Sponsored

I Washed the Mustang and Discovered That

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
The panel gaps and or bumper sag on my $30K Mustang is 1000X better than the $60K 2017 GT350 I sold. Hopefully Ford figured out what was causing the rear bumper sag and fixed it. I took the GT350 in at about 5,000 miles and the dealership was able to fix the sag.

Hopefully my 18 does not suffer the same fait and over time develop the sag.

The rest of the panel gaps are way better on the 18 than what the GT350 had. Maybe the different front end contributed to the panel gap issues. I don't know but happy with the 18 so far.

Has anyone with an 18 noticed better panel gap as compared to pervious years?
Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
The panel gaps and or bumper sag on my $30K Mustang is 1000X better than the $60K 2017 GT350 I sold. Hopefully Ford figured out what was causing the rear bumper sag and fixed it. I took the GT350 in at about 5,000 miles and the dealership was able to fix the sag.

The rest of the panel gaps are way better on the 18 than what the GT350 had. Maybe the different front end contributed to the panel gap issues. I don't know but happy with the 18 so far.

My very anecdotal review of cars on dealer lots seemed somewhat better for '18s, but that's only looking at maybe a couple dozen cars.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase

My 18 has better panel gaps than my 13 does. I'm going to keep an eye on them to make sure they don't sag. I love my 18 though. It draws a lot of attention.

PTM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT PP A10
The AVIS and Perceptron systems on the CAL line at the plant are really good at picking up any panel alignment issues. If it detects any, the vehicle is sent to have the gaps checked/fixed before it leaves the factory.

I have the AVIS pictures of my car at the plant and the QLS log. It may have been because my car was tagged as a Ford "show car" and put through the FCPA process but all of my body panels were checked/adjusted for perfect placement/gaps per the QLS log.

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
The AVIS and Perceptron systems on the CAL line at the plant are really good at picking up any panel alignment issues. If it detects any, the vehicle is sent to have the gaps checked/fixed before it leaves the factory.

I have the AVIS pictures of my car at the plant and the QLS log. It may have been because my car was tagged as a Ford "show car" and put through the FCPA process but all of my body panels were checked/adjusted for perfect placement/gaps per the QLS log.
Is it possible for the average Joe to get these pictures and logs?

Sponsored

PTM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT PP A10
Is it possible for the average Joe to get these pictures and logs?
I'm sorry to say, no it isn't unless you work for Ford at a certain level or are highly connected internally. The dealerships don't even have access to them. The QLS logs are the internal quality report on the car as it was being built. Those never get out into the public. The AVIS pictures aren't really a big deal but they are internal photos and time stamped so they can be tracked if leaked. The AVIS system takes a picture of the vehicle in a booth on the CAL line and references that picture to a reference picture to determine if something isn't right. The Perceptron robots then scans the car surface measuring for any surface that isn't in spec (dent/panel gap/etc).

TripleB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Snack Pack- Whipple Stage 2
My 2015 rear bumpers are starting to sag really bad. What’s the fix?

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

smbsocal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT Vert, '17 C7 Z06, '19 BMW X5
My '18 gaps are great except for the rear. It hopefully will hold up better with age than most people.

The only other issue I had with fitment was that the trunk wouldn't close and latch without a lot of force. I adjusted the latch when I put sound dampening in the trunk and it closes without any effort now.
Sponsored