

OP
OP
Mustangfreek

Mustangfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15’ GT
Lol...I’m not trying to cheap out..

Im that guy who likEs his bang for the buck, but I’ve played with highboys, and lots of fox bodies and have gone the used budget builds, swear at it to fit, ding, cut..lol

Im willing to pay, but I’ll admit I don’t know if I can pay $2k plus for factory fitting headers...lol

That and many seem to be out of stock.

The LTH’s and ARH’s look like a good middle of the road price and quality/figment seems good, from the lack, of threads/feedback I guess..

Whos got the best price on 15’ catted or off-road LTH, or ARH’s?

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
How does Stainless Works, Stainless Power Catted LTH Compare to ARH or Kooks Catted LTH, FIT, Finish ETC.
Thanks

OP
OP
Mustangfreek

Mustangfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15’ GT
And..I already have the off-road header lead pipes from my Borja “S” 3” catback

I really only need the headers and I’m sure I could make them work..idk though..grasping?..lol

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Lol...I’m not trying to cheap out..

Im that guy who likEs his bang for the buck, but I’ve played with highboys, and lots of fox bodies and have gone the used budget builds, swear at it to fit, ding, cut..lol

Im willing to pay, but I’ll admit I don’t know if I can pay $2k plus for factory fitting headers...lol

That and many seem to be out of stock.

The LTH’s and ARH’s look like a good middle of the road price and quality/figment seems good, from the lack, of threads/feedback I guess..

Whos got the best price on 15’ catted or off-road LTH, or ARH’s?
Add in an x-pipe and axle back and you’ll spend $3K+ easily. It’s a hard pill to swallow, but once they’re installed it’ll bring a smile to your face the second you press the start button.

Sponsored

Mdtaylorjr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
I had the Xforce headers on my 17 and the fit and finish was excellent and they put an access point in to make getting to the starter easier. I liked those so much I recently ordered a set for my 2021.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Just had a set of SW LTH installed two weeks ago. Shop that installed did a terrible job and let the passenger side rub. I had to jack the motor myself and push it over towards the drivers side to fix it. It’s perfect now, tons of room on both sides.
I’d spend the extra $ and go with a reputable brand, ford left very little room to play with. With that being said I didn’t buy kooks because I needed cats and paying 3200+tax seemed like insanity to me when there were so many other options.
I have a set of green catted ones on order for $2100... After some research I found they were also a vendor on this forum. They are marked up on a LOT of sites. ARH are as well. You typically have to message them for the best pricing.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I have a set of green catted ones on order for $2100... After some research I found they were also a vendor on this forum. They are marked up on a LOT of sites. ARH are as well. You typically have to message them for the best pricing.
Oh shit that’s a great price for kooks with green cats!

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
I had the Xforce headers on my 17 and the fit and finish was excellent and they put an access point in to make getting to the starter easier. I liked those so much I recently ordered a set for my 2021.
Great to hear. I hope you Post your install to help others. Thank you
Sponsored