Sponsored

Iconic Silver GT500 at Daytona

Grey03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Raptor, 2021 BMW M340i
After reading that dealer enrollment card that was released a couple weeks ago, I wonder if painted stripes are only going to be available on the Carbon Fiber Track Package cars? It's kinda the way it reads.
That sounds logical to me. I getting a base car and vinyl stripes are fine for me. How about you? You going for the Carbon Fiber?

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
That sounds logical to me. I getting a base car and vinyl stripes are fine for me. How about you? You going for the Carbon Fiber?
Nope, too rich for my blood. lol!

Plus, I'd be paranoid to drive the car with those wheels and need/want the back seat.

I'm going for a base car with black roof, stripes, and the electronics package.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
After reading that dealer enrollment card that was released a couple weeks ago, I wonder if painted stripes are only going to be available on the Carbon Fiber Track Package cars? It's kinda the way it reads.
Yes

Grey03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Raptor, 2021 BMW M340i
Nope, too rich for my blood. lol!

Plus, I'd be paranoid to drive the car with those wheels and need/want the back seat.

I'm going for a base car with black roof, stripes, and the electronics package.
Same. I think i'm also getting the base seats. I like the heated and cooling too much.. Pic a color yet? I currently have an Ingot silver 19 GT, not sure what color I want to get in the 500.

Sponsored

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
Same. I think i'm also getting the base seats. I like the heated and cooling too much.. Pic a color yet? I currently have an Ingot silver 19 GT, not sure what color I want to get in the 500.
Nice man! I keep going back and forth about the seats. I loved the heated/cooled seats in the my GT350. They were very comfortable. But, I love the look of the new recaros and kinda feel like this car needs them. We'll see.

I'm going with Twister Orange with black stripes. :like:

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure vinyl stripes are an option you can order. The painted stripes will be limited and more expensive.
possibly, im def getting recaros and tech pack and CF interior. Id love to have the CF wheels and wing, but no backseat means id be paying more, just to pay more after the sale to add them back in.

Stripes I can do at anytime, and probably even day of delivery ( after ceramic coat) for free since I have friends in that business as well, so no point in paying Ford for them if i can pay material cost

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
possibly, im def getting recaros and tech pack and CF interior. Id love to have the CF wheels and wing, but no backseat means id be paying more, just to pay more after the sale to add them back in.

Stripes I can do at anytime, and probably even day of delivery ( after ceramic coat) for free since I have friends in that business as well, so no point in paying Ford for them if i can pay material cost
If you want stripes just get OEM. They will be better.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
If you want stripes just get OEM. They will be better.
I'm not so sure they are better. I think Ford uses a hybrid cast vinyl. So the color is "printed" on top of a base vinyl rather than all the way thru as with true cast. In the industry, cast is considered the best for durability and longevity. Ford's way lets them dictate the exact color and create special effects similar to tint coats with paint but I don't think its as tough as the top aftermarket stripes. But I'm no expert, just what I gleaned while researching my choice of vinyl or painted stripes (I chose painted).

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
I'm not so sure they are better. I think Ford uses a hybrid cast vinyl. So the color is "printed" on top of a base vinyl rather than all the way thru as with true cast. In the industry, cast is considered the best for durability and longevity. Ford's way lets them dictate the exact color and create special effects similar to tint coats with paint but I don't think its as tough as the top aftermarket stripes. But I'm no expert, just what I gleaned while researching my choice of vinyl or painted stripes (I chose painted).
I know a lot of aftermarket stripes are junk but there are ones that are better than OEM also. So yes you are right.
Also the stripes are only as good as the people installing them.

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
OEm stripes are no better than privatized business that do it for a living, plus it aids friends business'es, which Im a big supporter of. why spend $500 with ford, when i get equal/better quality from friends/local business for material at cost, and give them media content

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
OEm stripes are no better than privatized business that do it for a living, plus it aids friends business'es, which Im a big supporter of. why spend $500 with ford, when i get equal/better quality from friends/local business for material at cost, and give them media content
And don't forget a LOT more color choices as well as style, widths, etc..Only way I would have factory vinyl stripes is if they were just that magic color that was also unavailable elsewhere or if they were forced on me by another option I needed.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
You have a good point but the car will not be worth as much with aftermarket stripes no matter how nice they are.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
You have a good point but the car will not be worth as much with aftermarket stripes no matter how nice they are.
i dont think stripes has an effect on sales, especially in the timeframe id be getting rid of it. so its less than a moot point

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
Sponsored