Sponsored

Ideas for exhaust. Going from stock to longtubes cat delete h or x and full Catback

damondewaynehuff84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Package
I've got a 17 gt 6 speed performance pack car. Right now I just have muffler delete and the rest of the exhaust is all stock. It sounds ok but just not what I'm looking for. I want louder for sure. I know I want catless long tubes and h or x pipe. As for cat backs I've thought about roush, borla, corsa, and mbrp. Not sure which one to go with for the best sound. A little raspiness is ok but not a bunch.
Sponsored

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Longtubes, resonators, and Corsa sport with double X is just about right. IMO

Ronnoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
In love with my longtubes + Corsa Sport Catback combo. Screams at WOT and no drone

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I've got a 17 gt 6 speed performance pack car. Right now I just have muffler delete and the rest of the exhaust is all stock. It sounds ok but just not what I'm looking for. I want louder for sure. I know I want catless long tubes and h or x pipe. As for cat backs I've thought about roush, borla, corsa, and mbrp. Not sure which one to go with for the best sound. A little raspiness is ok but not a bunch.

LTHs and Roush axlebacks freaking scream man. I had the setup. Put in resonators and it is just right.

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
I’m catless with KRONA cat backs and couldn’t be happier. They also make headers for their system.

Sponsored

myboostedgst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
17 GT 6-speed here as well. Going Kooks LTH, catless mids, and Extreme quad tip catback. I was seriously considering Borla Ataks instead as I much prefer that WOT sound over the extreme, but the idle from the Extreme is a little more raspy and what I want.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
LTH with Corda Sport sounds great. I had actually gone Corsa Extremes then LTH and ended up adding Vibrant resonators back on to calm it down some and get it closer to how the sport would have sounded.

SVT Wylde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randall
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Check out some videos of a full ARH exhaust.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Well if you want to save the longtube headache I can tell you a Pypes H or X Bomb catback qualifies as f’ing loud by itself. I have the H bomb and it’s loud, deep and sounds unique with the mid muffler setup.

OP
OP
damondewaynehuff84

damondewaynehuff84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Package
17 GT 6-speed here as well. Going Kooks LTH, catless mids, and Extreme quad tip catback. I was seriously considering Borla Ataks instead as I much prefer that WOT sound over the extreme, but the idle from the Extreme is a little more raspy and what I want.
See I'm into the deeper tone at idle. I love the rumble at idle with just a hint of raspy. I think im going LTH, catless mid, and roush catback or borla catback. I've got it narrowed down just gotta decide which tone I want and which has the best rumble.

Sponsored

myboostedgst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
See I'm into the deeper tone at idle. I love the rumble at idle with just a hint of raspy. I think im going LTH, catless mid, and roush catback or borla catback. I've got it narrowed down just gotta decide which tone I want and which has the best rumble.
I completely understand. Overall I prefer the deeper tone than the raspy throughout the range. I would have no problem going with either one. I still may end up with the ATAK, I just need to find some good videos of it with the ghost cam. There are a few videos with the Extreme that just sound too good at idle to pass up.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Longtube headers catted or catless + Corsa Sport + Vibrant 1794 resonators = The winning combo with headers.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
headers will make any system louder, the x catbacks will be a little raspier, the h a little deeper, both can be loud, but have to decide the "sound" you want and how loud you actually want it, feel free to give me a ring and we'll try to help guide you

myboostedgst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
headers will make any system louder, the x catbacks will be a little raspier, the h a little deeper, both can be loud, but have to decide the "sound" you want and how loud you actually want it, feel free to give me a ring and we'll try to help guide you
Borla claims that the ATAK 18-19 w/out active exhaust will not fit a 15-17 even with quad tip rear diffuser. Is this accurate? Other places list the Corsa quad tips work for both 15-17 and 18-19 w/out active.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
they should fit IMO if they fit an 18 / 19, any brand that makes something for 18-19 should carry backward
Sponsored