Sponsored

If buying Long tubes , What or who’s fit the best?

OP
OP
Mustangfreek

Mustangfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15’ GT
Thanks fellas.. now I just need to order some and find some help,installing..no lift and got a bad elbow/back that needs repaired..
Sponsored

Excelerater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
American Racing Headers I run in my car,pretty much identical to Kooks
and I also have thier full exhaust ,very nice sound but not too loud . 5 years no issues

Jupiter Sean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS Blk
Vehicle Showcase
I went Corsa and they fit great. Obnoxiously loud. Paired with the full Corsa Xtreme system they are crazy. I actually regretted it as the Coyote is so raspy and only more so with these, windows up at all times. For some odd reason though after it was supercharged it sounds better and now I'm happy, still windows up though. Also a 2017. Also installed on my back. Really sucked. Give a preemptive "sorry" to the neighbors soon!

Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
If you happen to get a set that fits properly and doesn't rust out after a year, go for it. I'd rather buy a quality set but to each their own.
How many sets have you purchased that had fitment issues or developed rust?
I have installed a few sets now and zero problems. The only difference is how they weld them. They do something called cold welding which is not as strong but does not make a difference in this case. So unless someone just wants a name brand there no advantage

OP
OP
Mustangfreek

Mustangfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15’ GT
Which LTHs did you decide on?
Not exactly sure, have/had a few messages out with pricing/availability. SP are half the price of arch/lth and others and more.

Looking at

ARH
LTH
Stainless Power

A few others, but they’re out of stock everywhere, three above see to be available and ready to ship

I wish I could just find a set of these borla ones I mentioned above, as they would bolt right up, and the catback came with offroad pipes for LT’s so most kits come with catted ones, so I’ll have a extra set

Which brings me to another question, I just installed a 3” Borla S, will the high flo/short cat vs off-road pipes be much more noticeable?

Are the catted versions much louder then without?
Damnit...another Q...lol.. so is the catted lt’s much louder then oem manifold/cats?

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I have high flow cats and they are loud. Now that I have a straight through axle back, they are even louder.

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
When I had my 14' there were a lot of people having issues with O2 sensors going out while running E85 on a regular basis. I had bought some Kooks (back when they were'nt outrageously priced) & found out they were the only ones not having this issue due to the O2 sensor fitting being welded at an anlge. Do all the brands do this now, or is it still just Kooks brand that welds the bungs at an angle?

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
Not exactly sure, have/had a few messages out with pricing/availability. SP are half the price of arch/lth and others and more.

Looking at

ARH
LTH
Stainless Power

A few others, but they’re out of stock everywhere, three above see to be available and ready to ship
If you can point me to someone who has Stainless Power in stock I’d appreciate it. I’ve been waiting over 6 weeks for a set to ship from one of our large forum vendors.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mustangfreek

Mustangfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15’ GT
When I had my 14' there were a lot of people having issues with O2 sensors going out while running E85 on a regular basis. I had bought some Kooks (back when they were'nt outrageously priced) & found out they were the only ones not having this issue due to the O2 sensor fitting being welded at an anlge. Do all the brands do this now, or is it still just Kooks brand that welds the bungs at an angle?
I thought I read that was for E85?

Dorsnt stainless power have their bungs welded at a angle?

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
How many sets have you purchased that had fitment issues or developed rust?
I have installed a few sets now and zero problems. The only difference is how they weld them. They do something called cold welding which is not as strong but does not make a difference in this case. So unless someone just wants a name brand there no advantage
None because I'm not taking a risk on cheap quality stuff. I'm glad it worked out for you.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
None because I'm not taking a risk on cheap quality stuff. I'm glad it worked out for you.
Pay $50k+ for a car………bargain shop to save $500 on headers :crazy:

if you’re going to do something, do it right. There isn’t enough of a savings to go cheap when the labor to fix a potential problem is so intense.
Sponsored